Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP BOMBSHELL ROCKS CAMPAIGN - STATE FOR SALE

AP BOMBSHELL ROCKS CAMPAIGN - STATE FOR SALE

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It's an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president.

At least 85 of 154 people from private interests who met or had phone conversations scheduled with Clinton while she led the State Department donated to her family charity or pledged commitments to its international programs, according to a review of State Department calendars released so far to The Associated Press. Combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million. At least 40 donated more than $100,000 each, and 20 gave more than $1 million.
    Over Half Of Hillary's Private Meetings As Secretary Were With Donors Who Paid $156 Million

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...id-156-million
    Last edited by openfire; 08-24-2016 at 01:24 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shocked, I tell ya; shocked.
    There is no spoon.

LOL Western News Media running out of anti trump stories?

I never would have believed the Clintons were crooked...

Wow. I wonder what Trump got for his donations to the foundation?

Which is worse? Selling access or buying it?

They're all friggin' corrupt as hell!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

and there is no Santa Claus either.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again.

This is why the Trump vs Hillary campaign never made any sense. Its like trying to determine who is worse between the drug dealer and buyer
    Last edited by juleswin; 08-24-2016 at 06:58 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is why the Trump vs Hillary campaign never made any sense. Its like trying to determine who is worse between the drug dealer and seller
    Wait, these are bad people??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Wait, these are bad people??
    Lets just say they are not the kind of people you want hanging around your neighbourhood

This is why the Trump vs Hillary campaign never made any sense. Its like trying to determine who is worse between the drug dealer and buyer
    Tweedledum and Tweedledee
    Agreed to have a battle;
    For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
    Had spoiled his nice new rattle.

Just then flew down a monstrous crow,
    As black as a tar-barrel;
    Which frightened both the heroes so,
    They quite forgot their quarrel.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-24-2016 at 09:15 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Some people would probably think it was good if more than half the people that Ron conversed with contributed to a cause that he supported.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Selling is worse. The public employees that our tax dollars pay for have an obligation to the public they are supposed to serve. The buyers don't have an obligation to the taxpayers.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Selling is worse. The public employees that our tax dollars pay for have an obligation to the public they are supposed to serve. The buyers don't have an obligation to the taxpayers.
    Yeah. That's like blaming the business man for paying off the Mafia boss for his "protection."

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Yeah. That's like blaming the business man for paying off the Mafia boss for his "protection."
    Or like blaming the the woman for having children so she can collect more welfare. Or voting democrats because they catered to my industry or interest group. If we all like Trump took the easy road or only did what was convenient to us(remember he didn't just pay off the Clintons, he payed off Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, DNC etc) and never made any hard decisions, only god knows we all be in a better situation now.

Or blaming a taxpayer for keeping the armed thugs away.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Not only that, a significant number of these people were representing international interests. This could very easily be defined as treason, depending on what was sold to whom.

Or like blaming the the woman for having children so she can collect more welfare. Or voting democrats because they catered to my industry or interest group. If we all like Trump took the easy road or only did what was convenient to us(remember he didn't just pay off the Clintons, he payed off Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, DNC etc) and never made any hard decisions, only god knows we all be in a better situation now.
    Everything in our society is becoming pay to play. License fees, regulations, taxes, excessive educational requirements... Trump knows you are at the mercy of politicians. I suspect his motivation is that his take would increase as president rather than altruistic. But when it comes down to it as a business owner myself, the payer has my sympathies over the payee.

Chester Copperpot

WHERE IS CPUd ON THIS?????? YOUD THINK HE WOULD BE ON TOP OF AN ARTICLE LIKE THIS..

Everything in our society is becoming pay to play. License fees, regulations, taxes, excessive educational requirements... Trump knows you are at the mercy of politicians. I suspect his motivation is that his take would increase as president rather than altruistic. But when it comes down to it as a business owner myself, the payer has my sympathies over the payee.
    Spades are cheaper than taxes and more plentiful than tax collectors....

Yeah, that's BS. As a business-owner, I get pissed that my competition buys favors and I have to work for it. This is the type of thing that those in the ESTABLISHMENT use to keep out unwanted competition and to keep themselves in the money.

Hillary and Trump are both part of the establishment system and neither has any interest in ending it. If anyone thinks otherwise, they've been had.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

If you pay your license fees, taxes, etc., you are basically doing the same thing. The only difference is that extortion is above the table.
    Yeah, that's BS. As a business-owner, I get pissed that my competition buys favors and I have to work for it. This is the type of thing that those in the ESTABLISHMENT use to keep out unwanted competition and to keep themselves in the money.

Hillary and Trump are both part of the establishment system and neither has any interest in ending it. If anyone thinks otherwise, they've been had.

Last edited by RJB; 08-24-2016 at 05:16 PM.

If you pay your license fees, taxes, etc., you are basically doing the same thing. The only difference is that extortion is above the table.
    I am sorry but that is just not true. Running a business and not donating to The Clinton foundation, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid is not a crime. Thousands of business people run successful businesses without lining the pockets of Killary and her cohorts. Not having a license and practicing a licensed profession will actually land you in jail while being caught red handed bribing one of these officials will also land you in jail.

Taxes and license fee support the whole system while payouts targets individual bad actors making the system bad and supports them. Trump doesn't have clean hands on this issue, I think he is just as guilty as the people taking bribes

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Taxes and license fee support the whole CORRUPTED system
    . FIFY. Thanks for making my point. I am not directly defending Trump. On the contrary I think he is looking forward to being on the receiving end. However, I think the whole system is corrupted.

BTW Jules and Capt. Realize I am aware that I am playing devil's advocate with a small side of hyperbole.

Clinton's full State Dept. schedule won't be released until after Election Day

WASHINGTON – Seven months after a federal judge ordered the State Department to begin releasing monthly batches of the detailed daily schedules showing meetings by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, the government told The Associated Press it won't finish the job before Election Day.

The department has so far released about half of the schedules. Its lawyers said in a phone conference with the AP's lawyers that the department now expects to release the last of the detailed schedules around Dec. 30, weeks before the next president is inaugurated.

The AP's lawyers late Friday formally asked the State Department to hasten that effort so that the department could provide all Clinton's minute-by-minute schedules by Oct. 15. The agency did not immediately respond.

The schedules drew new attention this week after the AP analyzed the ones released so far. The news agency found that more than half the people outside the government who met or spoke by telephone with Clinton while she was secretary of state had given money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. The AP's analysis focused on people with private interests and excluded her meetings or calls with U.S. federal employees or foreign government representatives.

The AP's reporting was based on official calendars covering Clinton's entire term plus the more-detailed daily schedules covering roughly half her time as secretary of state. The AP first asked for Clinton's calendars in 2010 and again in 2013. It then sued the State Department in federal court to obtain the detailed schedules, and the department so far has provided about half of them under court order.

Clinton has said the AP's analysis was flawed because it did not account fully for all meetings and phone calls during her entire term as secretary. She also said the analysis should have included meetings with federal employees and foreign diplomats. The AP said it focused on her meetings with outsiders because those were more discretionary, as Clinton would normally meet with federal officials and foreign officials as part of her job.

Clinton said she met with people outside government regardless of whether they gave money or charitable commitments to her family's charity.

"These are people I would be proud to meet with, as any secretary of state would have been proud to meet with, to hear about their work and their insights," Clinton said this week on CNN.

With the foundation drawing continued attention, Clinton promised Friday to put in place additional safeguards to prevent conflicts of interest with the charity should she win the White House.

The foundation issue, along with continued focus on her use of a private email server, has dogged Clinton politically throughout the week, drawing strong criticism from opponent Donald Trump.

Former President Bill Clinton said last week that if she is elected president, the foundation will no longer accept foreign or corporate donations.

The State Department is now estimating there are about 2,700 pages of schedules left. Under its process, it is reviewing and censoring them page-by-page to remove personal details such as private phone numbers or email addresses. In some cases it has censored names of people who met privately with Clinton or the subjects they discussed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ction-day.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Shocked, I tell ya; shocked.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast