Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BREXIT Thread

Greenspan today: "This is the worst period that I can recall".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    LEt the whole lot of them choke on the globalist rot they have sewn!!!! LOL
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by nickpruitt View Post
    Epic line:

One doesn’t have to be an expert on European politics to instinctively understand that if the governments, the central banks and all their connected crony capitalists are howling there will be Armageddon if you do X, it is virtually always in your best interest to do X.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Referring in general to slow economic growth worldwide. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ala...ope-2016-06-24 Growth is slow due several issues including slow increases in technology (meaning slower increases in productivity) and slower population growth.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The global economy is suffering from even bigger woes than the decision by U.K. voters to leave the European Union, Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said Friday.

”This is just the tip of the iceberg,” Greenspan said in an interview on CNBC. “The global economy is in real serious trouble.”

The rejection of British voters of the status quo in Europe was fueled by a “massive slowing” in the growth rate of real incomes that is widespread across Europe, Greenspan said. This, he said, is creating serious political problems that are not easy to resolve.

Behind the slowdown in income is the sharp drop in worker productivity, according to Greenspan. Governments have to cut entitlements to reflect this weakness, he said.

The biggest concern is not a recession, but stagnation, the former Fed chief said.

“The euro-area…is failing,” Greenspan said.

“Greece is in real serious trouble and it is not going to continue in the euro very much longer irrespective of what is going on currently,” he said.

Asked what he would do if he was still Fed chief, Greenspan said: “I would worry.”

Despite the Vote, the Odds Are Against Britain Leaving the EU

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016...craig-roberts/

Paul Craig Roberts

The Brexit vote shows that a majority of the British voters understand that the UK government represents interests other than the interests of the British people. As difficult as the British know it is to hold their own government to account, they understand they have no prospect whatsoever of holding the EU government to account. During their time under the EU, the British have been reminded of historical times when law was the word of the sovereign.

The propagandists who comprise the Western political and media establishments succeeded in keeping the real issues out of public discussion and presenting the leave vote as racism. However, enough of the British people resisted the brainwashing and controlled debate to grasp the real issues: sovereignty, accountable government, financial independence, freedom from involvement in Washington’s wars and conflict with Russia.

The British people should not be so naive as to think that their vote settles the matter. The fight has only begun. Expect:

— The British government to come back to the people and say, look, the EU has given us a better deal. We can now afford to stay in.

— The Fed, ECB, BOJ, and NY hedge funds to pound the pound and to short British stocks in order to convince the British voters that their vote is sinking the economy.

— More emphasis on the vote’s weakening of Europe, leaving all to the mercy of “Russian aggression.”

— Hard to resist bribes (and threats) to prominent members of the leave majority and pressure on such leave leaders as Boris Johnson to be reasonable, concillatory and to maintain good relations with Washington and Europe, and to reach a compromise on remaining in the EU.

— Expect the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) to attribute the loss of British jobs and investment opportunities to the leave vote.

Once you learn to think about how things really are and not as the presstitutes present them,
    you will be able to add to the list all by yourself.

Remember, the Irish voted against the EU and pressure was kept on them until they reversed their vote. This is the likely fate of the British.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

Paul Craig Roberts

The Brexit vote shows that a majority of the British voters understand that the UK government represents interests other than the interests of the British people. As difficult as the British know it is to hold their own government to account, they understand they have no prospect whatsoever of holding the EU government to account. During their time under the EU, the British have been reminded of historical times when law was the word of the sovereign.

The propagandists who comprise the Western political and media establishments succeeded in keeping the real issues out of public discussion and presenting the leave vote as racism. However, enough of the British people resisted the brainwashing and controlled debate to grasp the real issues: sovereignty, accountable government, financial independence, freedom from involvement in Washington’s wars and conflict with Russia.

The British people should not be so naive as to think that their vote settles the matter. The fight has only begun. Expect:

— The British government to come back to the people and say, look, the EU has given us a better deal. We can now afford to stay in.

— The Fed, ECB, BOJ, and NY hedge funds to pound the pound and to short British stocks in order to convince the British voters that their vote is sinking the economy.

— More emphasis on the vote’s weakening of Europe, leaving all to the mercy of “Russian aggression.”

— Hard to resist bribes (and threats) to prominent members of the leave majority and pressure on such leave leaders as Boris Johnson to be reasonable, concillatory and to maintain good relations with Washington and Europe, and to reach a compromise on remaining in the EU.

— Expect the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) to attribute the loss of British jobs and investment opportunities to the leave vote.

Once you learn to think about how things really are and not as the presstitutes present them,

Remember, the Irish voted against the EU and pressure was kept on them until they reversed their vote. This is the likely fate of the British.
    yup. Above is the most likely reality we will see. The vote is actually non-binding... ..they'll weasel their way... ..in.

Britain actually wants a weak Pound- it encourages jobs in the UK- making imports more expensive and their exports more attractive in terms of prices.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-24-2016 at 01:55 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Britain actually wants a week Pound- it encourages jobs in the UK- making imports more expensive and their exports more attractive in terms of prices.
    Does it? In the short term perhaps, but prices will eventually adjust. Ultimately pensioners are hurt the most I would think.

Biden warns of Xenophobia, Nationalism, and Isolationism

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...exit/86344224/

Because, you know...

If you want to self-govern, you're a nationalist.
    If you want to be free to practice and preserve your own culture rather than bending to the will of the majority, you're a xenophobe.
    And if you don't like elite controlled managed trade edicts being the house rules, you're an isolationist.

If however, if you simply lick the boots of the globalist masters and kiss the ring of Sauron, you're an enlightened, well-educated, loving and compassionate free individual who exemplifies tolerance and acceptance of your fellow man and worthy to have songs sung about you.

Tick-tock people. God will not tolerate this forever. Enjoy your 1 year anniversary of the 10th amendment being shat on this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    This is fantastic! I'm not used to seeing big national elections actually turn out my way. But here it is! A good result! It is possible!

Here is the reaction from the opposition. Very telling. Very telling indeed.

Here's the thing: they aren't wrong. Whites did this. Minorities voted Remain. Go figure, eh? Just another fact to think about.
    Oh, they are wrong. The British have bent over backwards being welcoming to immigrants under normal immigration policies. It was the NWO agenda of obliterating everything considered white, culturally Christian countries where the wake up call came from. Merkel's actions were the last straw. Brexit was a matter of survival for the British. It's the internationalists who framed that as "racist". Saving yourself is not racist.

Edit to add: What all of those tweets confirm is that, for the left and all internationalists, it is very much about a racist agenda against white people and their cultures.

So, is Boris Johnson going to be the next PM?
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    So, is Boris Johnson going to be the next PM?
    Skynews says "aye", but I'm waiting for confirmation from other sources. ETA...my Britishen FB colleagues tell me John is roughly their equivalent of Mittens Romney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU. check

THEN THEY RIDICULE YOU. check

THEN THEY FIGHT YOU. check

THEN YOU WIN. check

Let the whining begin, I almost laughed myself to death today listening to the radio where people where moaning and bitching about how this was the wrong result. Awesome, perfect comedy. What a bunch of idiots. First you treat people like they don't matter, then you lose, then you start whining ? These people need to take a look in the mirror and get some self-confidence.
    "I am a bird"

Paul Craig Roberts

I thought Cameron's saying he's not the one to do anything regarding negotiating an exit, putting action off until October and a new PM, was a stalling tactic. I'm also not entirely sure about Boris and if he can cajoled. Farage and UKIP need to stay on top of it and you know they will.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I thought Cameron's saying he's not the one to do anything regarding negotiating an exit, putting action off until October and a new PM, was a stalling tactic. I'm also not entirely sure about Boris and if he can cajoled. Farage and UKIP need to stay on top of it and you know they will.
    Boris is a good guy. But yeah, Farage will be out of a job soon... So he might run for parliament. I don't think Boris is the person to watch. It's the rest of the government, the people who lost. They are now desperately looking at ways to reverse the outcome. Having some knowledge of how the EU works, that is the most scary part.
    "I am a bird"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The British rejected open borders and Muslim immigration. Couple days before the vote David Cameron was asked several times if he would veto Turkey if it applied for EU membership and he wouldn't say no. If Turkey became a member of the EU that would mean 75 million Turks would be free to setup shop in any country in the EU

Wouldn't that be great???

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...114009090.html

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    This is fantastic! I'm not used to seeing big national elections actually turn out my way. But here it is! A good result! It is possible!

Here is the reaction from the opposition. Very telling. Very telling indeed.

Here's the thing: they aren't wrong. Whites did this. Minorities voted Remain. Go figure, eh? Just another fact to think about.
    Colour me surprised, Helmuth eluding to a position he will not declare nor defend. Hopefully you'll be by soon to tell me how emotional I'm being for pointing that out, so we can see everything you have to offer in a concise area.

relevant:
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU. check

THEN THEY RIDICULE YOU. check

THEN THEY FIGHT YOU. check

THEN YOU WIN. check

Let the whining begin, I almost laughed myself to death today listening to the radio where people where moaning and bitching about how this was the wrong result. Awesome, perfect comedy. What a bunch of idiots. First you treat people like they don't matter, then you lose, then you start whining ? These people need to take a look in the mirror and get some self-confidence.
    From a London chatsite, full of far left liberals:

For me it's that everyone I care about and love is in as much shock as I am, there are people that understand what a retrograde step this will be, for me being European was always part of what I defined myself as, but only as a step in the journey to being a global citizen, which surely is what the human race has to strive for, I knew that would not come in my lifetime, but maybe in a generation or two. That those who I share this island with have decided to turn back the clock is heart wrenching, and will take generations to fix. But I guess now I have to move to phase two on my own, shoulder to shoulder with those I love who see the future differently. I am a global citizen. I will not let them use fear and mendacity to rule my life, and will do my utmost to stop them doing it to others. So maybe the kindling of the spark of revolution will be what good can come of such a tragedy.

I just sent this (thread) to a Belgian friend who lives in London with his British wife. He runs a one man band consultancy advising/lobbying/communicating/informing about EU policy mainly in the field of healthcare and midwifery. He's beside himself today so I message him trying to find something positive to say.

So avoidable and so frustratingly sad. I wish I'd done more.
    I hope this whole sorry state of affairs has created a new generation of highly politicised youngsters ready to actively go and stand up for fairness, equality and inclusiveness. Everything those Brexit types don't stand for. I was encouraged by something I saw today which I've never seen before: fire in people's eyes talking about politics - in work, at the coffee machine, in the street. Not just amongst my usual fired up lefty friends (no offence intended - I include myself in that description!) but amongst the general population. Let's hope something good can come of that.
    Big love x

Yeah. I've always felt a sense of responsibility to teach my kiddos how to be global citizens (I've even done a training course in it pre-babbies) but that sense now is even more overwhelming. We need to make enough noise and have enough compassion to drown out the hate.

I'm heartened by J's facebook page, he's been bloody angry all day, and a lot of his mates seem to be too.

'I'm so angry. A generation given everything - free education, golden pensions, social mobility - have voted to strip my generation's future' is one post he's cc'd onwards. Poor sods.

Don't think I was ever thinking of voting out, though I wasn't sure right at the beginning if I could be arsed to vote. I am anti-EU, same as I am anti-UK. If there was a chance of a genuine left exit, tearing down the walls of Fortress Europe, smashing the bastards who smashed Greece, I could be up for that.

Is it possible that it all won't be so bad and we're overreacting? I feel desperately despondent right now, but maybe we're all wrong and the country will be OK.

If bobbins (a banker) says it's going to be very bad, it's going to be bad. Mind his 'very bad' is different to most peoples'.

I think it's a retrograde step. I think it's a big mistake. But it's not the end of the world, that's true. 20% of me was always for Brexit, if I'm honest. I always had sympathy with the better argued cases that weren't just about immigration and racism. But immigration and racism, I fear, are what swung it in the end for Leave.

I think Labour have a lot to answer for with the Blair years of unfettered immigration and I think that this vote was to some extent a backlash against that.

And yet, 48% of people voted in. The country is truly divided.

I'd been complacent, only signs I've seen are Remain. A few in the posher parts of Lewisham, absolutely loads in inner west London. I'm now treating the M25 as an international border and refusing to leave by land.

I don´t know to what extent a decision like that can be taken by 52-48. There are always limits. A minimum. Certain laws regarding fundamental rights can not be modified at Spanish Parliament without an enforced majority: 2/3 or even 3/4. Separating from Europe by 52%. That doesn´t sound very sane. Maybe the result two weeks later would be different.
    I don´t know. I find all this to be absurd apart from terrible.

To what point are Britishers entitled to decide this. I have recently started reading a book about the Roman Empire by Mary Beard. This woman who, apart from her wisdom, seems lovely, now is not European any more... Why? Can you in Britain decide that? Britain don´t belong to Britain.

Can't be arsed to read back to see if this has been mentioned, but that expletivewit in her Union Jack dress is going to look even more stupid when the UK splits up and the flag becomes obsolete. Expletiveing wank$#@!.

This from an FT reader kind of sums it up:

"A quick note on the first three tragedies. Firstly, it was the working classes who voted for us to leave because they were economically disregarded, and it is they who will suffer the most in the short term. They have merely swapped one distant and unreachable elite for another. Secondly, the younger generation has lost the right to live and work in 27 other countries. We will never know the full extent of the lost opportunities, friendships, marriages and experiences we will be denied. Freedom of movement was taken away by our parents, uncles, and grandparents in a parting blow to a generation that was already drowning in the debts of our predecessors. Thirdly and perhaps most significantly, we now live in a post-factual democracy. When the facts met the myths they were as useless as bullets bouncing off the bodies of aliens in a HG Wells novel. When Michael Gove said, ‘The British people are sick of experts,’ he was right. But can anybody tell me the last time a prevailing culture of anti-intellectualism has led to anything other than bigotry?"

"a post-factual democracy" rings very true. No one who voted for this knew what they were voting for. They were voting for change, any change, something different, no matter what.

the eu was firmly established as the bogeyman responsible for countless ills, in a way that was certainly xenophobic. no doubt that dog whistle stuff attracted all the better elements. but i am sure it also attracted many more who are legitimately concerned about those ills.

now the bogeyman is dead it becomes more, erm... interesting

The bogeyman isn't dead though. There are many years left of invoking "the EU", as a proxy for "foreigners", because we don't want to sound quite so openly racist

I don't think calling Brexiters 'racist' is all that helpful given the 52-48 split, I don't think half the country's racist. And besides, Gibraltarians voted Remain the most, and they're as racist as you get.

And the lone person who voted leave:

see, that's why I'm off, I know plenty of people who are neither xenephobic or racist who voted exit, myself for one, so you know what, expletive the lot of you, you live in a expletiveing bubble and haven't a expletiveing clue what goes on outside it, I'm expletiveing happy we've voted leave, expletive off

Hundreds of posts like those. You'd think a loved one just died.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    The British rejected open borders and Muslim immigration. Couple days before the vote David Cameron was asked several times if he would veto Turkey if it applied for EU membership and he wouldn't say no. If Turkey became a member of the EU that would mean 75 million Turks would be free to setup shop in any country in the EU

Wouldn't that be great???

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...114009090.html
    They've already been promised access to Schengen. Dunno what that means in terms of other EU privileges.

The idea that admitting Turkey to the EU is even up for discussion - while they're shelling and murdering Kurds, inside Turkey, and are sponsors of violent extremist jihadis in Syria and Iraq - is mind blowing. That said, it's like the EU has any kind of principals. They were instigators of the coup in Kiev which has resulted in tens of thousands killed in Donbass and they have conspired to cover up Kiev downing MH17 to protect their puppets. Still, Erdogan is a magnitude beyond even all that. He's an insane psychopath who is blackmailing the EU and they're cool with that. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Boris is a good guy. But yeah, Farage will be out of a job soon... So he might run for parliament. I don't think Boris is the person to watch. It's the rest of the government, the people who lost. They are now desperately looking at ways to reverse the outcome. Having some knowledge of how the EU works, that is the most scary part.
    I don't know much about Boris but just wondered if he could be persuaded out of a Brexit. I know Farage cannot. I'm sure UKIP is on guard over the Remanians already trying to undermine this vote. It will be up to UKIP to keep hammering away until the UK is really out.

I think what me a little unsure about Boris is he said something in his speech about there being no hurry. Since this is a non binding referendum and since you know there are so many who will work to stop it, getting out is a matter of hauling ass. I read that Schauble said he wanted it done fast but he was that way the Greeks, too, and that could be a psychological tactic, at least, partly.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Referring in general to slow economic growth worldwide. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ala...ope-2016-06-24 Growth is slow due several issues including slow increases in technology (meaning slower increases in productivity) and slower population growth.
    When are the people going to rise up and rout these bastard banksters? Only way society will ever be able to move forward.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I edited it slightly and want to use it online - do you know who I should ask if ok?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    relevant:
    I edited it slightly and want to use the graphic online.

Do you know whose it is and who i should ask if my change is ok and if it is then if is ok to share.

I've got to say it is quite something to see the people who ramble on about the 1% turn around to decry the Brexit. I want to smack such clueless morons in the $#@!ing face. EU stifles small businesses and the little guy with suffocating regulations in favor of the corporate power houses and elites. I swear these are people who just started paying attention to the Brexit two days ago and have no clue what they are talking about.

They just hear "xenophobia", "racism", "economic calamity" everywhere and pretend to be the experts themselves. Thank God the people voted 'Leave'. Now hopefully they can make this a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    This "Leave" is gonna happen. Hopefully Angela Merkel knows what needs to be done...

Reconstitute Hitler from ash, some urine, and seance-chanting with a chicken foot?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Paul Craig Roberts

This will all likely come to pass in some form and degree. If the Brits stay the course, they will be punished. Severely. The question then will be whether they will have the sand to see this through to the end. That could be a generation or more because Theye will most definitely not take this sort of affront to their goals laying down.

I, for one, am surprised at the vote. Surprised that the Brits are slightly less retarded and timid than I'd thought, which is good. Even more surprising to me is the apparent absence of vote fixing. Perhaps the mechanisms are not in place there the way they are here in the USA. Perhaps Theye were too confident that the vote would go the other way. All I can say is that I was not expecting this outcome, but am pleased to have been proven wrong on the matter. Very much so, in fact. This is a real middle-finger in the eye of the global despot. And now for the spanking.

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

It wouldn't surprise if the vote was meddled with in hard core remain districts. If they thought it be close, they may have nudged it with ten thousand more "remain" ballots scattered around. I don't think they anticipated such a big number voting to leave, making any rigging fruitless. All speculation, of course, but I find it nearly impossible to believe the pro EU totalitarian thugs would not cheat. I'm pretty sure they arranged the Jo Cox deal, whatever that was (real or theater).

Quote Originally Posted by scrosnoe View Post
    I edited it slightly and want to use the graphic online.

Do you know whose it is and who i should ask if my change is ok and if it is then if is ok to share.
    It was originally posted on the FB group "POLANDBALL" with no credit given to the maker. You're probably cool to share.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic