Thread: These 4 Natural Tricks Improve Blood Circulation

These 4 Natural Tricks Improve Blood Circulation

These may seem silly but they really do work. I started dry brushing and using a nubby massager thingy and see a difference in my skin.

When dry brushing, I was told to brush toward the heart. It doesn't take long. I do it while the shower is warming up in the morning. I use the the other thing in the shower and use a circular motion. I started doing it for vanity reasons. My babies left me with some stretch marks and loose tummy skin (yuck!) and after doing this about a year, the stretch marks are barely noticeable (Mr Animal said they weren't really noticeable to begin with but said there is definitely a difference.) and the loose skin is considerably tightened. I wore a bikini at Easter.

Tips: After the shower while my skin is still damp, I tap in vitamin c serum (esthetician told me to tap serum, not rub it). Then, I let my skin dry (esthetician also told me to let the serum soak in before applying lotion - just passing on info here) while I brush my teeth and use almond oil (Now brand) on my trouble spots. It's a bit expensive to use all over but I read it's suppose to help stretch marks. BTW, I've used expensive serum and cheap serum and don't notice too much of a difference. To get good results, you have to get in the habit of doing it everyday. When I got serious about it, I started seeing a difference in about a month. That's what kept me motivated to keep at it.

Also, if you like your heels like I do, Crocs has some really cute and comfortable shoes. These are my everyday summer shoes and my feet never bother me. The platform with a mini wedge makes it feel like you're not even wearing heels.

As with many processes that are hidden from the eye, you can’t really appreciate the true value of healthy blood circulation until there’s a problem. There are many factors that can negatively affect your circulatory health—sedentary lifestyle, processed foods, smoking, and tight shoes are just a few examples. As a result, the temperature may change in your feet and hands regardless of the temperature, you might feel tired all the time, and your body tends to retain water—which results in swollen legs and puffy eyes. (Without proper circulation, your body becomes a toxic cesspool.)

The following tricks are very easy to do at home, helping boost blood circulation and promoting a healthier blood flow.

Simple tricks to boost blood circulation

1. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Being stylish and fashionable doesn’t mean you have to be uncomfortable. Yes, tight-fitting clothes and high heels may give you that posh red-carpet look, but they are only appropriate for occasions that call for them, rather than for daily wear. Choose clothes that don’t put too much pressure on your waist, legs, and groin area. Your swollen legs and cold feet could, in fact, be caused by movement-restricting pants and improperly fitting shoes. Low heels or flats let you keep good posture and even promote blood circulation by making the muscles in your calves’ work and pump the blood more efficiently.

2. Self-massage.(Yeah, baby) If you feel pain and swelling in a certain part of your body, treat yourself to a self-massage to improve the circulation of blood and lymph. Start by gently rubbing the back of your knees, then work down your legs to your feet. As you squeeze and pull your muscles, you’ll make your blood move through the congested areas, improving the flow. (American doctor finally endorses the European vein secret that can support vein health in men and women.)

3. Spice it up. Have you ever noticed your blood rushing to your face when you eat something really hot? That’s the circulation-boosting power of spices. Add some cayenne pepper, chili pepper, turmeric ( @donnay another turmeric benefit), garlic, ginger, or any other of your favorite spices to your meal to get that blood flowing

4. Make hot and cold compresses. You can go back and forth, alternating between hot and cold water in the shower (bonus point: a contrasting shower has an anti-aging effect on your skin), or you can apply hot compresses for a few seconds and then change to cold compresses. The heat dilates the blood vessels, increasing the blood flow and, as a result, oxygen delivery to the organs and tissues. The cold relieves pain and inflammation.

You don’t need to go out of your way to implement these simple changes—they can be easily worked into your daily life. The key is to remember what you can do to keep your blood vessels happy and in good shape. Don’t wait for the problem to get worse. These tricks can also help you prevent circulatory problems, not to mention they’re fun. Spicy foods, contrasting showers, massages, and comfortable flats—sounds like a great day, doesn’t it?
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/04/...d-circulation/

Edited to add.. it doesn't seem like my @ thing worked. Maybe because it was in quotes? @donnay
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 04-25-2017 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Calling donnay, come in donnay...turmeric alert :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I also noticed I'm not as cold anymore. I used to have cold hands all the time but now they only get cold for a reason. My feet are getting better, too but I haven't noticed the difference as much in them.

I used to say, "Cold hands, warm heart." Maybe my heart's gotten colder and that's the reason my hands are warmer?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    These may seem silly but they really do work. I started dry brushing and using a nubby massager thingy and see a difference in my skin.

When dry brushing, I was told to brush toward the heart. It doesn't take long. I do it while the shower is warming up in the morning. I use the the other thing in the shower and use a circular motion. I started doing it for vanity reasons. My babies left me with some stretch marks and loose tummy skin (yuck!) and after doing this about a year, the stretch marks are barely noticeable (Mr Animal said they weren't really noticeable to begin with but said there is definitely a difference.) and the loose skin is considerably tightened. I wore a bikini at Easter.

Tips: After the shower while my skin is still damp, I tap in vitamin c serum (esthetician told me to tap serum, not rub it). Then, I let my skin dry (esthetician also told me to let the serum soak in before applying lotion - just passing on info here) while I brush my teeth and use almond oil (Now brand) on my trouble spots. It's a bit expensive to use all over but I read it's suppose to help stretch marks. BTW, I've used expensive serum and cheap serum and don't notice too much of a difference. To get good results, you have to get in the habit of doing it everyday. When I got serious about it, I started seeing a difference in about a month. That's what kept me motivated to keep at it.

Also, if you like your heels like I do, Crocs has some really cute and comfortable shoes. These are my everyday summer shoes and my feet never bother me. The platform with a mini wedge makes it feel like you're not even wearing heels.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/04/...d-circulation/

Edited to add.. it doesn't seem like my @ thing worked. Maybe because it was in quotes? @donnay
    Great info, Suz.

Yeah it probably didn't work at first being in the quote box.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Great info, Suz.

Yeah it probably didn't work at first being in the quote box.
    @donnay

Inversion poses (where the head is below the heart) are warming poses. A simple forward fold (bend from the hips) will do it. The hamstring stretch feels really good.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Inversion poses (where the head is below the heart) are warming poses. A simple forward fold (bend from the hips) will do it. The hamstring stretch feels really good.
    That makes me dizzy for some reason. I guess my brain finds all that oxygen shocking, lol.

I got it!

If you do not like Turmeric in cooking, take in capsule form or tincture ( Tinctures have alcohol. )
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

( Tinctures have alcohol. )
    Now you're just showing off.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got it!

If you do not like Turmeric in cooking, take in capsule form or tincture ( Tinctures have alcohol. )
    That explains Chaga guy. I love that video. I've watched it so many times, I should be an expert.
    @ 2:45 - I bet he has a whole pack of sharpies in there.

That explains Chaga guy. I love that video. I've watched it so many times, I should be an expert.
    @ 2:45 - I bet he has a whole pack of sharpies in there.
    That is the best video to make me laugh.

As a side note: I found that when doing Chaga you have to make the tincture with what we call a double extraction. Alcohol ( 6 weeks ) and strain the Chaga and put the Chaga in some purified water ( Twice the amount you used of alcohol ), and allow it to boil down half. Cool down and combine. Chaga has a full array of medicinal constituents ( Super oxide dismutase - SOD fights free radicals ) as a double extracted tincture.