Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Nichols Lynching

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    This is the quintessence of paternalism.

Thank you for sharing this.
    You're welcome. It is exactly that, the quintessence is the perfect description. All liberalism is; it's small wonder those who fight for it and win always wind up slaves themselves (much to their surprise and consternation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Whoopi Goldberg: Do We Need to See White People Also Get Beat Before Anybody Will Do Anything

Whoopi Goldberg: ‘Do We Need to See White People Also Get Beat Before Anybody Will Do Anything?’

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...l-do-anything/

PAM KEY 30 Jan 2023

Whoopi Goldberg asked her co-hosts Monday on ABC’s “The View” if “white people” needed to be beaten by police before there was police reform.

Discussing the death of Tyre Nichols, Goldberg said, “Peaceful protests continued nationwide after Friday’s release of police footage showing officers savagely beating Tyre Nichols in Memphis. So far, five cops have been charged with second-degree murder and kidnapping. I asked this question way too many times at this table, but you know, when will the brutality finally lead to some police reform from the ground up? Because clearly, it doesn’t matter if it’s a white policeman or a black policeman. It is the problem with the policing itself. It seems things don’t make sense to people unless it’s somebody they can feel or they can recognize. Do we need to see white people also get beat before anybody will do anything? I’m not suggesting that. So don’t write us and tell me what a racist I am. I’m just asking, is that what people have to see in order to wake up and realize this affects us all?”

Co-host Hostin said, “I haven’t been able to watch the video because I’ve seen so many. As a mother of a black son who is 6’2″ and 20 years old, my worst nightmare is what is probably on that video.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

We were getting ready to do something.

People were actually starting to sit up and take notice at militarized police and the daily brutality dished out.

And then in Ferguson, you and your $#@! fellow travelers made it all about race, which got everybody back to their corners and easy to control.

If we had a real press in this country and not just Marxist Media Mouthpieces, you'd know who Tony Timpa was.

You'd also know that, per every 100,000 police interactions, whites are 2.2 times more likely than blacks to have deadly or unnecessary force used against them, than blacks.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-30-2023 at 08:13 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/prof...d-koresh-4.jpg

bi t ch please...

#vickweaver has entered the chat...

#KellyThomas has entered the chat...
    Last edited by jkr; 01-30-2023 at 09:09 PM.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

White people are probably going to be beaten now because of what she said. She needs to be held responsible for inciting violence.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Whoopi Goldberg: Do We Need to See White People Also Get Beat Before Anybody Will Do Anything
    I need clarification from Whoopi on this. There are several ways to interpret it:

- Does Whoopi know that white people already get beat and killed by cops, or is she completely ignorant of that fact?

- Does Whoopi mean that beatings of white people should be shown on TV, and should no longer be censored or swept under the rug?

- Does Whoopi want an increase in beatings of white people by cops?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Usually when white people get beat up, other white people will shake their heads at what an idiot the criminal was, and then go about their business.

Making martyrs of thugs is some sort of cultural thing I guess.

(speaking in general here: not saying everyone who gets beat by cops is guilty or deserving of a beat down, nor is it a particularly desirable outcome in any case, nor am I trying to diminish the problem of police brutality, but yeah, not gonna burn down my neighborhood because some meth-head got shot, certainly not going to give them a mural or a golden casket)

And if that wasn't politically incorrect enough:

White people aren't worth as much in lawsuits. *mic drop*

(speaking specifically to the case of Tyre in Memphis, I watched the video(s) and it appears to be a clear-cut case of police brutality, and I should add that even Brandon Tatum managed to give an objective breakdown while discussing the video pointing out where he thinks the officers crossed the line and why they should go to jail, and he is usually VERY defensive of police actions, so yeah . . . there's that; however, if I lived in Memphis I'd try to vote every one of those city 'leaders' out of office and they'd still get re-elected by people who are outraged about this event, so there's that as well, and why I don't live in Memphis, because pretty much everyone there will still feed the hand that bites them come next election)
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-30-2023 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

That's the question to ask. The answers to all the others can be inferred from the answer to this.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I need clarification from Whoopi on this. There are several ways to interpret it:

- Does Whoopi know that white people already get beat and killed by cops, or is she completely ignorant of that fact?

- Does Whoopi mean that beatings of white people should be shown on TV, and should no longer be censored or swept under the rug?

Yes.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She is so racist she misses the whole point. Utterly useless.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Usually when white people get beat up, other white people will shake their heads at what an idiot the criminal was, and then go about their business.

Making martyrs of thugs is some sort of cultural thing I guess.

(speaking in general here: not saying everyone who gets beat by cops is guilty or deserving of a beat down, nor is it a particularly desirable outcome in any case, nor am I trying to diminish the problem of police brutality, but yeah, not gonna burn down my neighborhood because some meth-head got shot, certainly not going to give them a mural or a golden casket)

And if that wasn't politically incorrect enough:

White people aren't worth as much in lawsuits. *mic drop*

(speaking specifically to the case of Tyre in Memphis, I watched the video(s) and it appears to be a clear-cut case of police brutality, and I should add that even Brandon Tatum managed to give an objective breakdown while discussing the video pointing out where he thinks the officers crossed the line and why they should go to jail, and he is usually VERY defensive of police actions, so yeah . . . there's that; however, if I lived in Memphis I'd try to vote every one of those city 'leaders' out of office and they'd still get re-elected by people who are outraged about this event, so there's that as well, and why I don't live in Memphis, because pretty much everyone there will still feed the hand that bites them come next election)
    I think it is worth questioning if people actually vote for the people that win elections. It appears that it is not necessary to have a majority vote for you to win. I could be wrong but it seems that politics have been rigged probably since politics began so the premise that you voted for those people might not be true. Maybe all those democrat cities are just victims of a coup that has been years in the making.

Unfortunately for Whoopi Goldberg what she misses the point.

White innocent people are also getting beaten up by some cops unfortunately the media has no interests on reporting it because they are white or Euporean at least.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    To add to this, it is not the responsibility of the citizen to de-escalate. We have allowed the creation of this entity ("the police") into society. They are charged with the responsibility of "law enforcement". "Law enforcement" must be seen as a potential infringement upon the rights of people, which must then always be considered suspect, and well guarded against. And, again, "law enforcement" should ONLY be civilly allowed to bring suspects before justice, and expressly to not exact "justice" themselves, no matter what they think they saw or know. There is no circumstance in which society should allow cops to exact "justice".
    Part of the problem is that Officers have two roles:
    1) Collect evidence
    2) Arrest

Take away that 2nd role and these problems go away. Police officers should not have arrest powers. At least not any more than ordinary citizens.

An unarmed traffic stop should pretty much never lead to an arrest. This whole idea that people need to be forcefully arrested and carted off to jail every time there's a goddamn misdemeanor has just gotten ridiculously out of hand.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Part of the problem is that Officers have two roles:
    1) Collect evidence
    2) Arrest

Take away that 2nd role and these problems go away. Police officers should not have arrest powers. At least not any more than ordinary citizens.

An unarmed traffic stop should pretty much never lead to an arrest. This whole idea that people need to be forcefully arrested and carted off to jail every time there's a goddamn misdemeanor has just gotten ridiculously out of hand.

Whoopi Goldberg: ‘Do We Need to See White People Also Get Beat Before Anybody Will Do Anything?’
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If we had a real press in this country and not just Marxist Media Mouthpieces, you'd know who Tony Timpa was.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The way I read it was this:

I saw her remarks as pretty right on & not against white people.
    There is no spoon.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We were getting ready to do something.

People were actually starting to sit up and take notice at militarized police and the daily brutality dished out.

And then in Ferguson, you and your $#@! fellow travelers made it all about race, which got everybody back to their corners and easy to control.

You'd also know that, per every 100,000 police interactions, whites are 2.2 times more likely than blacks to have deadly or unnecessary force used against them, than blacks.
    Don't forget Kelly Thomas.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Maybe. And amazingly enough, she is one of the few people that has a platform where she could show those beatings, with a large audience. So she should feature a different white person getting killed by Police every week for the rest of the year, as an experiment to see if it changes anything.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Given her history, I would say that is an extraordinarily generous interpretation. Based on the history of her comments, I think it's more than fair to assume that she really believes that cops don't beat white people as they do black people and specifically Tyre Nichols.

I'm sure that if she's "asked to clarify" (i.e., given a chance to retract her sh!tty comment), she'd say that she meant that we need to see more video of cops beating white people (especially after the View's producers show her the actual statistics), but I would suspect that in her muddled, unsophisticated, clumsily racist mind, she really doesn't think that white people get beat by cops the way that black people do.

You're a nice person and you tend to ascribe to people the best of intentions. But if you actually listen to people, they'll tell you who they are. Listen to them.
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 02-01-2023 at 03:49 PM.

I read it in just the opposite manner: "you privileged crackers are not going to do a damn thing until it's you being beat by cops."

But before she shot her mouth off, she should have known that white people get beat and shot by cops, at a greater rate than blacks.

But facts are not what shows like The View are after.

It's just a muck-raking echo chamber and propaganda organ aimed at and for, mostly white, leftist women.

But then again, on the other hand, I'm jaded, cynical and angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Don't forget Kelly Thomas.
    Never heard of him...

Never heard of him...

...and a litany of others...

But as we all well know, this question is not regarding race (although @osan made a particularly compelling argument in another thread)... in my opinion, the broader issue here is power dynamics, and poor training of police (and that there shouldn't be police at all. But I digress on that point).

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Were you a self-hating white man whose core impetus to that strongest of emotions was based on your whiteness, then by all means yes.
    I missed this post.

Since we are speaking frankly, shall I mention the subset of humanity that has made self loathing an international trademark and have seemed to have taught all of Western Civilization the trick, or is that verboten?

I would add that the left embarked upon a mad, rampaging campaign to sow self-hatred in the American black man. A fine example of this is one black calling another "n i g g g e r". I grew up in some $#@! 'hoods, at least one of them predominantly black. Back in the mid-60s if a kneegrow called another kneegrow "n i g g g e r", there was soon to ensue an energetic fight. Then all of a sudden, everyone is doing it with impunity, black on black.

Now, when I was in teacher training in NYC, we had to take all manner of psychology classes, two full year's worth. In at least one of them, the phenomenon of braak people calling each other by the dreaded "n-word" was justified and even lauded as black people "reclaiming" the term for themselves. A bigger load of utter bull$#@! would be difficult to imagine. The use of that moniker only helped to further foment the brands of self-hatred that is now standard equipment in the black "community". Another was, and remains, the notion that lighter skin is indicative of "better". I saw many examples of this in my two years teaching in ghetto schools in NYC. The most notable was near the end of my first year, perhaps May 84. Two braak girls got into a verbal tete-a-tete, one being notably lighter skinned than the other. At one point the darker girl made the fatal error of telling her more lightly complected opponent, "I'm better looking than you", to which the café-au-lait participant immediately retorted with "I'm better looking than your black, burned-up ass." It was over right there and then, the darker girl having been shut down, the classroom full of students going, "OOOOoooooo..." because every single person in that room had long ago bought into the lie so utterly and tacitly that it was tantamount to a gravity question, which is to say that it was no question at all. They all "knew" the lighter girl spoke an irrefutable truth and had publicly disemboweled her rival. I remember how badly I felt for the defeated party.
    As we noted in the other thread regarding Freehold, I'm sure you are well aware of Asbury Park and what went on there. I spent two years of my festering youth in an urban prison/education camp known as Asbury Park HS this was 1978 and 1979, the rubble was still smoldering from massive riots that burned down half the town in 1972 IIRC. I won't bore with "glory days" stories, because they were not, much more like "A Boy Named Sue" than anything else...I grew up quick and I grew up mean.

But I just had to comment on the "correctness" of that comment.

To this day I recall a particular insult in the same vein, that was heaped on the darker colored coloreds by lighter skinned ones: "Your ugly ass, monkey looking, mug" or variants.

But "niggger" was not thrown about much at all. Certainly not black on black that I recall, it was usually used by whites deliberately looking to provoke an unhinged and out of control response to start a fight or riot.

So this self-hate thing is very real among black people, and a certain subpopulation of whites (lefties). To dismiss it is tantamount to the dismissal of gravity on earth: it is self-evidently false, and underestimating its effect is similarly foolhardy. I've observed this very carefully for several decades and stand satisfied that it is not only real and deeply deleterious, but that it was artificially introduced by interests that do not coincide with a healthy and right-sized sense of self in the average man.
    See my first comment.

There was a song called Jigaboos and Wannabes in the 1988 Spike Lee film School Daze. But you'd never know it from reading Wikipedia or looking on GoogToob. Not even Spike Lee is immune from the Memory Hole.

Last edited by acptulsa; 02-01-2023 at 06:43 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Seems like Al is spouting "hate speech."

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Seems like Al is spouting "hate speech."
    That's what they called it when Bill Cosby did it. How long before a dozen women suddenly remember that he drugged them and raped them forty years ago?

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast