Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top ten most manly movies ever.

Manly movies are those chicks don't watch.
    So anything by Monty Python.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorcerer (1977)

Theme music by Tangerine Dream

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Manly movies are those chicks don't watch.
    So anything by Monty Python.
    Manly

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Since were on the manly topic, Here's how to be a badass in two steps:

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Hard Target.
    That's it! ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    C'mon they forgot: Braveheart. The Patriot. Edge of Darkness. Apocalypto. Crocodile Dundee. Top Gun. Cobra. 48 Hours. JAWS.
    So basically 50% of what he missed was Mel.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So basically 50% of what he missed was Mel.
    You're damn skippy he did!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

It is a shame the OP apparently stopped watching movies a few decades ago. Not much tops Braveheart, freedom is manly and I can't think of a better freedom/manhood film. But my heart is with the old movies really.

I would add It's a Wonderful Life to the list. Not many movies make me cry but that one does for all the right reasons. Most people might disagree but it does such a good job of showing the kind of crap that goes on in this world and how a man sometimes has to give up his dreams to provide in a world that doesn't seem to give a damn about him sometimes. Perfect mix of grief, reality, faith and optimism. The more recent generations think we know it all and those old folks were just sappy, but they went through WWII and the Depression and realized that just because life is $#@!ty sometimes doesn't mean you have to glorify pain like Hollywood does now. We don't see much humanity on screen anymore.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-10-2017 at 08:44 PM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Speaking of manly Bronson movies:

Death Wish.
    Hard Times, which made the list is one of my all time favorites.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'll add one to the list....

Jeremiah Johnson

and in the same vein...

The Revenant

@shakey1 beat me to Jeremiah Johnson while I was looking for a The Revenant gif.
    Oh hell yes, both of these but especially Jeremiah Johnson.

Based on a true story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looking forward to Dunkirk.

It is a shame the OP apparently stopped watching movies a few decades ago. Not much tops Braveheart, freedom is manly and I can't think of a better freedom/manhood film. But my heart is with the old movies really.

I would add It's a Wonderful Life to the list. Not many movies make me cry but that one does for all the right reasons. Most people might disagree but it does such a good job of showing the kind of crap that goes on in this world and how a man sometimes has to give up his dreams to provide in a world that doesn't seem to give a damn about him sometimes. Perfect mix of grief, reality, faith and optimism. The more recent generations think we know it all and those old folks were just sappy, but they went through WWII and the Depression and realized that just because life is $#@!ty sometimes doesn't mean you have to glorify pain like Hollywood does now. We don't see much humanity on screen anymore.
    It's a wonderful life is my favorite Christmas movie!

I spend most of my time watching nothing but the old movies because men were virile, chivalrous and macho--that's sexy now --Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Robert Mitchum, John Wayne, Gary Cooper, Jimmy Stewart, Dean Martin, Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Rex Harrison, Kurt Douglas, Rod Taylor, Tony Curtis, Robert Redford, Gregory Peck... Most of the male actors today couldn't hold a candle to any of those leading men.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's a wonderful life is my favorite Christmas movie!

I spend most of my time watching nothing but the old movies because men were virile, chivalrous and macho--that's sexy now --Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Robert Mitchum, John Wayne, Gary Cooper, Jimmy Stewart, Dean Martin, Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Rex Harrison, Kurt Douglas, Rod Taylor, Tony Curtis, Robert Redford, Gregory Peck... Most of the male actors today couldn't hold a candle to any of those leading men.
    Yep! Same with the actresses being real healthy feminine ladies. Not many girls left in Hollywood like Olivia De Havilland, Grace Kelly, Donna Reed etc etc.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yep! Same with the actresses being real healthy feminine ladies. Not many girls left in Hollywood like Olivia De Havilland, Grace Kelly, Donna Reed etc etc.
    Not many? Are there any?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Not many? Are there any?
    When I don't have all the info I go with optimism.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Tough Guys starring Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-10-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Jennifer Lawrence is the closest to a real woman I can think of in movies these days.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I was under the impression that Top Gun was totally h0m0-erotic and that it was propaganda from the Navy trying to prove that they were gay-er than the Air Force.

Pretty tall task, but the Air Force wins in the gay department.

Jaws was damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Yeah but The Road Warrior utterly destroys any of that other Hollywood buddy flick crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    MAD MAX
    The Road Warrior is playing on heavy rotation right now on cable. Hadn't seen it in years. With today's culture and hindsight, it's h0m0-eroticism is far more blatant than one might remember.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Falling Down

Last of The Mohicans is pretty good . They should make a movie of The Battle of The Wabash , I could try and get Danke a part .
    Do something Danke

LOL- love Python!

That said- THIS is a real manly movie- beautiful in every aspect.

There is no spoon.

If series could be included I would nominate Son's of Anarchy.
    Last edited by Schifference; 07-11-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Jennifer Lawrence is the closest to a real woman I can think of in movies these days.
    Diane Lane and Helen Mirren. Helen Mirren is timeless.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Mind if I asked, but what qualities are you looking at when considering who will be on your list of real women? physical, behavioral, fashion sense etc and which of those qualities is at the top of your list? thanks in advance

I can't stand monty python. If hell is real, I imagine it as a nonstop screen of monty python films.

On the other hand, my favorite movie ever and plenty manly:

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Road Warrior is playing on heavy rotation right now on cable. Hadn't seen it in years. With today's culture and hindsight, it's h0m0-eroticism is far more blatant than one might remember.
    No, I didn't forget the ****-eroticism. But it shouldn't go unnoticed that it's all associated with the bad guys.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Braveheart. Really surprised at AF for not mentioning it.

The Godfather

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast