Thread: Anybody have a Chilipad?

Anybody have a Chilipad?

You put it on top of your mattress and it's supposed to circulate cool water under you (or warm water) to help keep you comfortable at night.

I got a cool gel memory foam mattress recently that is really comfortable, but it can still get pretty hot sometimes compared to a regular mattress. But even regular mattresses get really hot when it gets hot, and my room is in the sun during the day so it is about to heat up a little and A/C is very uncommon around here.

I've looked at these Chilipads a couple times, but I thought they were just too expensive.. but for Memorial Day weekend they are doing a 25% off sale if you put in the code freedom25 when you checkout. At 25% off I thought it was a pretty good deal, so I pulled the trigger.

https://www.chilitechnology.com/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are they noisy?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Are they noisy?
    I hope not
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Apparently it is about as noisy as a floor fan or desktop computer when operating, that seems ok

https://help.chilitechnology.com/hc/...-the-ChiliPad-

It is OK to make fun of @dannno

It is OK to make fun of @dannno
    As long as it is also OK to make fun of @timosman.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    As long as it is also OK to make fun of @timosman.
    Maybe we should wait until I do something equally brilliant.

For that much moohla, I'd probably just get a full-fledged water bed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    For that much moohla, I'd probably just get a full-fledged water bed.
    I had one in the 80s. Meh.

Have you seen Everybody Wants Some?

Mr A loved his waterbed. He'd probably like that chilipad but he ain't gettin one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Sounds gay, not that anything is wrong with that.

Or Californian. Same thing I guess.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Maybe we should wait until I do something equally brilliant.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I had one in the 80s. Meh.

Have you seen Everybody Wants Some?

I pray nightly for dannno.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You put it on top of your mattress and it's supposed to circulate cool water under you (or warm water) to help keep you comfortable at night.

I got a cool gel memory foam mattress recently that is really comfortable, but it can still get pretty hot sometimes compared to a regular mattress. But even regular mattresses get really hot when it gets hot, and my room is in the sun during the day so it is about to heat up a little and A/C is very uncommon around here.

I've looked at these Chilipads a couple times, but I thought they were just too expensive.. but for Memorial Day weekend they are doing a 25% off sale if you put in the code freedom25 when you checkout. At 25% off I thought it was a pretty good deal, so I pulled the trigger.

https://www.chilitechnology.com/
    I have a dual control heated mattress cover for winter time and in summer I use the ceiling fan . Luxuries for my old age .
    Do something Danke