View Poll Results: Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 83.72%
  • No

3 6.98%
  • No and SCOTUS nominations will delay past mid-terms

4 9.30%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Kavanaugh Be Confirmed? Poll

Will Kavanaugh Be Confirmed? Poll

You can also state your reason why.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes. I didn't think he would be at first. I had a theory.
    But my theory proved wrong and I think he will definitely be confirmed.

By 10:00 a.m today, we will see how it goes in the Senate!

After an emotional day of testimony on Capitol Hill, a late Thursday report from Townhall citing a Senate insider reveals that Brett Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and will be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks. -Townhall

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-votes-secured
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

There will be riots in the streets.

I wonder how Ginsburg is feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Maybe we should all take bets when she retires, its possible she would retire after the next session if the GOP wins the midterms.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

If he is, it will really rile up the left. We will be hearing for years, decades even, about how there's a privileged straight white male rapist on the Supreme Court. This will never end.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Yes he will be confirmed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kavanaugh will be confirmed and there will be a red tsunami in November. The democrats cannot contain their quest to regain power and will basically use every dirty trick they can to try to achieve it--the problem for them is they are waking up a lot of people in the process.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Yes, and well before election day.

This has been about scoring political points (mission accomplished), not changing the outcome.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-28-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Maybe we should all take bets when she retires, its possible she would retire after the next session if the GOP wins the midterms.
    She will not go willingly until 2021, she is trying to wait for Trump to be out of office.

But she could die anytime.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Yes he will be confirmed.
    I voted "NO" but I did this before Jeff Flake cut his deal,
    and made it easier for the moderate Republicans to go
    along with Mitch McConnell. Trump has called the FBI in
    for one full week. I believe the vote is Friday. Either way.

Axios is reporting that Democratic operatives are already scheming to impeach Kavanaugh as quickly as they can. Indeed, as the Nov. 6 midterm vote draws closer, Republicans expect the impeachment of both Trump and Kavanaugh to be "an animating issue."
    Here's more from Axios, which cited several unnamed Democratic and Republican operatives in its report:

• A well-known Democratic strategist says the "only question is who calls for it first."
    • And top Republicans expect President Trump to begin making an even bigger issue of his own possible impeachment as a way of whipping up supporters in the final month of this fall's midterm campaigns.
    • A veteran Republican close to Senate leaders and the White House: "Impeachment of Trump and Kav will be an animating issue on both sides."

At the very least, expect Democrats to "question the legitimacy" of his seat.

Meanwhile, former Hillary Clinton Press Secretary Brian Fallon offered a more complete look at how Democrats could push for impeachment in a Thursday night tweet, where he declared that, should Kavanaugh be confirmed (an outcome that is looking increasingly likely) he would "not serve for life."
    If Senate GOP ignores Dr. Blasey Ford and tries to muscle an attempted rapist onto the Supreme Court:
    1. They will pay dearly this November.
    2. Senators up in 2020 (Collins, Gardner et al) will feel intense heat for next two years.
    3. Kavanaugh will not serve for life.
    — Brian Fallon (@brianefallon) September 27, 2018
    During an interview with France 24, Yale Law Professor Bruce Ackerman illustrates a scenario where Kavanaugh could be impeached - not because of the sexual assault controversy, but because he's suspected of lying about stolen memo used to push through Bush-era nominees. It's also possible that he lied about his role in devising the Bush administration torture memos/
    "Let us suppose we learn that there are documents which indicate quite unequivocally that Mr. Kavanaugh was involved with the construction of the torture memos. What will happen is he will be impeached for misrepresenting his position in his testimony both this time and when he was first confirm [to his appeals court judgeship for the Washington DC circuit]."
    Earlier this month, former deputy attorney general Lisa Graves argued that Kavanaugh received memos stolen from Democrats on the Senate Judiciary committee during the Bush era and used them to help push through the administration's nominees. Then he allegedly lied about it under oath.
    Here's Graves (per Slate):
    Newly released emails show that while he was working to move through President George W. Bush’s judicial nominees in the early 2000s, Kavanaugh received confidential memos, letters, and talking points of Democratic staffers stolen by GOP Senate aide Manuel Miranda. That includes research and talking points Miranda stole from the Senate server after I had written them for the Senate Judiciary Committee as the chief counsel for nominations for the minority.
    Receiving those memos and letters alone is not an impeachable offense.
    No, Kavanaugh should be removed because he was repeatedly asked under oath as part of his 2004 and 2006 confirmation hearings for his position on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit about whether he had received such information from Miranda, and each time he falsely denied it.
    But assuming Democrats amass enough votes in the House and the Senate to push through an impeachment vote, how exactly would this play out?
    Unsurprisingly, Vox has published a handy explainer:
    Impeachment and removal of a federal judge, including a Supreme Court justice, requires meeting a high political bar. Just as with presidents, a majority of the House must approve an indictment to impeach, and a two-thirds supermajority of the US Senate must convict for the judge or justice to lose their office.
    There is considerable precedent for impeaching and removing lower-level federal judges. For Supreme Court justices, the number of precedents is much smaller: There is one case in which a Supreme Court justice was impeached but not removed, and no other examples.
    [...]
    As a 2010 report by Elizabeth Bazan for the Congressional Research Service explains, Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution provides for the removal of “the President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States … on Impeachment for and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
    The term “civil officers” is not defined in the Constitution, and Bazan notes that with one exception (US Sen. William Blount, one of the first two elected from Tennessee in 1796) every person impeached so far has been an executive or judicial branch official. The Senate ultimately decided that Blount was not a “civil officer” and acquitted him on that basis.
    By contrast, Bazan writes, “the precedents show that federal judges have been considered to fall within the sweep of the ‘Civil Officer’ language.” The House has, in the course of federal history, impeached 13 judges, and the Senate has convicted and removed eight. Of those convicted, seven were district judges. The other was Robert Archbald, who served on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the now-defunct United States Commerce Court until his 1913 removal.
    Thomas Porteous, a federal judge who was impeached in 2009, was facing criminal charges at the time of his impeachment, as were the other four judges who comprise the five most recent impeachment cases in the federal judiciary.
    But as Vox also points out, these situations differ markedly from Kavanaugh's situation (and Thomas's as well):
    If one takes the five impeachment cases in recent decades as a model, Kavanaugh’s conduct (and Thomas’s) does not appear similar. While Kent’s case involved sexual misconduct, he had also already been criminally convicted, whereas Maryland prosecutors show little interest in pursuing charges against Kavanaugh in the Ford case. There is little indication that federal prosecutors believe he committed perjury in his statements about the judicial memos.
    More importantly, both Kavanaugh and Thomas have numerous supporters in the Senate and the House. At the time of their impeachment, these other judges didn't.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...hs-impeachment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Swordsmyth

Bruce Ackerman talks about
    "the torture memos" and if
    you add this to his advising
    the "W" then one does not
    have to read the censored
    documents to realize he is
    not a civil libertarian at all.

Aratus

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Swordsmyth

Bruce Ackerman talks about
    "the torture memos" and if
    you add this to his advising
    the "W" then one does not
    have to read the censored
    documents to realize he is
    not a civil libertarian at all.

Aratus
    Have I ever said he was one?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    She will not go willingly until 2021, she is trying to wait for Trump to be out of office.

But she could die anytime.
    maybe, by the will of Allah her heart will stop.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have I ever said he was one?
    to be very fair...
    we both are under NO
    illusion. He is liked
    by the SHRUB...

SENATOR JEFF FLAKE has gotten death threats
    from the people upset over the short week delay.

After an emotional day of testimony on Capitol Hill, a late Thursday report from Townhall citing a Senate insider reveals that Brett Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and will be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court.
    Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks. -Townhall

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-votes-secured
    On the one hand, if this makes the left red in the face with rage, I am happy, happy, happy.

On the other, Brett sucks a the BIG tuna as a judge. He helped author PATRIOT, after all. That's all I need to know.

Still, it's perhaps marginally better than anything Bammy would have put in place.

Ginsburg needs to drop like the fly that it is - apologies to the flies of the world, including all the Tsetses.

I hear Kagan is a Type I diabetic, so perhaps she will go the way of the dodo as well.

As you can plainly see, I am now beyond all kind sentiment toward scoundrels who would see me in shackles. I say let them all go in the ground regardless of the pollution they would cause there.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Kavanaugh will be confirmed and there will be a red tsunami in November. The democrats cannot contain their quest to regain power and will basically use every dirty trick they can to try to achieve it--the problem for them is they are waking up a lot of people in the process.

Agreed.

It's the independents, the fence-sitters, that should concern us. I am thinking that they are trending right because of the feckless performance of the Democrats these past few months, revealing to the world their truer selves. What idiots.

I'd love to see them leave the USA by the tens of millions. Nothing would please me more... except perhaps the televised executions of several thousands of lefties, starting with Obama and Clinton, working our way downward through the Holders, Rices, Lynches, and so forth. While we're at it, toss in the corrupts on the right as well.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You're SUCH a tease.

With any luck the stress will cause her to burst an artery.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    If he is, it will really rile up the left. We will be hearing for years, decades even, about how there's a privileged straight white male rapist on the Supreme Court. This will never end.
    Well, we can still laugh at them.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    On the one hand, if this makes the left red in the face with rage, I am happy, happy, happy.

On the other, Brett sucks a the BIG tuna as a judge. He helped author PATRIOT, after all. That's all I need to know.

Still, it's perhaps marginally better than anything Bammy would have put in place.

Ginsburg needs to drop like the fly that it is - apologies to the flies of the world, including all the Tsetses.

I hear Kagan is a Type I diabetic, so perhaps she will go the way of the dodo as well.

As you can plainly see, I am now beyond all kind sentiment toward scoundrels who would see me in shackles. I say let them all go in the ground regardless of the pollution they would cause there.
    Sotomayor is the diabetic

This is when every serving Supreme Court Justice could retire

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes?

OK, my bad. I otherwise stand by my post.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Cool

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/stat...94914495369218

Yes?

OK, my bad. I otherwise stand by my post.
    No problem, I just wanted to let you know, I agree with you and I think Trump might get more SCOTUS picks, Breyer is old enough to die or retire in the next few years and Thomas should retire near the end of Trump's second term to ensure his replacement isn't chosen by someone worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No problem, I just wanted to let you know, I agree with you and I think Trump might get more SCOTUS picks, Breyer is old enough to die or retire in the next few years and Thomas should retire near the end of Trump's second term to ensure his replacement isn't chosen by someone worse.

Imagine it...

Sotomayor can no longer cut it, or simply drops dead after an arm falls off during lesbosex or whatever.

Ginsburg bursts and artery and flies first-class into the thirteenth circle of hell, constructed by Satan just for her.

Breyer calls it quits and Thomas sees his chance to best ensure that at least his spot is filled with an actual human being.

I'd love to see Trump place five justices, if for no other reason than to watch the lefties in full-retard apoplexy überSpazzOut mode.

The sad bit, of course, is that I live in WV where nobody misbehaves in the antifa vein. I'd say I'm envious of the real $#@! holes such as OR and CA, but the good people there have little option to defend themselves from the predations of the Sissy Squad.

Imagine it...

Sotomayor can no longer cut it, or simply drops dead after an arm falls off during lesbosex or whatever.

Ginsburg bursts and artery and flies first-class into the thirteenth circle of hell, constructed by Satan just for her.

Breyer calls it quits and Thomas sees his chance to best ensure that at least his spot is filled with an actual human being.

I'd love to see Trump place five justices, if for no other reason than to watch the lefties in full-retard apoplexy überSpazzOut mode.

The sad bit, of course, is that I live in WV where nobody misbehaves in the antifa vein. I'd say I'm envious of the real $#@! holes such as OR and CA, but the good people there have little option to defend themselves from the predations of the Sissy Squad.
    Trump's own personal SCOTUS majority.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sen. Tom Cotton says Christine Blasey Ford has been "victimized by Democrats"

Sen. Amy Klobuchar: Kavanaugh's history of "excessive drinking" relevant to FBI investigation

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast