Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More kids die playing football than from mass school shootings

Exclamation More kids die playing football than from mass school shootings

H/T to @phill4paul for posting the press release from Dick's

From a recent press release from Dick's Sporting Goods announcing their intent to ban/restrict many gun sales:

...if even one life is saved, it will be worth it. We deeply believe that this country's greatest gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe."
    More kids have been killed playing football than have been killed in school mass shooting events.

I anxiously await the announcement from Dick's sporting Goods that all sales of helmets, pads, guards and footballs has been ceased.

Schools safer than in the 90s

We had no idea this many kids died playing high school football
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent point.

13 fatalities from football injuries in 2017 (https://nccsir.unc.edu/files/2013/10...ties-FINAL.pdf)

15 school shooting fatalities in 2017. Of these 6 would have died in what would be considered a "mass shooting"
    (4 or more) scenario. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d_States#2010s)

But ... but ... but ... not supporting FOOTBALL would be downright UNAmeriKan. Guns? Phhhhttt.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Are you suggesting we should deprive boys of the grand honor of heroically offering up their lives to the Great Hand Egg God?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Excellent point.

13 fatalities from football injuries in 2017 (https://nccsir.unc.edu/files/2013/10...ties-FINAL.pdf)

15 school shooting fatalities in 2017. Of these 6 would have died in what would be considered a "mass shooting"
    (4 or more) scenario. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d_States#2010s)
    Bingo.

And the long term trends are way way down from the high point in the 90s.

There are around 55 million school children in the United States, and on average over the past 25 years, about 10 students per year were killed by gunfire at school, according to Fox and Fridel’s research.
    https://news.northeastern.edu/2018/0...searcher-says/

And no, while I'm no big fan of HandEgg myself, my point is not calling to ban football, which is already happening.

My point is this: LIFE HAS RISKS!

You cannot eliminate every risk in life, not without a unacceptable loss in freedom, in fun, in advancement and in the business world, profitability

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And no, while I'm no big fan of HandEgg myself, my point is not calling to ban football, which is already happening.

You cannot eliminate every risk in life, not without a unacceptable loss in freedom, in fun, in advancement and in the business world, profitability
    That and point out the hypocrisy of a Sporting Goods store (Dicks) that is eliminating it's sale of semi-automatic guns and calling for legislation to restrict ownership to above age 21. All the while claiming their decision is "for the children."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That and point out the hypocrisy of a Sporting Goods store (Dicks) that is eliminating it's sale of semi-automatic guns and calling for legislation to restrict ownership to above age 21. All the while claiming their decision is "for the children."
    The only reason they want the legislation passed, is so that their competitors can't go elsewhere. They can't just stand on their claimed principles and simply stop selling them.

Yes, and of course, that too.

Me?

I don't shop at sporting goods "Wal Marxes", especially for guns.

Kittery Trading Post: where they still trade furs for guns.

Yes, and of course, that too.

Me?

I don't shop at sporting goods "Wal Marxes", especially for guns.

Kittery Trading Post: where they still trade furs for guns.

Ya I live in CA, in an extremely safe low crime area and right now I am a half block from a perfectly good gun store. Irony, I know.. I feel bad for people who don't live in CA, and whose only viable option is a WalMarx..

Livability 77 ---Amenities B+ ---Cost of Living F ---Crime A ---Education B ---Employment A ---Housing A+ ---Weather A+

Last edited by dannno; 02-28-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I live in CA, in an extremely safe low crime area and right now I am a half block from a perfectly good gun store. Irony, I know.. I feel bad for people who don't live in CA, and whose only viable option is a WalMarx..
    And where is this mythical place where a person can only get a gun at Dick's and Wal-Mart? Can you name it

GUNZ!!!1!

Its alright when schools kill. That's just tragedy, for love of the game, the pride of finger-$#@!ing cheerleaders.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 02-28-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And where is this mythical place where a person can only get a gun at Dick's and Wal-Mart? Can you name it
    Deming, NM?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Deming, NM?
    https://www.yellowpages.com/deming-nm/gun-shop

Furthermore, Dick's is one place you can't get a gun in Deming.

http://stores.dickssportinggoods.com/nm/

So you're one of those, "Like, I can totally prove California is the greatest place on earth because I, like, have never been anywhere else"?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-28-2018 at 11:48 AM.

I'm glad I'll never need to say Dick's again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hmm ya those didn't come up on the google maps search, and yellowpages seems to require that you search in a certain city as opposed to a larger area. I found that in like less than 2 minutes of searching google maps tho.

But ya I thought Walmarx was shutting down all the local mom n pop shops, I figure somewhere in the country there has to be a WalMarx without a gun store nearby, I suppose you disagree and think that does not occur anywhere in the country. Oh well.

And they both kill more people than terrorism and Mexicans.

People are not afraid of things because they are dangerous. They are afraid because they are told that they should be afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Oops

Wherever this guy lives?

There are no gun stores in my area and the only place to buy ammo is walmart so unless someone has something good to say about walmart I will most likely be ordering online.

https://www.firearmstalk.com/threads...d-where.10891/

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    And they both kill more people than ... Mexicans.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/ameri...017/index.html

Lol ya I missed that comment earlier and noticed it just now..

Murder Rate for Hispanics Is [MORE THAN] Twice the Murder Rate for Whites

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-...b_5309973.html

New research shows the murder rate for Hispanics is more than double the murder rate for whites.

The study also found that homicide is the second-leading cause of death for Hispanics ages 15 to 24.

Jan2017

bump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

another lame bump

bump-stock
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Yeah, Mexico's murder-free.

They don't care about kids, they care about their agenda.

500,000 kids starved to death in Iraq, Madeline Albright accepted. Where was Dick's Sporting Goods then?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Exactly. The world was a much better place when there were no idiot helicopter parents and busybody do-gooder safety nazis trying to bubble wrap it into submission.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast