Thread: Rep Gaetz introduces bill to abolish the ATF

Thumbs up Rep Gaetz introduces bill to abolish the ATF

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i mean, common man!
    a gubbermint "agency" whose sole purpose is violating the bill of rights?

whats not to like about that?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Won't happen. He knows it of course.
    Nice publicity stunt, see you at the next one.
    No need to applaud. Just the GOP trying to become relevant again.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Won't happen. He knows it of course.
    Nice publicity stunt, see you at the next one.
    No need to applaud. Just the GOP trying to become relevant again.
    Publicity stunt or not, every time something like this is said, it is brought ever so miniscule closer to reality.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Why didn't he do this back in 2017-2018 when the GOP had the House and Senate?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Here is the thing... given how much McCarthy has to cater to the conservative wing of his party, it's quite possible this bill gets a hearing and maybe even a vote now. It won't pass but it will scare the crap out of some liberal Republicans.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Good to see that they are atleast introducing these ideals into the mainstream.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Rep. Matt Gaetz Moves to Abolish the ATF

Matt Gaetz Moves to Abolish the ATF

The New American
    January 19, 2023

To Representative Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), the move last Friday by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to require citizens owning pistol braces to register them with the government was the “final straw.” On Tuesday, he rolled out a bill to abolish the rogue agency altogether.

The bill is one page long: “A Bill to abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.… The [agency] is hereby abolished.”

Would that this would be so simple!

In June 2021, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene proposed the same thing but gave the agency six months to move its responsibilities to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). Her bill included:

Full Article:
    https://thenewamerican.com/rep-matt-...olish-the-atf/

Related:

Final ATF Rule Turns Pistols Into Rifles to Be Regulated Under National Firearms Act
    Last edited by WisconsinLiberty; 01-19-2023 at 01:17 PM.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    Matt Gaetz Moves to Abolish the ATF

To Representative Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), the move last Friday by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to require citizens owning pistol braces to register them with the government was the “final straw.” On Tuesday, he rolled out a bill to abolish the rogue agency altogether.

The bill is one page long: “A Bill to abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.… The [agency] is hereby abolished.”

Would that this would be so simple!
    I'll say. I think it is that simple. Why make it complicated? Raise your hand if you'll help them find a job. What else is left to consider?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 26, 2023

Reps. Gaetz and Greene Hold ATF Accountability Field Hearing, Issue Letter to Defund the Director of ATF

Washington, D.C. — Today, Congressman Matt Gaetz (FL-01), joined by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA-14), led a Congressional Accountability Field Hearing on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) in Shalimar, Florida.

Rep. Gaetz and Rep. Greene conducted the hearing to highlight ATF’s weaponization and heightened targeting of Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL). During the Field Hearing, Rep. Gaetz announced a letter the members sent to House Appropriations Chair Kay Granger (TX-12), promising to use the Holman Rule to defund the Office of the Director of the ATF in the next available appropriations period.

Video of the ATF Accountability Hearing can be found HERE. Additionally, the letter can be found HERE and exclusive coverage of the letter by The Daily Caller can be found HERE.

LETTER:

Dear Chairwoman Granger,

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has been weaponized against the American people by a radical, anti-Second Amendment Biden Administration. The leadership at the ATF has proven unable or unwilling to see that the ATF respect the rule of law and not act where congress has not legislated. Instead, the ATF abuses its rule making authority, legislating through the executive and making a mockery of the separation of powers mandated by the Constitution.

The ATF has even made it a matter of official policy to shut down gun stores by making perfection the standard in record keeping – a standard the ATF itself could not meet. Since the Biden Administration has announced its new “zero tolerance” policy in 2021, Federal Firearms Licensees have faced the highest revocation rate in 16 years. This policy has effectively become the death penalty for even the most innocent of clerical errors.

The ATF has shown itself incapable of operating within the confines of its statutory authority, and we must force a change. Hence, I write to inform you that I intend to use the Holman Rule to defund the Office of the Director of the ATF in the next available appropriations period.

Sincerely,

Matt Gaetz
    Member of Congress

Marjorie Taylor Greene
    Member of Congress

I wish we could get the rest of Congress to talk like this:

"I don’t care if it takes every second of our time and every ounce of our energy," he said. "We either get this government back on our side or we defund and get rid of, abolish the FBI, the CDC, ATF, DOJ, every last one of them if they do not come to heel.”
    Quote comes from here: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...c/11391112002/

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    I wish we could get the rest of Congress to talk like this:
    Agreed. Just think, if the people felt that same way, we could actually get somewhere.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It won't pass but it will scare the crap out of some liberal Republicans.
    If he scares all the crap out of liberal Republicans, there won't be anything left. Their suits will just sort of fall to the floor.