Thread: Texas to Enact at Least 9 Pro-Gun Laws in Wake of El Paso's Mass Shooting

Texas to Enact at Least 9 Pro-Gun Laws in Wake of El Paso's Mass Shooting

The laws were approved earlier this year, during the 86th Texas Legislature, and should go into effect on Sept. 1, 2019.
    One of the laws, HB 1387, gets rid of a limit on the number of schoolteachers and staff that can carry guns on public school campuses. These designated staff are known as school marshals.
    Supporters of the proposal said it would allow smaller school districts to participate in the school’s state marshal program, The Texas Tribune reported, explaining that originally schools could only designate one marshal per 200 students or per building. The law would would give schools the ability to decide how many marshals they want.

Another one of the Texas measures, HB 1143, prevents school districts from making rules about how a licensed person’s handgun, firearm or ammunition is stored in their vehicle in a school parking area.
    A third regulation, HB 2363, allows foster parents to store firearms and ammunition in the same locked location.
    A fourth law, HB 302, bans residential lease agreements from restricting the ability of residents or guests to own guns. The NRA said in a statement that this would “protect tenants’ rights” to possess firearms and ammunition and transport them “directly between” their “personal vehicles and these locations.”
    A fifth measure, SB 535, makes it easier to carry guns in “churches, synagogues, or other places of worship” by striking them from a list of prohibited locations in the penal code where firearms are banned.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/texas-enact-l...214917360.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    should go into effect on Sept. 1, 2019.
    I have it marked in my calendar, to keep an eye out for blood in the streets.

Be safe out there, fellow Texans @tfurrh
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-07-2019 at 02:17 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I have it marked in my calendar, to keep an eye out for blood in the streets.

Be safe out there, fellow Texans @tfurrh
    9/1 2019 never forget
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

meanwhile in ohio…

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Least its not anti-gun laws.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The laws were approved earlier this year, during the 86th Texas Legislature, and should go into effect on Sept. 1, 2019.
    One of the laws, HB 1387, gets rid of a limit on the number of schoolteachers and staff that can carry guns on public school campuses. These designated staff are known as school marshals.
    Supporters of the proposal said it would allow smaller school districts to participate in the school’s state marshal program, The Texas Tribune reported, explaining that originally schools could only designate one marshal per 200 students or per building. The law would would give schools the ability to decide how many marshals they want.

Another one of the Texas measures, HB 1143, prevents school districts from making rules about how a licensed person’s handgun, firearm or ammunition is stored in their vehicle in a school parking area.
    A third regulation, HB 2363, allows foster parents to store firearms and ammunition in the same locked location.
    A fourth law, HB 302, bans residential lease agreements from restricting the ability of residents or guests to own guns. The NRA said in a statement that this would “protect tenants’ rights” to possess firearms and ammunition and transport them “directly between” their “personal vehicles and these locations.”
    A fifth measure, SB 535, makes it easier to carry guns in “churches, synagogues, or other places of worship” by striking them from a list of prohibited locations in the penal code where firearms are banned.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/texas-enact-l...214917360.html
    If I lived in Texas, and was eligible to become trained/licensed as a school Marshall, I'd be willing to volunteer some of my time at a local school. Its no different than parents volunteering at PTA, chaperone on field trips or help kids cross the street safely....and should be normalized as such.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Good for Texas!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner