Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: September here, and college football starting up

I root for two teams...

and

Malzahn needs to be fired. Yesterday was abysmal, even against an abysmal Clemson. Clemson played exactly like every Auburn fan wanted and we still.played.musical.chairs.quarterback.

Can't stand the Crimson Tide. I curse them every week. There is no other team I hate more on the face of the earth than Alabama (not even the Yankees).

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    As long as we're mentioning the Cal Bears....

Stanford's QB in that game was some guy named John Elway. His last college game ever. He had just led his team down the field for what looked to be the game winning score (a field goal) with four seconds left. They had to overcome a fourth and seventeen yards to go down on their own 13 yard line just to keep that drive alive. Elway tossed a 29 yarder. Stanford needed the win to be certain of a bowl game. He was bitter about the lose for a long time. He never got to play in a college bowl game but did win two consecutive Super Bowls.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-04-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    I root for two teams...

and

Malzahn needs to be fired. Yesterday was abysmal, even against an abysmal Clemson. Clemson played exactly like every Auburn fan wanted and we still.played.musical.chairs.quarterback.

Can't stand the Crimson Tide. I curse them every week. There is no other team I hate more on the face of the earth than Alabama (not even the Yankees).
    Ditch the musical QB and keep at it with musical head coach. Heck, I bet if y'all asked really nicely you could convince ole Pat Dye to come back to the plains!

Roll Tide!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Texas beats a very good Notre Dame team by 3 points in double overtime 50 - 47 .

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am not even sure that I remembered that they play football at James Madison .

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Ditch the musical QB and keep at it with musical head coach. Heck, I bet if y'all asked really nicely you could convince ole Pat Dye to come back to the plains!

Roll Tide!
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Gimme a second to get back to you about that.

A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am not even sure that I remembered that they play football at James Madison .
    This was the score yesterday (I went to the game, it was awesome ):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2016-09-05 at 2.11.29 AM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	5199

Last year ESPN Gameday came to Harrisonburg because James Madison was 7-0. Of course they lost the game that day though. *mad*

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Gimme a second to get back to you about that.
    Houston returned a missed field goal for a touchdown against Oklahoma Saturday; I had bad flashbacks.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Houston returned a missed field goal for a touchdown against Oklahoma Saturday; I had bad flashbacks.
    Notre Dame blocked an extra point and ran it back for two points last night to tie the game at 37 with 3 minutes to go.

I'm that way about Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, and pretty much that whole conference.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Last year ESPN Gameday came to Harrisonburg because James Madison was 7-0. Of course they lost the game that day though. *mad*
    I have watched them play alot of basketball.

Louisiana Lafayette fired the Defensive Coord after dropping the opener 45 -10 .

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Notre Dame blocked an extra point and ran it back for two points last night to tie the game at 37 with 3 minutes to go.
    It didn't stay that way. Texas came back in OT to win.
    #NashvilleStrong

The Ole Miss Black Bears are looking good right now! I hope they win to set up a heck of a show down in 2 weeks.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

After a great start , Ole Miss gave up 33 unanswered , just scored a touchdown now to make it a 5 point game with 12 minutes to play .

What is up with Hawaii scheduling Cal and Michigan to open with ?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    As long as we're mentioning the Cal Bears....

I think the California Golden Bears could be no joke . . .
    a double wide end and double "flanker" offense with a single running back offense returns with
    an offensive line returning to protect their lone question mark on offense - which of three new quarterbacks makes it work best (?)

51-31 over the Rainbow Warriors to start . . . with San Diego State and Texas Longhorns next up on the schedule.

My Hoosiers are looking good for three quarters . Oklahoma State lost , Notre Dame looking good , Kentucky looking woeful.

Dawgs won but damn....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Navy beats UCONN , they may want to learn a little clock management there in Conn.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cincy with a big win today .

My Black Knights beat Rice , Wake beats Duke .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Dawgs won but damn....
    If I am coaching that , I am flat out telling them that does not count as a win , same for Tenn last week . My 8th and 9th grade coach made us run for any extra point conversions not made , but we never lost so I dunno how that would have been handled , but pretty much as I would that Ga win today I imagine .

I see Dankes Gophers beat my Sycamores today . Clemson not impressive , but Louisville's offense is .

Maybe Danke can take me to two bowl games this winter.

The QB at TN Tech started at JMU in 2012, 2013 before transferring to Marshall. Not sure why he transferred 2 times, but if he plays the whole season like he's playing now and last week, he could get some NFL looks .
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

https://twitter.com/espn/status/774617223201554432

https://twitter.com/GoVolsXtra/statu...98092893913088
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

My Buffs win big again! 56-7 against Idaho State (yeah- not a good measure of how good we may or may not be- that comes next week at now #5 Michigan). Led 49- 0 at half. Outscored our first two opponents a combined 100- 14 and are averaging almost 600 yards a game. Our QB had a serious foot injury last year and it was not certain if he would even be able to play this season. He is back! We have been a long time struggling to rebuild- our last bowl game was in 2007. This is the best we have looked in a long time so it is exciting once again!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How 'bout them Commodores?
    #NashvilleStrong

I'm an old miss fan. What a game tonight!!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast