Thread: Would the Swiss Model of Neutrality Save Ukraine?

Would the Swiss Model of Neutrality Save Ukraine?

By Brian4Liberty - 2/26/2022

As the tragedy of the Russian invasion of Ukraine unfolds, we must consider why this happened, how it can be stopped, and how it can be prevented in the future. An idea that comes to mind is neutrality. If Ukraine dedicated itself to the Swiss model of neutrality and a well-armed citizen defense militia, would it prevent foreign attacks?

To answer this question, it is necessary to look at the history of Ukraine since it's liberation from the Soviet Union. Was neutrality ever proposed or discussed in Ukraine? An essay from 2010 entitled "Ukraine’s Neutrality: A Myth or Reality?" is enlightening:

"Ukraine has been searching for its political and security identity ever since its independence in August 1991. ...

Situated on a crossroad between Russia and the European Union (EU), Ukraine was never able to cohesively decide and act with a foreign policy that was not chaotic or unsynchronized. On the one hand, Ukraine has set out clear priorities in its interest in European integration and becoming a more cooperative and close partner with the Euro-Atlantic community, with further prospects of joining the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). At the same time, Ukraine has close historical, cultural and economic ties with Russia, which impact a nostalgic urge to maintain this long and close association. Formulating and maintaining a strategic focus becomes even more problematic when given the fact that this divide is not restricted to purely political elites but the general public as well.

Ukraine is linguistically, however not ethnically, divided between the west and east, Ukrainian and Russian speakers, respectively. The Russian-speaking East-Ukrainian population is geographically situated closer to Russia, thus there exists closer ties and larger cross-border regional economic cooperation. Naturally, jeopardizing a good relationship would hurt Eastern Ukraine in many aspects; consequently the population meets NATO and EU membership with slight apprehension. Western Ukraine, which engages in minimal contact with Russia, does not see any benefit in closer cooperation, and thus is willing to cut all ties to its old neighbor and fully integrate into all political, economic and military institutions that the Euro-Atlantic community has to offer. Hence, Ukraine’s progress in its foreign policy presents numerous domestic obstacles, as politicians skid back and forth, further contributing to instability and confusion."

If accurate, this indicates that Ukraine has been divided on the subject since it gained independence from the Soviet Union. More importantly, it seems that many in Ukraine wanted to merge with Europe and NATO, no doubt for a variety of political and financial reasons, including as defense from Russia. As we see today, defense from Russia was a real fear, and war has unfortunately come to pass.

Unlike Switzerland, Ukraine is not homogenous, with many competing factions. This makes consensus on neutrality difficult at best. And it appears that the only options discussed were aligning with Europe and NATO, or siding with Russia. So was neutrality ever proposed in Ukraine? The essay continues:

"...a third often overlooked yet constitutionally and legislatively acceptable option exists for Ukraine; the option of neutrality. This issue has been briefly discussed in the previous years without much ado, and once again no action followed. Nevertheless, the issue has resurfaced again, this time followed by much debate and discussion, as it originated from the newly elected Ukrainian president, Viktor Yanukovich [Yanukovych], who has been repeatedly urging the Parliament to vote on the needed legislation and fully reaffirm the country’s neutrality."

This is where it gets interesting. It seems that there was a leader proposing neutrality, but strange things happened every time that Yanukovych came close to being elected President of Ukraine. The first time was in 2004. From Wikipedia:

"Yanukovych first ran for president in 2004: he advanced to the runoff election and was initially declared the winner against former Prime Minister Viktor Yushchenko. However, the election was fraught with allegations of electoral fraud and voter intimidation. This caused widespread citizen protests and Kyiv's Independence Square was occupied in what became known as the Orange Revolution. The Ukrainian Supreme Court nullified the runoff election and ordered a second runoff. Yanukovych lost this second election to Yushchenko."

So it appears that the election of the leader proposing neutrality was overturned under very suspicious and controversial circumstances. At the time, Pat Buchanan had questions, and a serious warning:

"According to the Guardian and other sources, NED – the National Endowment for Democracy – and USAid, Freedom House, the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, and George Soros’ Open Society Institute all pumped money or sent agents into Kiev to defeat the government-backed Viktor Yanukovich and elect Viktor Yushchenko as president. Allegedly in on the scheme is the supposedly objective and neutral Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
    If the United States has indeed been interfering in Ukraine to swing the election of a president who will tilt to NATO, against Moscow, we are, as Steele writes, “playing with fire.”"

"Playing with fire" indeed.

In 2004, the idea of neutrality was temporarily defeated by the Orange Revolution, an event that reeked of foreign, outside interference. Not to be deterred, Viktor Yanukovich again ran for President in 2010, and this time he clearly won the election. It was time to implement his policy of neutrality:

As Yanukovich was elected on the promise of neutrality, it could be said that he had a mandate from the majority of the people to pursue this policy:

Once again, mysterious events deterred the implementation of a neutrality policy in Ukraine. In 2013, a coup that was dubbed "Euromaidan" began, which eventually led to the ouster of Yanukovich. It has been reported that this coup was plotted by outside forces, as early as 2012, and most likely the planning began as soon as Yanukovich was elected:

During the protests which led to the coup, the Soros activists were key:

Of course Soros was not alone in this endeavor, and the Obama Administration also played an active role. Some key names revealed via leaked documents are listed here:

It is clear that Swiss style neutrality for Ukraine has been opposed in the past by both internal and outside forces. Now that a lack of neutrality has led to actual war, could neutrality be a key to ending this war and preventing more death and destruction? The idea has been discussed by honest observers without a hidden agenda:

And word is leaking out that negotiations could potentially center on neutrality:

The bottom line is that Swiss style neutrality for Ukraine is a possible solution to the war now, and for peace in the future. We can only hope that there will be negotiations and a quick resolution to end the bloodshed.

Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.

Update 2/28/2022: Given current Swiss actions that are not strictly neutral, the title of this article should read "Would the Old Swiss Model of Neutrality Save Ukraine?"
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-28-2022 at 03:34 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The time to ask that was pre-Afghaniatan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised that there will be negotiations.

But let's be real, they installed a brain-dead senile potato as president. It wasn't accidental.

This is a time where everyone who bet on Ukraine wants their payout.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The Ukrainian government is going to have to cede Crimea and Donbass to Russia and sign a nuetrality agreement. I think this is probably in the works already behind the scenes. Let face it this so called invasion is underwhelming at best. Russia hit the airbases but has otherwise been very cautious and reserved. Something like 80% of available forces are not being used. If Putin wanted Zelensky dead, he would be dead. Putin doesn't want a destroyed failed state on his border. Maybe the western medai should just take Putin and Russia at their word. They don't want a NATO member on their border. They have been very persistant and patient about it, waiting 8 years before taking action. The limited scope of engagement so far also supports this.

Zelensky gets his marching orders from Israel. That's why he spent hours on the phone with the Israeli PM last night.

But Israel is not going to decide what orders to give him for a few more days. He will do whatever they tell him to do.

Do not be surprised if Israel cuts a deal with Russia to set up a puppet regime in Ukraine that is still Jewish but pro-Russian.

https://www.azernews.az/region/189854.html
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

https://twitter.com/Sirjeff_D/status...43894606368768
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Excellent work, Brian!!

To summarize a few facts as I'm seeing them...

Early 2010's - the neutrality based Ukrainian government is either corrupted or propagandized as corrupted to Ukrainians, leading to the "Euromaidan" in late 2013, going into 2014.

February 2014 - the "I am a Ukrainian" video goes viral, the mantra was "We want to be free". As I noted in 2014, I aligned this view with locals I knew in Kiev.

March 2014 - the "I am a Ukrainian" video is shown to be Western propaganda by RT and others. Some here called it out right away as propaganda, @Danke even called out Soros.

Post coup:

The pro Western / NATO aligned government takes power.

Soros revolution ties come out, some RPFs discussion here.

Some analyze that the push for a Ukrainian NATO alliance has been an effort to destabilize the region and used to try and provoke Putin.

Putin: "If Russia faces such a threat as Ukraine's admission to the North Atlantic Alliance, to NATO, then the threats to our country will increase many times" - source here.

So, if I have this right... to highlight the power of propaganda, this heartfelt video that was heavily pushed in the Western media was ultimately used to destabilize the region and lead to the war we see today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvds2AIiWLA

Or am I missing something?

RPFs discussion: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...o-be-free-quot

Video of RT calling it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xx-T8rdNcw
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Very good post. Only thing I would like to point out is that the Swiss are not a homogeneous group. The 26 Cantons are very different, and the difference is greater between the areas that speak different languages. Basically the only thing that unites them is their very healthy distrust of their neighbors.

Ukraine could very easily follow this model, but the west would have to distrust the west the same way they do Russia.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Very good post. Only thing I would like to point out is that the Swiss are not a homogeneous group. The 26 Cantons are very different, and the difference is greater between the areas that speak different languages. Basically the only thing that unites them is their very healthy distrust of their neighbors.

Ukraine could very easily follow this model, but the west would have to distrust the west the same way they do Russia.
    Yes, good point. I was thinking on the languages differences as well. Perhaps they are united in their distrust of neighbors and a respect of differences, and allowing for differences. ie: don't try to central plan / centrally unify everything...

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Yeah, I somewhat avoided that topic. It’s all relative. I know that Switzerland is not completely homogenous in every respect, but it is splitting hairs compared to the situation in many other nations, including the US. Japan is not homogenous if you deep dive into the fine details. It’s relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yes, good point. I was thinking on the languages differences as well. Perhaps they are united in their distrust of neighbors and a respect of differences, and allowing for differences. ie: don't try to central plan / centrally unify everything...

Switzerland has been able to come together despite some differences, and their system seems to have worked for them. It would be great if Ukraine could do the same. History and old injuries are hard to overcome, but in the end, it is better to come together than to suffer death and destruction, especially when the agitators are selfish outsiders with their own agendas.

A couple points.

Firstly, Swiss neutrality is not what it appears. Yes, ground attack would be difficult if not impossible, but in the era of "nuke 'em from orbit", any power sufficiently intent on downing Switzerland could do it almost easily. The Russians, unimaginative people that they tend to be, have yet to twig to the strategy of softening up a target prior to boots on foreign soil. Had they the right aircraft, (most of which they have suck), they would spend months if needed bombing Ukraine into submission, which would inevitably succeed.

"But that's not their goal", you retort indignantly? OK. So what? Human adults become as spoiled children when their political goals remain unsatisfied. Look at Americans, to wit. Besides, Putin is already shown a liar. "Vee vill not bom-buh civilyan targetz". Tell that to the burning buildings in Kiev. "Butt zoze ver miss-isles zat vent off-target." I'm sure all the dead people in those burning buildings understand perfectly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for such militias and neutrality, but these are flimsy assurances against the likes of Putin. Hitler respected Swiss neutrality for one reason, I suspect: they were willing whores to hide his loot. Possibly they were also fare fit for a time when the Reich was well solidified, which could have become reality had Adolph not made such catastrophically mistaken choices, but that's another discussion entirely.

Next: lesson to be learned - the heterogeneity of the filthy Soviets is proven in this single case as the cancer that it is. "Vee vill mix ze kul-choorz and make ze peepool all vun happee familee vis no RAYcis und no inekvaliddy." Homogeneity isn't the evil the left would have the world believe it to be.

Next: the fact that Ukraine has not been able to grasp onto an identity is idiotic on its face. Are they idiots? No, actually... not in the raw biological sense. But they were made into cultural idiots by the Soviet indoctrinations forced upon them at the ends of guns. Seventy five years of that crap, three full generations and change, are demonstrated as sufficient to completely hose a large population. How could it not when you marinate in $#@! your entire life? I've seen it in my own life; try as I have to remain clear of the filth of the progressives, some of it has rubbed off on me. I scrape it where I am able, but the juggernaut of leftist filth is simply overwhelming.

Ukrainians suffer the same problems all humans suffer: they are prone to the craft of Bernays. Propaganda works. It works well. It is almost universally unavoidable today, and so everyone carries the taint and stench of it to one degree or another. But there is a cure for this: basic principles. I have pounded this home to people since I was 20 years old: get back to the basics. I discovered this for myself in the various disciplines I took up - flying, shooting, machine work, mechanicking, cabinet making, gold/silver/blacksmithing, etc. The basics are ever so important. For example, were I to be running a CNC shop, I would hire no machinist who was not first a crackerjack manual operator. Kids straight out of CNC school would have no place with my operation because without knowledge of the machine - knowledge OF THE FLESH - one's CNC training remains incomplete.

And so it is with one's philosophy and self-ID. If you do not know the principles of Proper Human Relations, you cannot be correctly civilized, here "civilized" not being the filth-laden four-letter-word it has otherwise become. If you do not understand the basics of how to live amid and among your fellows, you perforce cannot know well enough how to comport yourself in life or WHY you do so. It is not enough to beleive that you must not murder, rape, beat, rob, and steal. You must know why these prohibitions stand on their own. The only way to know the whys come with explicit knowledge, understanding, and the consequent informed acceptance of the principles themselves. But virtually nobody is interested in any of it. Just like the kids applying to work in a CNC cabinet shop, they don't want to know how to square up a board by hand with a plane and try-square. No no no, they want to go right to the robots. And so it goes with humanity as a whole. No interest in learning to crawl, walk, or even run. They want to be plopped into the cockpit of an F35 right out from between mama's legs. This is why we're neck-deep in feces, for Theye understand enough to get you to dance to their tune. Witness the world as it stands in evidence.

FAIL^FAIL. This is why humanity is taking it in the neck. In this age of tech, we should be closer than ever to true liberation and proper freedom. Instead, as grasping children pitching tantrums we demand that which whisks us ever away from freedom just as it sits millimeters beyond our grasp. It could still be ours, but that requires an alteration of MIND, and nowhere nearly enough are interested in that. The free man is REQUIRED to master himself, the one thing most people refuse with absolute consistency. It is mind boggling to witness the perfect constancy of it all, not to mention the ever so predictable response of "society" to the rise of a superior man, Trump being a good current example of this. Yeah, he is far from perfect, but as a president he stood head and shoulders above everyone since at least JFK, and possibly back to Coolidge. Half of America rose in fuming, pyrophoric rage against him, in many cases simply because he was superior to them. This is how people tend to be and it will one day be our undoing. Hatred for the good and love of evil will not end things well for us as a species, yet that is precisely where we stand, statistically speaking.

Until the Ukrainians, and humanity in general, remove their heads from their deep rectal seats, we as a species will continue our plummet into the Abyss. I predict this with good confidence and a very narrow standard deviation. It is all but guaranteed. Mind is everything, brother ass being window dressing. Until mind changes, nothing of sufficient good will come of humanity.

So I recommend everyone read THIS, imperfectly expressed as it may be. Read it, understand it, for Christ's sake IMPROVE it. When you understand what you are and the nature of your relationships to others, you are then able to go forth in good stead amid your fellows. Until then, you are shooting in the dark and the Ukrainian people will remain as lost as the rest of the world. Talk of finding one's identity is absurd when the basics of mind are ignored. It is a futile endeavor.

The irony in all of this, of course, is the fact that people refuse to learn what is needed in the face of the simplicity and clarity of it all. Forest for the trees. This is some sad fare. It could be changed now, this instant, were people open and honest and of worthy character, but... And so it goes. I will not say we will never twig to the deeper truth, but as of this writing things are looking a mite grim. But I will continue to write and irritate people with my apparent raving insanity in the hope that one day the right people come to it, see it, embrace it, and endeavor to carry it forward into the world where it so richly, rightly, and necessarily belongs. It is clear that mine is not that voice, and so I remain the nothing that I apparently am. That's OK, though - I don't mind being an anonymous irritant.

Neutrality, yes, but not in a state of ignorance, for that will never do.

Cheers, and please send some prayers for Luna, my beloved West Virginia red dog who is stricken with a wild bone cancer. She has not lived enough - not for me, anyhow.
    Last edited by osan; 02-27-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/Sirjeff_D/status...43894606368768
    Normatively, yes.

Positively, no.

Why? Glad you asked. Simply because Theye want the world and a strong and independent and successful Ukraine pisses on Theire parade. Theye will never allow this, and so we have Russia bombing and murdering its way across that now-ravaged land.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/sta...79015998197765

Video of RT calling it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xx-T8rdNcw
    The best propaganda videos that Soros money can buy...

Some info on gun control in Ukraine (~13:00 mark):

https://twitter.com/mkibbe/status/1498018018210856960
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-27-2022 at 01:49 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Ron Paul in 2001 calling out how NATO is problematic to relations with Russian....

https://youtu.be/Q3G5eD4l_18

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6grvowh7ptj81.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	8329

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Clearly, Victoria Nuland, U.S. President Barack Obama’s central agent overseeing the coup, at least during the month of February 2014 when it climaxed, was crucial not only in overthrowing the existing Ukrainian Government, but in selecting and installing its rabidly anti-Russian replacement. The 27 January 2014 phone-conversation between her and America’s Ambassador in Ukraine, Jeffrey [Geoffrey] Pyatt was a particularly seminal event, and it was uploaded to youtube on 4 February 2014. I have discussed elsewhere that call and its significance.
    So here we have some of the key players from the Obama Administration who were involved in removing a leader in Ukraine who favored a neutral status. Considering that Victoria Nuland is now a member of the Biden Administration serving as Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, we can expect the Biden Administration to actively work against a peaceful resolution to the Russian war on Ukraine if that agreement that includes Ukrainian neutrality.

Edit: As the icing on the cake...

Edit 2:

The U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, Victoria Nuland, has reprised the role of the “Doughnut Dolly” by distributing snacks to anti-government protesters on Maidan square in central Kyiv. Armed with a white plastic shopping bag full of biscuits, Nuland was trying to boost the morale of the protesters in what has become a virtual proxy war between the United States and Russia. Control of Ukraine by NATO has long been a gleam in the eye of American neo-conservative war hawks like Arizona Republican Senator John McCain who followed Nuland by a day among the Maidan protesters.

Following the election of Barack Obama to the presidency in 2008, many Americans believed that the age of the neo-cons was over. Neo-cons, nostalgic for the Cold War, put their own imprimatur on the George W. Bush presidency by having it adopt all the principles of neocon policy dogma, most notably a document known as the Project for the New American Century or “PNAC.” With fresh policy guidance from within the neo-con policymaking lairs of the American Enterprise Institute, Heritage Foundation, Hudson Institute, and the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs, neocons like Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Perle, Douglas Feith, Scooter Libby, and Robert Kagan set about to plunge the United States into senseless wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and beyond in a never-ending “global war on terrorism.”

Kagan, although not as well-known as the others, continues to steer America into foreign policy fiascos such as U.S. involvement in the domestic affairs of Ukraine. Kagan has an ace-in-the-hole in stirring up tensions in Ukraine because his wife is none other than Victoria Nuland…
    https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...ctoria-nuland/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-28-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Ron Paul in 2001 calling out how NATO is problematic to relations with Russian....

https://youtu.be/Q3G5eD4l_18
    Nothing wrong with the idea of NATO, if we accept the inherent validity of foreign entanglements. Assuming nothing untoward, I fully understand the ostensive reasons for the establishment of NATO. The Soviets were aggressive and made no secret that they intended on bringing communism to the entire planet. That NATO has become the vary cancer it purported to thwart, speaks solely to our corruption as living entities and not to the fundamental premise of such an organization. Put a moron at the head of the most successful corporate business on the planet and watch it disintegrate. Humans are the problem. MIND is the problem.

That said, I do not for one moment accept foreign entanglements as any way beneficial to America. I don't care what the rest of the world does.

Alas, the patients are running the asylum, we allow it, and until that changes we can expect only worse yet to come.

Who's The Real "Russian Agent"?

https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/1496207031727972363

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You mean where Switzerland joins with the EU in imposing sanctions on Russia and freezing Russian assets? Sure, that'd work.

It was a unique and difficult step which is compatible with the country's traditional neutrality, Swiss President Ignazio Cassis said in a statement read out in three languages - Italian, German and French - during a news conference attended by four of the government's seven members on Monday.

Cassis called Russia’s invasion of Ukraine an “attack on sovereignty, freedom, democracy and the population and institutions of a free country”, which also affected Switzerland. “Playing into the hands of an aggressor is not neutral,” he added.

"The defence of peace and security and respect for international law are values that Switzerland, as a democratic country, shares with its European neighbours," he said.
    Switzerland has blocked with immediate effect the assets of 363 individuals and four corporate entities. This includes Russian President Vladimir Putin, Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

Also on Monday, Switzerland followed suit with other European countries in closing its airspace to Russian flights.
    In an initial move last week, the Swiss government imposed travel restrictions on sanctioned Russians and had forbidden Swiss banks from engaging in any future financial business with these individuals and companies.

Swiss support SWIFT ban
    "The ban on imports, exports and investments concerning Crimea and Sevastopol, which has been in place since 2014, has been extended to the Ukrainian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, which are no longer under the control of the Ukrainian government," read a government statementExternal link.

Finance Minister Ueli Maurer played down links between the Swiss and Russian financial centres, which he described as "very small". He added that Switzerland would support an international decision to cut Russian banks off from the global SWIFT bank messaging system.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    As soon as you reference Swiss neutrality, they go ahead and break it.

It's kind of like US and Canadian banking institutions. They used to be politically neutral, but now they engage in partisan discrimination.

Next thing you know, Switzerland will introduce strict gun control and try to take away their citizen's guns.

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2022/02...-lead-to-this/

After all, if westerners were to get it into their heads that this whole terrible war could have been avoided by simply solidifying a policy of neutrality for Ukraine and issuing a guarantee that it would never be added to NATO, they would begin asking why this did not happen. NATO powers had no interest in adding Ukraine to the alliance anyway, so it doesn’t really make sense to refuse to make such low-cost concessions if the only alternative is mass military slaughter. I mean, unless your goal was to provoke mass military slaughter to advance your own geostrategic objectives.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Zelensky now offering neutrality, and the US media is not covering it? He was such a hero to the western media, now he may screw it up by going off script.

https://rumble.com/vxf4ef-tucker-may...razy-idea.html