Thread: Thoughts can be read.

Thoughts can be read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ts-speech.html

[sic] From Drudge: Using electrodes placed on the surface of the language areas of the brain of awake patients, they monitored the pattern of electrical responses of brain cells during perceived speech.

The scientists then created a computer model that could match spoken sounds to these signals.

'We recorded electrical signals directly from the human language areas when a person heard words,' Knight explained.

'We then decoded these electrical signals and were able to turn them into sound files that reflected what the person heard, with remarkable accuracy.'

Remarkably, the team was then able to decode speech when a person thinks of a specific word, from direct brain recordings.

Imagine being able to just walk around the mall listen to what others are thinking. Imagine being able to selectively listen to a persons thoughts. This would be a paradigm shift in human relationships affecting everything from family to governments to business.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ts-speech.html

[sic] From Drudge: Using electrodes placed on the surface of the language areas of the brain of awake patients, they monitored the pattern of electrical responses of brain cells during perceived speech.

The scientists then created a computer model that could match spoken sounds to these signals.

'We recorded electrical signals directly from the human language areas when a person heard words,' Knight explained.

'We then decoded these electrical signals and were able to turn them into sound files that reflected what the person heard, with remarkable accuracy.'

Remarkably, the team was then able to decode speech when a person thinks of a specific word, from direct brain recordings.

Imagine being able to just walk around the mall listen to what others are thinking. Imagine being able to selectively listen to a persons thoughts. This would be a paradigm shift in human relationships affecting everything from family to governments to business.
    Sometimes I wish I was born 100 years earlier... At least I wouldn't have had to live with this crap.

The moment you realize humanity is completely and utterly $#@!ed. Ah well. I'm sure this won't be abused, I'm sure this won't be used to suppress political speech and things like that.

Nope, we're $#@!ed.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    From Drudge: Using electrodes placed on the surface of the language areas of the brain of awake patients, they monitored the pattern of electrical responses of brain cells during perceived speech.
    Feh... You don't need any such thing. The business plan I did for the MBA was for functional near-infrared (fNIR) technologies developed at Drexel, funded by DoD where you place the fNIR crown on the head and get the equivalent of an fMRI scan of the brain. No physical invasion necessary. Lies and truth, for example, were detectable and no doubt the decoding of brain patterns for words and the sort as well.

Look up fNIR if it is of interest to you.

The technologies out there, in little black holes, are scary. I know because I worked on them long ago. One can only imagine how they have advanced in the intervening years. If the public knew just about that on which I worked, they would not know whether to $#@! or go blind. It is for that reason I hold such pessimism for the future. If the hardware has been developed for the software I worked on, you can bet your ass that there will be no revolution beyond a few hours or days. I've been told that the hardware exists, but it turned out the guy who told me is not quite right in the head, so I have no idea what to believe on that point. I have no idea what would actually transpire in terms of "government" response to a generalized revolt against Themme, but there is enough basis in terms of my own first-hand experience to hold grave concerns for the future of the race of men who stand below Theire line of status.

I am just here
    with my popcorn and beer
    Anxiously waiting

There, have a haiku
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Of course they can (when they're written down).

What am I thinking right now?

Different brains have different wiring. Somebody processing the word "apple" for example may use different neurons to process it so it would be difficult to apply the technique to different persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Different brains have different wiring. Somebody processing the word "apple" for example may use different neurons to process it so it would be difficult to apply the technique to different persons.
    Write it down here, and I will read it and tell you. No magic.

Let me hold it up to the screen. Can you read it now?

Let me hold it up to the screen. Can you read it now?
    Sorry, that's just not really it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are trying to remember your password to log into your American Mensa account.

What am I thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What am I thinking?
    Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Tsk, tsk, tsk.

It works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Not sure, save that it is undoubtedly pure filth. It is the one redeeming quality you possess.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What am I thinking?
    Oh, Mrs. Animal...

The future is fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The future is fail.
    The Book of Fail foretells it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So long as you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. Your thoughts are not private property. If we can save even one child.........

Tin foil hats might become fashion in the future.
    "I am a bird"

Sweet, I need one of those, then I can kidnap liberals and find out if they are truly evil or if liberals are just $#@!ing stupid. We will have the answer shortly! My money is on evil.

No, that won't work!

You were thinking Aluminum Foil.

It has to be a hat made of Tin.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Sweet, I need one of those, then I can kidnap liberals and find out if they are truly evil or if liberals are just $#@!ing stupid. We will have the answer shortly! My money is on evil.
    It's both!

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    So long as you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. Your thoughts are not private property. If we can save even one negro lesbian transgueerfluidgender dolphin child whose black life matters and is triggered by evil white male microagressions in violation of their safe spaces, causing global warming because of their racist, sexist, genderist, intelligencist, feministist, fecesphobic, islamophobic, transphobic, homophobic, lesbophobic, negrophobic, handjobophobic, satanophobic, stupidophobic, fecephobic, hydrophobic hate, unnatural love of Israel, and fear of trannybathrooms.........

Fixed that fer'ye.
    Last edited by osan; 05-31-2016 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    No, that won't work!

You were thinking Aluminum Foil.

It has to be a hat made of Tin.
    Who knows, maybe chain mail becomes fashion again. Ready for Einstein's WWIV.
    "I am a bird"