Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: USS John S. McCain collides with merchant vessel in Singapore.

The commander and executive officer of the USS John S. McCain were relieved of their duties Wednesday due to lost confidence after the warship and an oil tanker collided near Singapore in August.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uss-mccai...101556405.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    buh-bye

Its unlucky isn't it? Naming the tub after a traitor, a POW, and career politician, then she's wrecked and patched up... Not only are there women aboard, but to be named McCain...

Another US Navy Warship Crashes

Over the summer there were two accidental collisions involving the 7th fleet, and a total of 4 similar incidents this year... until today as yet another US Navy warship collided with a Japanese tug boat during exercises.

SputnikNews.com reports the incident occurred off the east coast of Japan. The boat was on its way to the port in Yokosuka, where the US Navy is stationed.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...arship-crashes

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The former commanding officer of the USS John S. McCain pleaded guilty Friday to dereliction of duty for a crash in 2017 that killed 10 sailors. Under the plea deal, Navy Cmdr. Alfredo Sanchez was issued a punitive letter of reprimand and was ordered to forfeit $6,000 in wages. Sanchez also agreed to submit a letter of resignation.

"I am ultimately responsible and stand accountable," he said during a court-martial. "I will forever question my decisions that contributed to this tragic event."

More at: https://www.upi.com/https:/www.upi.c...1961527295948/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The former commanding officer of the USS John S. McCain pleaded guilty Friday to dereliction of duty for a crash in 2017 that killed 10 sailors. Under the plea deal, Navy Cmdr. Alfredo Sanchez was issued a punitive letter of reprimand and was ordered to forfeit $6,000 in wages. Sanchez also agreed to submit a letter of resignation.

"I am ultimately responsible and stand accountable," he said during a court-martial. "I will forever question my decisions that contributed to this tragic event."

More at: https://www.upi.com/https:/www.upi.c...1961527295948/
    "Damn it...I should have pursued a career in law enforcement instead!" - Cmdr. Alfredo Sanchez
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Its unlucky isn't it? Naming the tub after a traitor, a POW, and career politician, then she's wrecked and patched up... Not only are there women aboard, but to be named McCain...
    To be fair, it wasn't named after that McCain, it was named after his pappy and grandpappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "Damn it...I should have pursued a career in law enforcement instead!" - Cmdr. Alfredo Sanchez
    Think positive instead:

"It's all good, now I can pursue my next career, in law enforcement" - Cmdr. Alfredo Sanchez

Boy howdy! I seem to have found that "basket of deplorables" that Killary was ranting about last year...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Boy howdy! I seem to have found that "basket of deplorables" that Killary was ranting about last year...

Is that a songbird tee shirt?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234