Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh come on now, this double standard $#@! is out of control...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The MSM, Texan. Changing the subject didn't help the Longhorns in quadruple overtime and it won't help you now. I'm talking about the media that reported the first, third and fourth place finishers in the 2008 Iowa Caucus. The MSM.
    My answer would still be the same. The MSM never hated Ron Paul. They simply disregarded him as a kook. From a policy perspective they strongly disagreed with him, but they never hated him. He was never a threat. He was a wacky old conspiracy theorist, who hoarded gold coins in his basement. To them he was never a Presidential candidate, the same way that Vermin Supreme would never be a Presidential candidate.

They never hated him. I wouldn't even be so sure that they disliked him. They skipped him in the Iowa caucus because they knew, as we all should have known, that he had no chance, and was basically a protest vote.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    My answer would still be the same. The MSM never hated Ron Paul. They simply disregarded him as a kook.
    You consider failing to report the third place finisher in Iowa (in 2012, not 2008) as "disregard(ing) him as a kook". This in a race where they did report the name of the fourth place finisher, a kook named Newt Gingrich.

Your body may not be vaccinated, but your mind certainly was.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-19-2021 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You consider failing to report the second place finisher in Iowa as "disregard(ing) him as a kook".

Your body may not be vaccinated, but your mind certainly was.
    Yes, that's pretty much the textbook definition of disregarding. I don't see your point.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yes, that's pretty much the textbook definition of disregarding. I don't see your point.
    That's fine. Everybody else does--and his dog too.

I think it's sad anyone gives a $#@!. Whether they had genuine spleen to vent or not, their masters pointed cameras at them and said, "Vent your spleen about Trump." And they did, and their masters got trillions of freshly printed money at Warp Speed.

Am I proud I didn't get played? Yeah, for all the good that does me.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-19-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

The worst part was the press fawning over him at the end. Grandpa is clearly out of his mind and does not belong behind the wheel.
    Just a few more months and Kamala will finally be behind the wheel.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The MSM, Texan. Changing the subject didn't help the Longhorns in quadruple overtime and it won't help you now. I'm talking about the media that reported the first, third and fourth place finishers in the 2008 Iowa Caucus. The MSM.

Yup. That's been the libertarian problem right along, coupled with this:

But, you know, emotions were running high in a certain British colony in the 1770s. And a libertarian group managed to do some amazing things with it.

I'm seeing people get emotional about things no one got emotional about in 2008. I have faith in my ability to teach people reasonable things now, and seeing them get emotional about them later.
    The problem as I see it is that Marxists are teaching others 100,000 times faster than you. There are people that will listen to reason... and then there are many more reacting emotionally to propaganda. Cognitive dissonance means nothing to these people. They aren't bothered by their own double standards. They don't spend time thinking about it.

We need gun control! Only cops should have guns! All cops are bastards! Defund the police!

My body, my choice! Vaccines should be mandatory!

Segregation was bad! We should have separate graduation ceremonies!

Believe all women! Andrew Cuomo is a great governor!

All white people are inherently racist! Cancel all racists! Ralph Northam is a great governor!

We could go on and on...

AF is 100% right, the double standards are off the charts.

I am just observing reality.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    The problem as I see it is that Marxists are teaching others 100,000 times faster than you. There are people that will listen to reason... and then there are many more reacting emotionally to propaganda. Cognitive dissonance means nothing to these people. They aren't bothered by their own double standards. They don't spend time thinking about it.

We need gun control! Only cops should have guns! All cops are bastards! Defund the police!

My body, my choice! Vaccines should be mandatory!

Segregation was bad! We should have separate graduation ceremonies!

Believe all women! Andrew Cuomo is a great governor!

All white people are inherently racist! Cancel all racists! Ralph Northam is a great governor!

We could go on and on...

AF is 100% right, the double standards are off the charts.

I am just observing reality.
    It's reached the point of literal insanity.
    - Kim Kardashian

The reason for the double standard is that the sane side of politics is pretending to be offended right now with what Biden did. I actually thought what Biden did was kind of funny. I thought it was funny when Trump pulled stuff like that. However, I have lefty friends who were genuinely offended on a daily basis by every new thing Trump did.

It was totally TDS that causes the double standard. Sane people don't get offended by stuff like that. Granted there are some who hate Pelosi, Biden and others that they get offended by little stuff like that, but they are minimal in number and not quite as deranged compared to the TDS people.

Granted, I didn't take a poll. I am mostly going by what I see on social media.

I rather enjoy TheTexan's posts when they aren't dripping with satire and sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan
    You realize however that you are grouping me in with the collectivists, instead of treating me as an individual.

And more broadly, you are collectivizing the collectivists. They are individuals as well and you can't paint them with so broad a brush.
    ^^ Gold.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-19-2021 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I saw a clip of this yesterday. My first reaction was the same as AF's.

When Biden does it, they laugh and applaud. But if it had been Trump, the corporate media would have lost its $#@! - his remarks would have been plastered all over the cable "news" and characterized as an example of his callous and vicious disregard for and contempt of the press, and the New York Times and Washington Post (among countless others) would have been frothing at the pen (or keyboard) about it.

And this result would have occurred regardless of whether it is the case that (1) Turmp was the arch-nemesis of the Cathedral, which hates him with a burning passion, or (2) Trump was the willing and cooperative cat's-paw of the Cathedral, or (3) Trump was a narcissistic blowhard who (more accidentally than not) upset the Cathedral's apple cart, or (4) any combination of (1), (2), and/or (3), in whatever degree.

In any case, and for whatever reason, the Cathedral's contrasting presentations and treatments of Trump and Biden respectively are all just part of the same smarmy facade - sort of like a "good cop"/"bad cop" routine, only played out with two perps instead of one.

It's all theatrics and just for show - namely, a puppet show (whatever strings might be attached however firmly to whomever).
    And it is baleful and infuriating to watch.

+rep
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    The reason for the double standard is that the sane side of politics is pretending to be offended right now with what Biden did. I actually thought what Biden did was kind of funny. I thought it was funny when Trump pulled stuff like that. However, I have lefty friends who were genuinely offended on a daily basis by every new thing Trump did.

It was totally TDS that causes the double standard. Sane people don't get offended by stuff like that. Granted there are some who hate Pelosi, Biden and others that they get offended by little stuff like that, but they are minimal in number and not quite as deranged compared to the TDS people.

Granted, I didn't take a poll. I am mostly going by what I see on social media.
    Yeah, Biden’s joke was harmless, unless it was a Non-Binary Lesbian of Color that he threatened to mow down, then I am outraged!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Biden was asked by a reporter while doing some glad handing propaganda fluff for Ford's new $100,000 electric F150, if he could ask a question about Israel.

Biden's reply: “No you can’t. Not unless you get in front of the car when I step on it.”

Pretty snappy comeback for Puddin' Joe, I thought...but, just imagine if it had been Trump.
    Yea saw that earlier, media celebertaed it as 'great sense of humor'. Media will keep covering for him as long as Biden keeps up with Israel-Palestine playbook that is given to all the well-funded politicians.

One correction, question was about 'Israel-Palestine', him answering a question like that plainly could lead to breakup of Democratic party. This dissent within Dems is a good thing.
    GOP leaders OTOH have been able to keep their collective heads burried in the sand on this issue for decades.. even to the point that the earlier "conservative" version of the party has been obliterated and now it has rebirthed itself into a slightly different wing of Progressive Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ‘This Sucker’s Quick!’ — Secret Service Allows Joe Biden to Speed Away in Electric F-150
    Charlie Spiering 18 May 2021
    In 2010, former President Obama drove a Chevy Volt for about 10 feet during a visit to a General Motors plant to promote electric vehicles, despite some protest from the Secret Service.
    That's another double standard example.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12