Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never Give Up on Jesus's message of love. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    You could not be more wrong, on all counts. Whether that's intentional as you're being paid to be here, or unintentional as you've not fallen far enough to realize the truth, either way you are wrong. That's all I'll say on this subject with you, as you've shown you've no room to discuss this with any neutrality.

But I will say this again. I have no time for anyone who speaks any type of division between humanity, from here on out. Those that consider themselves true Christian would feel the same I would think.
    Denominational religion in of itself is 'division.' There is two choices-- Good or Evil. I certainly will not love Evil of any kind.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't wish to lead anyone anywhere, I'm no one of any importance in that way. All I'm saying is that you can love your neighbor and realize they are different from you. It is from this starting point that we must move forward, as a species.
    My neighbor is an atheist who believes no such sky pilot fairy tales, and will be quick to tell you so.

My neighbor has become convinced that everything I have worked for to provide for myself and family, are ill gotten gains that are in fact rightfully his, and have only ended in my hands because of a rotten system designed to do nothing more than that.

My neighbor also believes that human beings are not individuals, but rather just a collective mob of competing interest groups. He's convinced that the real problem is that there are just too many of us and not enough of him. Therefore he has committed himself genocide for the greater good, including my and my family.

And you wish me to embrace and make peace with these demons?

People who can legitimately think and act that way are as different from me as a race of space aliens.

Separate or Die.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I love Mac n cheese with bacon
    But does Mac n cheese with bacon love you?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The evil left hates God & Christianity.
    God is going to punish them one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    The evil left hates God & Christianity.
    God is going to punish them one day.
    God HATES Evil...

Proverbs 8:13 (KJV)

The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.”

Psalm 97:10-12 King James Version

10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

12 Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    Define "love"

Way out of what?

How is this U.S. Political News?
    It is like that thrill you feel up your leg when you read my posts.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    It reciprocates my affection, in ways you wouldn't understand
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

A slave religion for a Slave Mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    This x1000.

Loving your neighbor, and shooting him in the face after he's kicked in your door,

are not mutually exclusive
    Pretty sure I can do both . I am just talented like that .

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eh, I think we're in Old Testament times.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Religion and the denominations are all man-made what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Eh, I think we're in Old Testament times.
    Ezekiel has more about the end of days than all of the New Testament.

Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 22:39

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
    There is no spoon.

Well I do think its OK to pray for your enemies after you've won . I think thats what Matthew would want .

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 22:39

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ender again."

You could not be more wrong, on all counts. Whether that's intentional as you're being paid to be here, or unintentional as you've not fallen far enough to realize the truth, either way you are wrong. That's all I'll say on this subject with you, as you've shown you've no room to discuss this with any neutrality.
    Bleating about truth while employing awful logic in defense of your cause is pathetic.

But I will say this again. I have no time for anyone who speaks any type of division between humanity, from here on out. Those that consider themselves true Christian would feel the same I would think.
    The only purpose a "true Christian" of your ilk serves is to end up persecuted and in an early grave at the hands of malicious men. Your kind of "true Christian" will also get your loved ones persecuted and killed at the hands of those same men due to your sheer ineffectiveness. Your tepid existence is sustained entirely by hard men not content to allow malicious men to do as they please due to some misbegotten and thoroughly dangerous interpretation of love.

Finally, those that are unwilling or incapable of dividing humanity based on their actions can lay claim to neither knowledge or wisdom. They are psychological eunuchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If what you say is true, then I renounce my faith, here and now, and add you to the ranks of those that would lead good people to slaughter in the face of mortal danger and deadly enemies.
    The martyr complex they possess compels them to get themselves and everyone around them killed. Their reward is not of this world, so it does not matter to them whether everyone is slaughtered as a result of their actions. If their type was dominant around the time of the Revolutionary War, then this country would have never been founded as they would have sat on their asses doing nothing at all about the British.

Ouch.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Bacon loves me , Mac and cheese cant be good for you so I leave it alone .

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Bleating about truth while employing awful logic in defense of your cause is pathetic.

The only purpose a "true Christian" of your ilk serves is to end up persecuted and in an early grave at the hands of malicious men. Your kind of "true Christian" will also get your loved ones persecuted and killed at the hands of those same men due to your sheer ineffectiveness. Your tepid existence is sustained entirely by hard men not content to allow malicious men to do as they please due to some misbegotten and thoroughly dangerous interpretation of love.

Finally, those that are unwilling or incapable of dividing humanity based on their actions can lay claim to neither knowledge or wisdom. They are psychological eunuchs.
    If they don't cause you to rein in your tough-guy talk, someone else bigger and badder will. (Ultimately, you will become one of the malicious men you fear and hate if you continue down that road.)

How appropriate this quote is, on MLK Day of all days: "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love."

Most folks are afraid of stuff that will never happen. (Governments will eventually collapse under their own weight; no outside intervention is necessary; merely withdraw your support!)

Speaking of withdrawing support and martyr complexes... (There's no point in even opening that can of worms, with all of the double-thought entailed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    If they don't cause you to rein in your tough-guy talk, someone else bigger and badder will. (Ultimately, you will become one of the malicious men you fear and hate if you continue down that road.)
    It is time to dispense of this sophistry. Firstly, malicious men are not "feared". They exist, and this observation is an acceptance of the nature of man comprising a duality. Also, nobody was speaking of fear until you mentioned it. At best, it is a nice strawman you concocted. At worst, you are being willfully disingenuous.

Secondly, the idea that one becomes what one hates is pseudointellectual garbage. As an example, one does not become a Marxist by hating Marxism. The fact there are people still running around laboring under this delusion is an indictment of the intellectual state of mankind.

Finally, if you thought any of what I wrote amounted to "tough guy talk", then I suggest you locate your spine and verify it is still intact.

Their reward is not of this world,
    It really does come down to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    It really does come down to this.
    comes in handy for sending them on suicide missions.

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    comes in handy for sending them on suicide missions.
    That cuts both ways.

In the materialistic world view that excludes factors that are not of this world, human life is meaningless and without value anyway. So in that case it still matters not if anyone gets slaughtered.

The hypothesis that it is people with such a world view, and not those who seek rewards that are not of this world, who are really more liable to be suicidal is born out by statistics.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 01-18-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Do you love Satan?
    wtf??
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Denominational religion in of itself is 'division.' There is two choices-- Good or Evil. I certainly will not love Evil of any kind.
    What you must realize is that true evil makes up a very small percentage of people on this planet, and folks like you and me will probably never meet one of em if we're lucky. Most people out there that everyone here is salivating at the mouth to go full jihadi on, are mislead folks just like there are here. They've just been mislead in a different direction, and for just as long. Humans on a basic level want to live a life that makes them feel content, and that's the extent of it. We all can find common ground with our neighbors in that regard, and then build from there.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post

How appropriate this quote is, on MLK Day of all days: "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love."

Most folks are afraid of stuff that will never happen. (Governments will eventually collapse under their own weight; no outside intervention is necessary; merely withdraw your support!)

Speaking of withdrawing support and martyr complexes... (There's no point in even opening that can of worms, with all of the double-thought entailed.)
    I absolutely agree. I see posters here today that for years I've seen wish each other and all mankind peace on numerous occasions, now practically salivating to spill the blood of those they say can't wait to get a rope around their necks!

It is time to dispense of this sophistry. Firstly, malicious men are not "feared". They exist, and this observation is an acceptance of the nature of man comprising a duality. Also, nobody was speaking of fear until you mentioned it. At best, it is a nice strawman you concocted. At worst, you are being willfully disingenuous.
    How do you propose to stop these "malicious men," BSWPaulsen? (Pre-emptive violence puts your ideology in the same realm as governments.)

Secondly, the idea that one becomes what one hates is pseudointellectual garbage. As an example, one does not become a Marxist by hating Marxism. The fact there are people still running around laboring under this delusion is an indictment of the intellectual state of mankind.
    You do when you forego your principles to stop it.

Finally, if you thought any of what I wrote amounted to "tough guy talk", then I suggest you locate your spine and verify it is still intact.
    "Tough guys" like to appear tough by disregarding simple -- yet important -- concepts like love.

"There is a time for hate, and there is a time for war."

Tell me how hate and strife will help you accomplish your goals. (Or help anyone, for that matter!)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BSWPaulsen again.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

The only time I see actual extremist thought or actions it's by people that consume online garbage every day, that includes quite a few posters here these days unfortunately. Whenever I'm out face to face with people, they just want to live the way that makes them content and they dont want to be getting screwed by corps or government. That's something we of all walks of life can come to agree on. Absolutely.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast