Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian Party To Hold Convention Sunday

Libertarian Party To Hold Convention Sunday

Libertarian Party To Hold Convention Sunday

http://www.post-journal.com/news/com...ention-sunday/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope that naked guy has a repeat performance. Won't be the same without an alt-right spoiler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Americans hate liberty so much today that they would rather imprison Ron Paul than Obama or Bush.

Americans are so enslaved that they would rather spend more effort on censoring Libertarians than promoting freedom.

http://generational-theory.com/forum/thread-4752.html

Life has become meaningless now that robots will soon do all the jobs, everything is illegal, everything that you buy will be used to track you, and the elites will end up with everything through fees, fines, forfeiture, inflation, and taxes.

The noose is getting tighter.

What will you do when you are forced to choose between death or living forever by downloading your memory onto a microchip and being tracked?

Quote Originally Posted by dcliberty View Post
    Americans hate liberty so much today that they would rather imprison Ron Paul than Obama or Bush.

Americans are so enslaved that they would rather spend more effort on censoring Libertarians than promoting freedom.

http://generational-theory.com/forum/thread-4752.html

Life has become meaningless now that robots will soon do all the jobs, everything is illegal, everything that you buy will be used to track you, and the elites will end up with everything through fees, fines, forfeiture, inflation, and taxes.

The noose is getting tighter.

What will you do when you are forced to choose between death or living forever by downloading your memory onto a microchip and being tracked?
    There is nothing wrong with robots performing menial labor. For every person whose job is taken by technology there is another person added to the work force who performs another job. It increases our productivity. With increased productivity comes increased quality of life. If you think life was better or easier 100 years ago, you are a fool.

I don't know why so many people on here fear technology instead of embracing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    There is nothing wrong with robots performing menial labor. For every person whose job is taken by technology there is another person added to the work force who performs another job. It increases our productivity. With increased productivity comes increased quality of life. If you think life was better or easier 100 years ago, you are a fool.

I don't know why so many people on here fear technology instead of embracing it.
    Here is the real danger for humanity going forward. Please be honest in answering this question. Can you off the top of your head remember every phone number and who they belong to that you have in your phone right now? Because I can't, I have found I am becoming complacent and too dependent on the tech device to do this thinking and remembering for me. This is the danger, we are losing our ability to think because the technology is doing it for us and there is less need to do this for ourselves.

This is bad...

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Here is the real danger for humanity going forward. Please be honest in answering this question. Can you off the top of your head remember every phone number and who they belong to that you have in your phone right now? Because I can't, I have found I am becoming complacent and too dependent on the tech device to do this thinking and remembering for me. This is the danger, we are losing our ability to think because the technology is doing it for us and there is less need to do this for ourselves.

This is bad...
    Welcome to the machine.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

This is bad...
    It just means your brain is adapting your skill set to current needs. My mom always used to intone darkly that kids could not count change properly because the registers did it for them, and if all the computers ever died simultaneously, vendors would be in real trouble. She also told me never learn to type because it would relegate me to a secretarial position

I was probably in my 30's before I realized that if all the computers simultaneously died, not knowing how to count change would be a trivial matter compared to not knowing how to hunt and trap.

And as for the typing....well, there was a Mario Teaches Typing pc game that helped some, but i'll never be great.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Welcome to the machine.
    It's scary... We will completely cease to function and just roll over and die if the power goes down. Having caught myself I am now forcing myself and my Grandkids to practice the old ways of thought and memory and resisting the trap.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It just means your brain is adapting your skill set to current needs. My mom always used to intone darkly that kids could not count change properly because the registers did it for them, and if all the computers ever died simultaneously, vendors would be in real trouble. She also told me never learn to type because it would relegate me to a secretarial position

I was probably in my 30's before I realized that if all the computers simultaneously died, not knowing how to count change would be a trivial matter compared to not knowing how to hunt and trap.

And as for the typing....well, there was a Mario Teaches Typing pc game that helped some, but i'll never be great.
    "I was probably in my 30's before I realized that if all the computers simultaneously died, not knowing how to count change would be a trivial matter compared to not knowing how to hunt and trap."

Absolutely, Just figuring out the four cardinal directions or reading a map are a huge challenge for the newest generations. They blindly trust GPS directions and it is killing people. I have actually witnessed millennials have a total mental breakdown because their GPS went down. Or even worse, I have had them do the same and ball like babies because I jokingly told them "you can't get there from here", they actually believed it and melted down.

I was checking out of a store the other day and ran across something I had not seen in many years now.... The clerk tested my $100 bill in the old way, with her fingernail. And then she counted change back the old school way and ignored the register and in this way double checked the proper exchange amount. But she was my age and in the generation who have not lost these skills. Lost skills are very very important in every aspect. I thanked her and explained why.

Who wants to carry a NSA tracking device around?

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

This is bad...
    Of course I can't. I don't know why that bothers you. It's not like remembering phone numbers is a good mental exercise. You know what my phone does that is a good mental exercise? It puts practically the entirety of human knowledge at my fingertips, 24/7, and I take advantage of it. I am constantly reading wikipedia articles, scientific articles, and about world events. I have more information available to me than thousands of dollars worth of encyclopedias did just 20 years ago. I can watch videos of MIT lectures for free while I'm in the bathroom.

Technological advancements have only increased productively, comfort, happiness, and quality of life. Thermonuclear weapons brought peace between the world super powers. Automation has brought people out of factories and into comfortable offices. Even the human experiments performed by the nazi's helped expand the capabilities of the medical field, saving countless lives. All technology, even those made for war or profit, have made this world a better place for us.

Of course I can't. I don't know why that bothers you. It's not like remembering phone numbers is a good mental exercise. You know what my phone does that is a good mental exercise? It puts practically the entirety of human knowledge at my fingertips, 24/7, and I take advantage of it. I am constantly reading wikipedia articles, scientific articles, and about world events. I have more information available to me than thousands of dollars worth of encyclopedias did just 20 years ago. I can watch videos of MIT lectures for free while I'm in the bathroom.

Technological advancements have only increased productively, comfort, happiness, and quality of life. Thermonuclear weapons brought peace between the world super powers. Automation has brought people out of factories and into comfortable offices. Even the human experiments performed by the nazi's helped expand the capabilities of the medical field, saving countless lives. All technology, even those made for war or profit, have made this world a better place for us.
    You lost me at " It's not like remembering phone numbers is a good mental exercise." because apparently you don't see the connection, or lack there of...

Wasn't Ron Paul banned from the convention?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

old uneducated phart here,,and I learned to navigate well enough.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

If you think life is better today than it was a hundred years ago you are a fool.
    I will never embrace technology over humanity, liberty , and prosperity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Wasn't Ron Paul banned from the convention?
    No , but Jesus wouldn't be allowed in the Catholic Church today.

I don't know of anybody here who fears technology. I know very few of the people here embrace every new thing that comes along. Few libertarians are dumb enough to think everything that comes along from the Edsel to eight track tapes to Google Glass to cars that can only go eighty miles before requiring hours to recharge to devices in one's home that spy on one are all unmitigated successes guaranteed to make our lives better. You might as well say no human ever had a bad idea.

What this has to do with the party convention I'm sure I have no idea.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-01-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I like that guy. I need to look more into him.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't know of anybody here who fears technology. I know very few of the people here embrace every new thing that comes along. Few libertarians are dumb enough to think everything that comes along from the Edsel to eight track tapes to Google Glass to devices in one's home that spy on one are all unmitigated successes guaranteed to make our lives better.
    There can't be a thread on here about self driving cars without the majority on here bashing them.

Austin Petersen Banned from Facebook. AGAIN.

On Tuesday, April 3rd, Austin Petersen tweeted out that both his personal and public Facebook pages were put on a 3-day ban due to “graphic violence.” What is Facebook referring to you may ask? Well, on Austin’s personal page, he made a comment referring to some shooting and the government getting their gun-grabbing hands all around said tragedy. Austin simply said “Never let a crisis go to waste.”

This isn’t the first time that Facebook has tried to “Zucc” Austin though. During the 2018 primary elections, he was banned twice on Facebook and once on Twitter. Both times he was banned on Facebook was because of a raffle he was doing for his campaign, giving away a free AR-15. And both times it was overturned. The time on Twitter was because he was trolling a leftist group that backed his opponent, with a gif of Joseph Stalin that said “Off to the gulag now” – a gif that was approved by Twitter prior to that incident.
    I think at this point it’s kind of obvious that Facebook and Twitter are okay with censoring anyone to the right of Mao, from Jordan Peterson to the new pro-life movie Unplanned. We shouldn’t take this lying down.

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/a...acebook-again/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

There can't be a thread on here about self driving cars without the majority on here bashing them.
    Well, naturally that is a waste of time. After all, they do bash themselves up just fine without our help. But I don't see why anyone should be happy with the thought that they may be the next unlucky person to get in the path of one of those menaces.

The three things I mainly hear about them is, they aren't ready for public roadways, too much taxpayer money is being spent on the technology, and those of us who are smarter than computers and like to drive don't want the government to prohibit driving.

Of course, I read posts. I don't just scan the first three words looking for an excuse to feel smug and superior.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-01-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I don't see anything wrong with them, as long as he driver is in full control to override them and is constantly minoring them. As with an aircraft capable of doing an autoland. There are very strict monthly maintenance procedures and pilot simulator training every 9 months to allow it to be performed.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    If you think life is better today than it was a hundred years ago you are a fool.
    Oh look at what we did! lol

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with them, as long as he driver is in full control to override them and is constantly minoring them. As with an aircraft capable of doing an autoland. There are very strict monthly maintenance procedures and pilot simulator training every 9 months to allow it to be performed.
    Or you could get a mule and all you have to worry about is getting kicked now and then... Once you get to know the mule you know when to watch the back end.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Embracing technology is embracing humanity, liberty, and prosperity.

If you disagree, you should ask yourself why government is so hell bent on controlling it, without much luck.

You are also talking out your ass, typing your thoughts out on a computer or phone, in a safe comfortable house with electricity, heat, and most likely AC. The few people lucky enough to even have toilet paper 100 years ago had to worry about splinters in the product. Your grandparents or great grandparents would be laughing their asses off at you.

I don't like how government has turned this country into a nanny state. I don't like the upsurd amount of regulations. Technology is not responsible for the spread of socialism. If anything it has been a stop gap, slowing it's growth.

Or you could get a mule and all you have to worry about is getting kicked now and then...
    Of course, if you drop the reins you'll most likely wind up at home, regardless of where you intended to go.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Of course, if you drop the reins you'll most likely wind up at home, regardless of where you intended to go.
    Yep, done that with horses many times. Self driving...

I don't like how government has turned this country into a nanny state. I don't like the upsurd amount of regulations. Technology is not responsible for the spread of socialism. If anything it has been a stop gap, slowing it's growth.
    Alexa has retarded the growth of the nanny state?

You keep using that word 'technology' like all technology is equal in its capacity to improve lives. Pardon me for believing MRI machines =/= Tomahawk missiles.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-01-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Embracing technology is embracing humanity, liberty, and prosperity.

If you disagree, you should ask yourself why government is so hell bent on controlling it, without much luck.

You are also talking out your ass, typing your thoughts out on a computer or phone, in a safe comfortable house with electricity, heat, and most likely AC. The few people lucky enough to even have toilet paper 100 years ago had to worry about splinters in the product. Your grandparents or great grandparents would be laughing their asses off at you.

Excellent, my Smart Fridge sends reports to DHS and NSA every
    15 seconds, and I paid for the feature.
    How many Federal agencies do we have today , that are tightening the
    noose around the our Constitution , compared to a hundred years ago,
    you can't answer lol.
    And when's the last time you went to jail for riding home half sauced
    on your mule.
    When did you get all of your belongings taken a hundred years ago
    because you were proven guilty before you had a trial or due process.
    Think much ?
    Talk ''out of your ass much''
    : )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast