Thread: Spain to Ban Photos Of Police. Unable to cope with bad press from beating civilians

Spain to Ban Photos Of Police. Unable to cope with bad press from beating civilians

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/21/165675...otos-of-police

Amid Protests, Spain Tries Banning Photos Of Police by Lauren Frayer

Listen to the Story

All Things Considered
    [4 min 52 sec]

text size A A A
    November 21, 2012
    As anti-austerity protests spread around the country, the Spanish government is drafting a law prohibiting citizens from taking photos and video of riot police on the job. Video already released on YouTube shows police firing rubber bullets into crowds and beating demonstrators. The proposed ban on citizen photography seems to have prompted even more people to join protests and take pictures, including 12 year old Paula Carrasco.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I predict Spanish-language EXIF stripper program downloads are going to be suddenly very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I predict Spanish-language EXIF stripper program downloads are going to be suddenly very popular.
    Whats the point, there is always tineye.

This will be a case study of what happens when you ban something.
    "The Patriarch"

Do we really need more case law on this? As Ron Paul likes to say, "Tyranny is old."
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    Do we really need more case law on this? As Ron Paul likes to say, "Tyranny is old."
    Apparently some people haven't recieved the memo..
    "The Patriarch"

I believe this man sums up the European situation perfectly.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

The UK has already done this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the video footage I saw, it seemed like if the police would have just gone home, nobody would have gotten hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    From the video footage I saw, it seemed like if the police would have just gone home, nobody would have gotten hurt.
    If the police goes home,the government buildings will burn.The problem is the protesters are protesting for all the wrong reasons.Even if they get what they want ,it will only devastate the countries even more.

For example in Greece they take a 14th paycheck + a Christmas and New Years Bonus and they retire at ages like 55-60 ( in my country they are going to raise it to 67 because there is no money in the pensions fund ).And they are protesting for the government not to cut those benefits although they have an enormous deficit.

The EU is also just completely destroying them further.All the bailouts come with a condition that Greece must buy a certain amount of weapons from France and Germany so the Greeks in a depression are buying frigates from France at a total price of 1 billion ,and buying Abrams tanks from the US when they can hardly afford ammunition for the 300 Leopards they bought let alone fuel for the Abrams.
    Last edited by Demigod; 11-22-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    If the police goes home,the government buildings will burn.The problem is the protesters are protesting for all the wrong reasons.Even if they get what they want ,it will only devastate the countries even more.

For example in Greece they take a 14th paycheck + a Christmas and New Years Bonus and they retire at ages like 55-60 ( in my country they are going to raise it to 67 because there is no money in the pensions fund ).And they are protesting for the government not to cut those benefits although they have an enormous deficit.

And the EU is just completely destroying them.All the bailouts come with a condition that Greece must buy a certain amount of weapons from France and Germany so the Greeks in a depression are buying frigates from France at a total price of 1 billion ,and buying Abrams tanks from the US when they can hardly afford ammunition for the 300 Leopards they bought let alone fuel for the Abrams.
    I didn't see anybody trying to cause any damage, except the police force. Most people I saw, were just trying to get out of the way.

I didn't see anybody trying to cause any damage, except the police force. Most people I saw, were just trying to get out of the way.
    The protesters were hurling rocks and bricks at both police and government buildings.

I hope eduardo is safe!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    The protesters were hurling rocks and bricks at both police and government buildings.
    That is just saying hello to the police.If you are not trowing anything at the police where is the fun.Unlike in the USA policeman in Europe are highly forbidden to use their firearm because god forbid they killed someone at a protest the whole country would burn.

So the protesters will trow stones and molotovs,the police will fire tear gas and use water cannons.If either side manages to isolate a small group of the other a serious beating takes place and the circle goes around. I have once witnessed a situation where while a cop was fighting a protester his gun fell to the ground before the protesters feet,the protester gave it back he holstered it and the fight continued .

Believe me if the get inside the government buildings everyone and everything in there is finished.If they can not enter they will pelt them with rocks and molotovs ( that will set them on fire )
    Last edited by Demigod; 11-22-2012 at 04:29 PM.