Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick Perry slams Rand Paul's 'isolationist policies' in Washington Post op-ed

Rick Perry slams Rand Paul's 'isolationist policies' in Washington Post op-ed

Isolationist policies make the threat of terrorism even greater

By Rick Perry
    July 11 at 8:01 PM

Rick Perry, a Republican, is governor of Texas.

As a veteran, and as a governor who has supported Texas National Guard deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, I can understand the emotions behind isolationism. Many people are tired of war, and the urge to pull back is a natural, human reaction. Unfortunately, we live in a world where isolationist policies would only endanger our national security even further.

That’s why it’s disheartening to hear fellow Republicans, such as Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.), suggest that our nation should ignore what’s happening in Iraq. The main problem with this argument is that it means ignoring the profound threat that the group now calling itself the Islamic State poses to the United States and the world.

In the Islamic State, which came to prominence in Syria and now controls ample territory, weapons and cash in both that country and Iraq, the world is confronting an even more radicalized version of Islamic extremism than al-Qaeda. This group is well-trained, technologically sophisticated and adept at recruitment, with thousands of people with European passports fighting on its side, as well as some Americans.

This represents a real threat to our national security — to which Paul seems curiously blind — because any of these passport carriers can simply buy a plane ticket and show up in the United States without even a visa. It’s particularly chilling when you consider that one American has already carried out a suicide bombing and a terrorist-trained European allegedly killed four at the Jewish Museum in Brussels.

read more:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...f8f_story.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank GOD - I was hoping he would do this. Every position taken by Rick "Adding-hipster-glasses-to-make-people-forget-how-stupid-I-am" Perry is immediately discredited.

I wonder who his ghostwriter was for this little number...

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Rick Perry 'Oops'

Its Rand's party now Rick.

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

That's disappointing. I at least had some hope for Perry, since he had come around on the drug war and was basically taking our point of view on that. But, this makes it clear that it's going to be Rand against about 10 or 11 neocons in the Republican primary. The choice will be clear.

I'm starting to really worry that without Perry's endorsement, Rand won't be able to get the 0.7% of the votes Perry got in the NH primary...

So, they're trying the Perry noodle to see if they can get him to stick?

Notice the picture of Obama laughing at Perry, the picture of Perry & Hannity "on the border" and now this.

I think it's funny that they are in the SAME PLACE they were in 2010/2011 where they have no prince to crown. Right now, the polls show Rand on top and that is somewhere Ron NEVER was. They're skeered. Gotta get the spaghetti throws out of the way early so they can coronate their chosen one.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

This represents a real threat to our national security — to which Paul seems curiously blind — because any of these passport carriers can simply buy a plane ticket and show up in the United States without even a visa.
    Ok, then wouldn't the problem be our immigration system, rather than a lack of intervention in Iraq?

Thanks guy.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul: Three good reasons why Rick Perry could be president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMeOHvl_2fg

The comments are gold.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

"because any of these passport carriers can simply buy a plane ticket and show up in the United States without even a visa."

Or in the case of the underwear bomber, a passport is not even necessary.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    That's disappointing. I at least had some hope for Perry, since he had come around on the drug war and was basically taking our point of view on that. But, this makes it clear that it's going to be Rand against about 10 or 11 neocons in the Republican primary. The choice will be clear.
    LOLOL. Perry sold his soul a long time ago. Huge, and I mean HUGE, crony-capitalist.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    LOLOL. Perry sold his soul a long time ago. Huge, and I mean HUGE, crony-capitalist.
    Yeah, I can still remember this.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/15/opinio...harmaceutical/

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I love how Perry wears glasses these days to give the image of intellectual and yet he's just the same old buffoon.

Perry is quite the Council On Foreign Relations yes man.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Perry is quite the Council On Foreign Relations yes man.
    Yeah, and Cruz has very close ties to that nasty org too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

That's disappointing. I at least had some hope for Perry, since he had come around on the drug war and was basically taking our point of view on that.
    That's how those outside Texas see Rick. But he always has been one of the worst.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, and Cruz has very close ties to that nasty org too.
    It literally seems like Cruz got his wife fired from CFR

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Did she leave? I had not heard that, interesting if true. I know Condi Rice is friends with them, Heidi worked for her.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Please. Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    That's how those outside Texas see Rick. But he always has been one of the worst.
    The CFR needs to market their slop to all segments. They just dress it up like John Wayne in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    The CFR needs to market their slop to all segments. They just dress it up like John Wayne in this case.
    Cruz is not natural born anyway, and he said Bush put his wife in to be a conservative influence, lol. Got that from someone who asked him.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Who trained ISIS Mr. Perry? How are they so well trained?

Oh right! We helped them using the same stupid logic in your piece. We created a problem and we have to fix it now, is that it? Why should we not believe that will only create more problems? Why are we willing to bankrupt our nation protecting these nations when we cannot even protect our own?
    It's just an opinion... man...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rick Perry? Al Gore's cheerleader...

One ironic thing is that Santorum called Perry an isolationist in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Rick Perry 'Oops'

Oh my goodness. I just realized that when he turns to Dr. Paul he meant to call him by his name, but forgot that too! You can hear it in his speech patterns. There is a slight beat where he would have said Ron by totally blanked! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

also, I can't believe the guy wanting to turn the border into an impenetrable wall has teh balls to call anyone an isolationist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Rick Perry 'Oops'

It's becoming Rand's party. Don't get too cocky. And certainly don't get complacent in your own efforts. And hopefully there's still a "party" left by 2016 for any of it to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    So, they're trying the Perry noodle to see if they can get him to stick?

Notice the picture of Obama laughing at Perry, the picture of Perry & Hannity "on the border" and now this.

I think it's funny that they are in the SAME PLACE they were in 2010/2011 where they have no prince to crown. Right now, the polls show Rand on top and that is somewhere Ron NEVER was. They're skeered. Gotta get the spaghetti throws out of the way early so they can coronate their chosen one.
    Much truth here also advisement to not get cocky. Still a long long way to go. No one is truly throwing noodles at the wall yet.

eta: never support anyone in handle compromise and MichaelDavis signatures. Those sigs are bought and paid for by AIPAC and likely the same shill controlling both. <------I received 5 neg reps in 10 minutes full of obscenities from compromise for this comment.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-13-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

But, this makes it clear that it's going to be Rand against about 10 or 11 neocons in the Republican primary. The choice will be clear.
    Hey, they're Freedom Conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    also, I can't believe the guy wanting to turn the border into an impenetrable wall has teh balls to call anyone an isolationist.
    I haven't heard him say that, and I don't think that believing in border security makes someone an isolationist. Perry was criticized for being weak on the immigration issue in 2012. It's generally the neocons/internationalists who are in favor of open borders and are weak on immigration.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast