Thread: California poised to have the highest gas tax in the country

California poised to have the highest gas tax in the country

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like California leftists are trying to turn California into a Craphole version of Leftist Canada. Yeah those Gas taxes would be very bad for ordinary people among other living costs.

Pennsylvania currently has the highest gasoline taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

I drive right over the border and get it much cheaper in Ohio. I hope they don’t put a wall or a fence up that would make the trip exceed the cost of the savings.

PA is also considered one of the most corrupt states in the country.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Looks like every other place in the country: the vast numbers of diversity and migrants in the city centers dictate leftist high tax and big government policy to the entire rest of the state's population.

They'll catch up with California soon enough as more invaders settle in and start voting.

What's your point?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-26-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Looks like every other place in the country: the vast numbers of diversity and migrants in the city centers dictate leftist high tax and big government policy to the entire rest of the state's population.

They'll catch up with California soon enough as more invaders settle in and start voting.

PA is a commonwealth and doesn’t have ballot issues like Ohio.

The problem is with dumbed down voters and the politicians who line their own pockets. People, no matter what party, vote for their favorite team not understanding that both teams are actually the same single big government.

Republican politicians/candidates here in my state give grand podium rhetoric about fiscal responsibility but once the electorate votes them into office those politicians vote contrary to their speeches. I can’t sit here and blame immigrants when most of the legal Americans and politicians don’t care enough to understand what they are voting for or make a stand to hold their politicians feet to the fire.

When I ask people about state senate and house bills they look at me like I’m speaking Arabic. When I try to explain the bills/issues they respond by telling me if their republican representatives vote a certain way they are sure that it was the right thing to do.

Some are aware, but by far, not enough to make a slight dent. Any mention of replacing an incumbent republican representative with another will get your ass handed to you on a plate.

The problem is not with immigrants. It is politicians who contract road work out to their friends who rip up perfectly good concrete roads only to replace them with garbage asphalt knowing that they will need redone in 6 months to a year once they frost-heave a foot deep. All to make it look like government workers are needed, and working. I would rather see the perfectly fine concrete roads remain and put the workers to work rebuilding all of the closed down parks for the kids. But to the voters and the politicians who want early curfews and brain dead common core kids, parks are a waste of tax money.

I’ve dealt with this for years.
    Last edited by PAF; 06-26-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    It is politicians who contract road work out to their friends who rip up perfectly good concrete roads only to replace them with garbage asphalt knowing they that will need redone in 6 months to a year once they frost-heave a foot deep. All to make it look like government workers are needed, and working. I would rather see the perfectly fine concrete roads remain and put the workers to work rebuilding all of the closed down parks for the kids. But to the voters and the politicians who want early curfews and brain dead common core kids, parks are a waste of tax money.
    Every day that goes by, I become more like D-Fens.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Bingo and that’s exactly how I feel every single time I contact my state reps Grrrrrrrr!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if they think that since high income earners are more mobile they have to resort to something regressive against the working class to have a less mobile tax base
    "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack...that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." "Attack Libya UPDATE 8/13: and Syria"

"We can track down terrorists without trampling on our civil liberties.... the federal government will only issue warrants and execute searches because it needs to, not because it can." "Need to murder UPDATE 8/13: and track citizens" ~ Barack H. Obama

Pennsylvaina has always had one of if not the highest gasoline tax regards who was president or governor.

Still pretty telling what Pennsylvaina residents (a blue state) thought of the Democratic candidate presented to them.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson