Thread: I think some may Like This

I think some may Like This

eelo, a mobile OS and web-services, in the public interest

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-public-in
    In 1998, I created Mandrake Linux, because I was both a Linux fan and didn’t like Windows. It’s been a long time, and I’m very pleased to have been one of the actors who contributed to make the Linux desktop a credible option.

Since then, the smartphone has emerged. And it’s now a “companion of life” for many of us. But I realized this year that I was using an iPhone, a Mac and Google services more and more. I realized that I had become lazy and that my data privacy had vanished.

And I'm definitely not happy with that situation. I’m not happy with this situation because iOS is proprietary and I prefer open-source Software. I'm not happy because Apple is going crazy with their latest products. They are more and more expensive, and not really exciting.

I’m also not happy with Google and others like them. They have become too big and are tracking us by capturing a lot of information about what we do. They want to know us as much as possible to sell advertising. Like millions of others, I’VE BECOME A PRODUCT OF GOOGLE.

I want to stop that, at least for myself. People are free to do what they want. They can choose to be voluntary slaves. But I do not want this situation for me anymore.
    Looks interesting to me.. and I remember Mandrake (pclinuxos, is related)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy crap - they raised 3 times their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Holy crap - they raised 3 times their goal.
    It may be worth a peek,, and some research if you use such a phone..

I am a linux advocate after all.. ( freedom thing)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Definitely giving it a good looking over.
    "The Patriarch"