Thread: Wish me luck on my hunt...

Wish me luck on my hunt...

It's that time of year again. I'm off on my annual deer hunt for 10 days. Tagging White Tail this year which should be fun since I normally hunt Muleys. The area we are going is pretty inaccessible so we are taking the 4x4s in and tent camping.

This is my one time of year to really unplug and get grounded with nature and the universe. No computer. No politics. No bad news. Just the quiet company of fellow good men and a shared goal... a goal that our ancestor's lives depended on that we have largely forgotten. I hunt not only to put food on the table, but to pay homage to my ancestors that were able to survive in conditions we soft fat losers today would crumble to the fetal position if we were faced with it.

See you all when I get back, hopefully more in tune with what really matters and grounded in some basic universal truths.

Peace.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have a great time brother, here's hoping you fill the freezers.

Waiting on some moose and deer meat coming my way shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Have a great time brother, here's hoping you fill the freezers.

Waiting on some moose and deer meat coming my way shortly.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Good hunting, and if you decide not to come back to society, know that you won't miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Good hunting, and if you decide not to come back to society, know that you won't miss anything.
    Yeah but you'll miss me, won't you snookums?

- Diogenes of Sinope

Yes, but I understand now... @oyarde has made sense of things and taught me.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 11-30-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Good luck
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Good hunting . Enjoy . If you hump that meat back to camp a quarter at a time it makes it taste better come nightfall .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-30-2017 at 04:16 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post

Yes, but I understand now... @oyarde has made sense of things and taught me.
    It was a good death .

Good luck and have fun!

What kind of weather is this going to be ? I'm going camping in or around the polar circle around Christmas, needless to say, I'm bringing a tent stove.
    Don't know if it's snowing already where you're at ?
    "I am a bird"

Sounds great! Have fun and be safe.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    k byyyyyyyeeee

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Good luck and have fun!

What kind of weather is this going to be ? I'm going camping in or around the polar circle around Christmas, needless to say, I'm bringing a tent stove.
    Don't know if it's snowing already where you're at ?
    What, no Pizza oven?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

good luck w/ your hunt...

personally, a friend of mine; the local tow truck driver; drops fresh hot roadkill deer at the top of my driveway any time the temps are under 40.

My freezer is stocked silly and I ain't got to hunt $#@!.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

personally, a friend of mine; the local tow truck driver; drops fresh hot roadkill deer at the top of my driveway any time the temps are under 40.

Cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Cheater.
    I'll trade you for his truck driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I'll trade you for his truck driver.
    I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

My uncle picks up roadkill. He even got into a fight with a guy on the side of the road over a deer once. o_O

Good luck on the hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Sounds like fun.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Back to the land of crazy. Got myself a nice little white tail buck. 739 yards! My longest shot ever, so I am happy about that. Being processed now so I can have me some nice backstrap xmas morning!

Uh.... did yall see Bitcoin hit $17,000??? I checked my Coinbase account and had to double check that it was accurate! LMAO

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Back to the land of crazy. Got myself a nice little white tail buck. 739 yards! My longest shot ever, so I am happy about that. Being processed now so I can have me some nice backstrap xmas morning!

Uh.... did yall see Bitcoin hit $17,000??? I checked my Coinbase account and had to double check that it was accurate! LMAO
    Hey-hey! Glad to see ya back and hear you had a successful hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

Outstanding shot! Yeah, I'm going to do up something with some east coast venison for Christmas as well.

Wish I had picked up some when they were a couple hundred bucks each.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Good hunting . Enjoy . If you hump that meat back to camp a quarter at a time it makes it taste better come nightfall .
    Oyarde learning to hunt.
    Last edited by Danke; 12-08-2017 at 10:16 PM.