63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

22 34.92%
  • Yes

25 39.68%
  • Undecided

16 25.40%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you vote for Gary/Weld 2016?

Will you vote for Gary/Weld 2016?

Seeing as we have had allot of discussion might as well throw up a poll.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yes.

Well unless something crazy happens at one of the other conventions and an option besides Trump and Clinton emerges.

I'm just about ready to change my registration to LP.

Personally I have not come to a decision yet. I want to see how Gary/Weld are going to deliver the message in the general, as I wasn't to impressed with their performances at the convention.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Yes, it's the most sensible option for a libertarian this cycle.

There is a good chance that I will sit this one out.

Where is the hell no option?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hell yes. This is the strongest ticket a third party has fielded in at least twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Why?

The LP having its largest ever turnout this year (very likely IMO) would bring lots of media attention.

...which means more people learning about libertarianism.

...which means more people becoming libertarians.

Wouldn't that be a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Why?

The LP doing well this year would bring a lot of media attention.

From Johnson and Weld? O_o
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

No, from hearing about the existence of libertarians for the first time.

There will be news stories beginning with "The Libertarian Party nominee, Gary Johnson, fiscally conservative and socially liberal..."

It doesn't matter what the rest of the story is.

People don't even know we exist, let alone know/care about the difference between the different candidates/factions of the LP.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-29-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Why?

The LP having its largest ever turnout this year (very likely IMO) would bring lots of media attention.

Sure, take our guns and use them to force bakers to make gay Nazi cakes. Modern libertarianism ftw!
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I stopped watching/listening to Tom Woods materials when he started attacking Rand and praising Donald Trump.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a proud and devout Catholic, I cannot. As a proud libertarian, I cannot.

Yes. There's no option that is any better. All other things being equal, it gives the LP a chance to break through the 5% needed to have a seat at the big table in 2020 -- always something to work towards.

I stopped watching/listening to Tom Woods materials when he started attacking Rand and praising Donald Trump.
    What is going on with these folks?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Where is the hell no option?
    No worries I'm gonna make another official poll containing all candidates down the road

RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    No worries I'm gonna make another official poll containing all candidates down the road
    Is it really necessary though? I think we can guess how that one will turn out.

No, from hearing about the existence of libertarians for the first time.

There will be news stories beginning with "The Libertarian Party nominee, Gary Johnson, fiscally conservative and socially liberal..."

It doesn't matter what the rest of the story is.

People don't even know we exist, let alone know/care about the difference between the different candidates/factions of the LP.
    They know we exist, the term is no longer that obscure. It's a damn shame that these two are on the top of the ticket at a time like this, but they have name recognition and "credibility" in the political world. Ugh. I guess I'll wait and see what their message is going forward but as things stand now there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I'll support this ticket.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Is it really necessary though? I think we can guess how that one will turn out.
    Darrell Castle by a landslide?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    What is going on with these folks?
    Trumpertarians.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2044 View Post
    Now that is someone I could vote for, politics never stops sucking.
    "The Patriarch"

Now that is someone I could vote for, politics never stops sucking.
    If he gets ballot access here, I'll gladly cast a vote for him.

If the movement cares more about principles than parties I would think so. I haven't seen much talk of issues from the Johnson camp so far.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

They know we exist, the term is no longer that obscure.
    They may have heard the word, but they don't know what it means, or never think about it.

We need repetition of the name and basic definition of the ideas (like fiscally conservative, socially liberal).

As you know from the recent GOP primary vis a vis Trump's rise, just being in the news cycle (no matter what the story) is a YUGE part of politics.

The number of people who will become more attracted to libertarianism just from it being mentioned more in the news will greatly exceed the number of people who will become disenchanted with libertarianism because of this ticket's weaknesses - for the reason that the overwhelming majority of people won't know enough about libertarianism to even see those weaknesses as you and I do.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-29-2016 at 09:22 PM.

I'd rather write-in James Week II than cast a vote for Johnson/Weld

I doubt it. Have you looked around here lately?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast