Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas

Exclamation Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas

Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...gs-ohio-texas/

CHARLIE SPIERING 4 Aug 2019

President Donald Trump spoke out Sunday about the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, on Sunday, condemning the violence that occurred over the weekend and promising action.

“We love the people,” he said to the press prior to boarding Air Force One for the White House. “Hate has no place in our country.”

The president spoke out about the duel shootings as he left his club in New Jersey for Washington. He expressed his condolences to the people of Texas and Ohio.

“They’re incredible people. They’ve been through a lot,” he said.

He previewed a statement on Monday in response to the shootings.

“On behalf of the first lady and myself, condolences to all,” he said. “We have to get it stopped. It’s been going on for years. Years and years, and we have to get it stopped.”

When asked about gun laws, the president said that he had spoken to a lot of people about possible actions. He added that the shooters were “very seriously mentally ill.”

“We have done, actually, a lot, but more has to be done,” he said.

He also thanked law enforcement for their response to the shootings.

“I also want to thank to the law enforcement in both places for the job they’ve done,” he said. “It’s incredible. I also want to congratulate them.”

The president said that he had spoken to Attorney General William Barr and FBI director Christopher Wray as well as the governors of Texas and Ohio and members of Congress.

“A lot of things are being done right now,” he said.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He better not mean gun control.

We will see.

He is emphasizing mental illness.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

We will see.

Federally Mandated Mental Health Screenings before any gun purchase?

The Drunken Monkey was being very vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

People will look to this "Republican" president, and abide by any legislation that happens down the pike. What people, including gun-toting folks, have long forgotten is that it is up to each and every one of us to defend and protect our Natural Rights - NOT politicians and ridiculous bills that raise the age to 21 in exchange for something else.

It will be time for another Pittsburgh Gun Rally like the one we had a few months ago to show folks how it is supposed to work.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    People will look to this "Republican" president, and abide by any legislation that happens down the pike. What people, including gun-toting folks, have long forgotten is that it is up to each and every one of us to defend and protect our Natural Rights - NOT politicians and ridiculous bills that raise the age to 21 in exchange for something else.

It will be time for another Pittsburgh Gun Rally like the one we had a few months ago to show folks how it is supposed to work.
    Another rally will fix everything!
    But make sure to oppose any bills that actually reduce infringements.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump, 2000
    I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun
    https://theintercept.com/2016/01/27/...sault-weapons/

Another rally will fix everything!
    But make sure to oppose any bills that actually reduce infringements.

Oh, SwordShill! You have convinced me and I have just now had a change of heart! Rather than to rally a few thousand gun-toters to inform those crooked bureaucrats that they can't and won't muck with us and the 2nd Amendment, we are instead going to ask them to pretty please write up some nice legislation that we can all compromise on! And then everything will be daffodils and roses!

You are so smart! Thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cra.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	6834

Oh, SwordShill! You have convinced me and I have just now had a change of heart! Rather than to rally a few thousand gun-toters to inform those crooked bureaucrats that they can't and won't muck with us and the 2nd Amendment, we are instead going to ask them to pretty please write up some nice legislation that we can all compromise on! And then everything will be daffodils and roses!

Name:	cra.jpg 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	6834

You want people to rally to no effect, start your revolution or clam up about bills that are an improvement even if they aren't perfect.

You are a waste of time and a detriment to liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Red flags, ending the gun show/private sale loop hole, and accessory regulations, no doubt.

On top of further monies towards agencies to monitor social media.

In 2000 he said what he said regarding the 2nd Amendment.

"Take the guns first," is more concerning.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Red flags, ending the gun show/private sale loop hole, and accessory regulations, no doubt.

After that bump stock stunt and elections coming up, Trump is playing the 10th Amendment card to keep his grubby fingers clean.

Name:	raise.png 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	6835

I support no gun restrictive legislation . None . Everyone knows none of it will stop a retarded , young democrat from shooting some of you when they wish .
    Do something Danke

We will see.

it will and mental illness background checks and web monitoring.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

I read about the private sale form that must be filed? How is that going to be enforced?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I hope it is just words to placate the enemy news media temporarily until this is forgotten about and that he will not lose his spine to the enemies of liberty in his ear again.

With that said if Trump and his cuckold party try to destroy themselves again by this absolutely stupid idea that they must reach across the aisle to accommodate their enemy that never gives in on anything, then he is done. I do not give a $#@! how bad the Demoncrats are, if he follows through many of us will sit home again like we did with Romney or vote 3rd party. He needs to be reminded of that. Including supporters at his own rally if he brings up the gun issue.

No one wants gun control other than the far left and the news media that are not going to vote for him anyway. So there is absolutely no reason he should be placating any of them.

“On behalf of the first lady and myself, condolences to all,” he said. “We have to get it stopped. It’s been going on for years. Years and years, and we have to get it stopped.”
    Maybe we should make mass-shootings super super illegal, like way more illegal than they already are.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Maybe we should make mass-shootings super super illegal, like way more illegal than they already are.
    The tried and true method
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I hope it is just words to placate the enemy news media temporarily until this is forgotten about and that he will not lose his spine to the enemies of liberty in his ear again.

With that said if Trump and his cuckold party try to destroy themselves again by this absolutely stupid idea that they must reach across the aisle to accommodate their enemy that never gives in on anything, then he is done. I do not give a $#@! how bad the Demoncrats are, if he follows through many of us will sit home again like we did with Romney or vote 3rd party. He needs to be reminded of that. Including supporters at his own rally if he brings up the gun issue.

No one wants gun control other than the far left and the news media that are not going to vote for him anyway. So there is absolutely no reason he should be placating any of them.
    Its election year (almost) my bet is he will cave and reach across the aisle in hopes that the votes he loses will be replaced by moderate left.

Even if he did, he will still be better than Hillary on both domestic controls as well as foreign lobbies Iran/Israel/Saudi fronts.
    On that note , 'Lock her up' slogan is back at MAGA 2020 rallies.

Trump appointed FBI Director Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    07/23/19
    Trump Deputy AG Rosenstein on recent mass shootings: “white terrorism” is more precise

Related

Trump Overturns Obama-Era Law: Bans All Bump Stock Devices

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump
    'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'
    Donald Trump has sparked fury among gun owners and conservatives after repeatedly backing proposals to tighten gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Some people here accuse me of being a paid propagandist for Trump just because I want him reelected because he is the least of all possible goods and nothing better is available at this point but I am not and this is one of my red lines, ANY significant gun control and I will put him in the lesser of two evils camp and say that it would be better for the Demoncrat to win and hope that the frog jumps out of the pot and we either get a massive much stronger political reaction or a civil war.

I think even @dannno would go against him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's certainly possible, I don't see it in the cards though.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"This was a sick person, the person in Dayton was a sick person," Mulvaney told ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl, during an interview Sunday. "No politician is to blame for that. The person who was responsible here are the people who pulled the trigger. We need to figure out how to kind of create less of those kinds of people as a society and not trying to figure out who gets blamed going into the next election."

"Sick people who are intent on doing things like this should not be able to buy guns legally," Mulvaney said.

Pushed by Karl about why the president has downplayed the threat of white nationalism, Mulvaney said white nationalism is not as big a threat as "international nuclear weapons."
    "I don’t believe he’s downplaying it. … Look, this is not the same as international, sort of, nuclear weapons," Mulvaney said. "This is a serious problem, there's no question about it. But they are sick, sick people. And the president knows that. Again, Jon, I don't think it's fair to try and lay this at the feet of the president."

"I don't think it's at all fair to sit here and say that he doesn't think that white nationalism is bad for the nation," Mulvaney added. "These are sick people. You cannot be a white supremacist and be normal in the head."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/crazy-peop...opstories.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

46,000 posts in 3 years breaks down to 42 posts a day, which is nearly two posts an hour from Comrade SwordShill. A perosn spending so much time on here obviously isn't working -no job would allow such a waste of company time- nor does he have a family- no wife would allow her husband to ignore the family for an online forum, same with the roles reversed. So we are left with two options. Either Comrade SS is a pathetic loser with no job, no life, and no friends beyond this forum and dependent on welfare to survive or he is a sock puppet operated by multiple people intent or pushing a narrative or blind loyalty to Republican Party supremacy who actively attacks any real world action not in line with subservience to the Party.

At first I was charitable and thought the former. But now I can see it is almost certainly the latter. Which is why he opposes and mocks people taking real world action as you suggest.

"This was a sick person, the person in Dayton was a sick person," Mulvaney told ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl, during an interview Sunday. "No politician is to blame for that. The person who was responsible here are the people who pulled the trigger. We need to figure out how to kind of create less of those kinds of people as a society and not trying to figure out who gets blamed going into the next election."

"Sick people who are intent on doing things like this should not be able to buy guns legally," Mulvaney said.
    Foxnews seems to have similar view as Trump administration on this:

"You need to seek help if you're a victim of abuse or illness and if you do anything evil, we'll find you, we'll hunt you down and take you out"

Related

A controversial video of President Trump is resurfacing on social media amid two mass shootings

Some people here accuse me of being a paid propagandist for Trump just because I want him reelected because he is the least of all possible goods and nothing better is available at this point but I am not and this is one of my red lines, ANY significant gun control and I will put him in the lesser of two evils camp and say that it would be better for the Demoncrat to win and hope that the frog jumps out of the pot and we either get a massive much stronger political reaction or a civil war.

Any examples of what would count as "significant" gun control?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I can't answer for other folks, but for me, well, basically anything.

EO banning magazines.

"Red Flag" law.

Bans on certain rifles.

You name it...The Drunken Monkey set a goddamn dangerous precedent on the bump stock ban, and it's going to bite us square in the ass.

That's what I see coming: regulatory fatwas dunned onto the everfucked people by Executive Order.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    46,000 posts in 3 years breaks down to 42 posts a day, which is nearly two posts an hour from Comrade SwordShill. A perosn spending so much time on here obviously isn't working -no job would allow such a waste of company time- nor does he have a family- no wife would allow her husband to ignore the family for an online forum, same with the roles reversed. So we are left with two options. Either Comrade SS is a pathetic loser with no job, no life, and no friends beyond this forum and dependent on welfare to survive or he is a sock puppet operated by multiple people intent or pushing a narrative or blind loyalty to Republican Party supremacy who actively attacks any real world action not in line with subservience to the Party.

At first I was charitable and thought the former. But now I can see it is almost certainly the latter. Which is why he opposes and mocks people taking real world action as you suggest.
    More lies and insults.

I never opposed rallies, I opposed rallies to no purpose and opposition to improvements combined with a failure to do anything substantial to achieve the perfection he demands.

But you and he are just here to misdirect and hobble the movement so of course you jump in to agree with him and attack me.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Pretty much anything I can think of.
    The bumpstock ban was bad enough and I can't think of anything else that wouldn't be more significant.

If he does something like banning black paint on guns that might not qualify but that isn't likely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Some republicans are coming out in favor of 'red flag' gun laws now
    Last edited by Son_of_Liberty90; 08-05-2019 at 02:17 AM.

I hope that action hes referring to isn't gun control.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    Some republicans are coming out in favor of 'red flag' gun laws now
    That's not new, George W Bush,Nixon & even Reagan supported Gun Control.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast