Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Stefan Molyneux Defends Trump on "Terrorist families" Remark and Others

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    OK these few days does not count. Try this election cycle. You can be anti Trump I don't care. But I know when I had no bone in the race I didn't post about Romney or McCain. I found them as objectionable as you find Trump.

Now as far as what I said about danno I imagine he would not want to help the anti Trump contingent here. So to ask him to further saturate the forum with anti Trump posts shows a lot of chutzpah.
    I have no bone in the race, but I hate Trump for campaigning against us in 2011. I was able to successfully get people to donate to Ron Paul in spite of Trumps comments in 2011. You could say I have a bone to pick.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    LOL

I'm not judging anyone for defending Trump. Defend him all day long if you want to.

May I ask why you're selling this video so hard? Do you have a man crush on Molyneux or something? I'm not going to watch an hour-long video on him when I already know I can't stand the man (or anything else associated with the alt-right for that matter.)

If you think those of us who don't support Trump are making $#@! up (and letting him troll us into becoming POTUS -- LOL) and if we're not talking enough about his real faults, why don't you start a thread on his real faults instead of spending your time hawking a video on Molyneux?
    You did judge me by saying I supported Trump as a candidate when I have merely been defending some of his statements and positions.

I've made it clear dozens of times where I disagree with Trump. One of those reasons used to be that he wanted to target the families of terrorists. I thought he literally wanted to capture terrorists and then go drone their family or something, which is completely untrue and I withdraw that as a reason I don't support him because it's just not true. His statements on that subject, even in context doesn't really thrill me, I'm just sorta ok with with where he stands on that which is a huge departure from where I thought he stood before. So it's not something that I'm going to go around and keep repeating. He doesn't understand foreign policy like Ron Paul which would be optimal, but he doesn't want to go murder the families of terrorists either.

I disagree with him on privacy, domestic surveillance, Snowden and on the Apple decision. In fact, Stefan made an entire video about the Apple decision, posted a quote from Trump and said, "Not his finest hour..."

I don't know where he stands on a lot of his policies, he can be a bit fluid in his principles and so I don't really trust his judgement and he tends to be a bit authoritarian.

I disagree with Trump on the police state - although Stefan has made some compelling videos against Trayvon Martin and some of the blacks who have been the subject of police brutality, he has actually defended the police in some cases. I have come around on that issue just slightly, if a violent criminal is being violent and the police try to stop him and he grabs the officer's gun I don't know that we should really be defending them - but the war on drugs is the major factor in all this and needs to end. Blacks definitely get the short end of the stick in large part due to the war on drugs.

I disagree with him in the war on drugs, although I'm glad he is ok with states making their own laws.

Stefan Molyneux is extremely intelligent and you are doing a huge disservice to yourself by not looking at the information he puts out and listening to his views. I don't agree with him on everything, he recently put a video out where he had a discussion with a 'drug user' and I think he was completely wrong in that one, I understood what the caller was talking about and some how it went over Stef's head (which is rare, but since Stef hasn't experience any drugs that lead to higher conciousness, I can understand how he could hold those views). I also didn't like his recent video on 9/11 truth - he made some fair points but ultimately I think he is totally wrong on that as well. But he's also a wealth of information and puts out some very thought provoking ideas and discussions. I definitely listen to him more than anybody else on youtube.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-08-2016 at 06:26 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You did judge me by saying I supported Trump as a candidate when I have merely been defending some of his statements and positions..
    Devils advocate gets treated like devils advocate. You shouldn't advocate for the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Devils advocate gets treated like devils advocate. You shouldn't advocate for the devil.
    You shouldn't use deception to try to get people into Heaven.

If Trump is so bad, we should be having an honest discussion about him rather than being deceptive.

By stooping to that level you are actually advocating for Trump because people will recognize it and push back in the other direction.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If Trump is so bad, we should be having an honest discussion about him rather than being deceptive.

By stooping to that level you are actually advocating for Trump because people will recognize it and push back in the other direction.
    Fine. You've pushed back in the other direction. Congratulations. Now why do you keep pushing when 'pushing back' is just as deceptive? Shouldn't we be having that honest discussion instead? Because people don't much care how you get them into Heaven, just as long as you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Because people don't much care how you get them into Heaven, just as long as you do.
    You won't.

Did the people who paid the Priests get into Heaven?

You won't.

Did the people who paid the Priests get into Heaven?
    I don't know for certain and you don't either. But the colonists who blathered sophistry until they were blue in the face in favor of King George III certainly enjoyed the blessings of liberty just as much as those who fought the revolution. Whether they spend the rest of their days bitching about it or not.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Lying about Donald Trump isn't going to keep him from getting elected, in this day and age of information it will get him elected. Capiche?

It didn't use to work that way, that was the paradigm of the mainstream media. That paradigm is over, and you guys are still latching onto it.

@dannno Guilty. I did say that you sound an awful lot like a Trump supporter in spite of your numerous denials. Only you know for sure, but I'll take you at your word.

As for your opinion that I'm doing myself "a disservice" because I won't listen to Molyneux, I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Lying about Donald Trump isn't going to keep him from getting elected, in this day and age of information it will get him elected. Capiche?

It didn't use to work that way, that was the paradigm of the mainstream media. That paradigm is over, and you guys are still latching onto it.
    Donald Trump seems to think lying about Donald Trump will get him elected. And what's more, it did get him the nomination.

And that's a fact.

@dannno Guilty. I did say that you sound an awful lot like a Trump supporter in spite of your numerous denials. Only you know for sure, but I'll take you at your word.

As for your opinion that I'm doing myself "a disservice" because I won't listen to Molyneux, I guess I'll just have to live with that
    I'll read cliff-notes of his opinions if someone cares enough to type 'em out but I just can't stand listening to the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'll read cliff-notes of his opinions if someone cares enough to type 'em out but I just can't stand listening to the guy.
    Near as I can tell, this whole hissy fit is because he saw someone say Trump wanted to kill the families of terrorists, when Molyneux thinks all he wants to do is single them out for unjust persecution--you know, the way the Drug Warriors do through SWAT raids and asset forfeiture.

He hasn't been making sense the whole time, but that actually seems to be the motivation for this whole rant.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You shouldn't admit to honestly knowing Trump better than anyone here does. You need to drink some of your own cool aid.

OK, I will. Those who think opposing Trump means automatically supporting some Democrat are either using the false left/right paradigm to push people's buttons, or blithering idiots.

I addressed what you said. Did it make you happy?
    No you did not. You understood me wrong. I am comparing my self to people here attacking Trump. When I did not like a guy I did not walk around bitching about him all over RPF. You can look at my posting history with McCain and Romney. I bitched here or there but not 24/7. So it makes me believe people like CPUd who bitch here 24/7 have an ulterior motive.

I also don't like the spam nature. You see him just post news links in here without adding any value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I'm sure that I am farther "right" than you are. And it's interesting that the Trumpites are the main ones to call names and insult those that do not agree with them.

Bryan asked us specifically not to support Trump on this forum; the pro-Trumpers ignored that and the anti-Trumpers began posting negative Trump stuff to disprove what was being touted by the Trumpies.

The ridiculous circle-jerk that has come from this makes my head swim.

The pro-Trumpies insist that anti-Trumpers are leftists, SJW, Clinton-lovers, hate America, hate white people, are racists, and on and on.

The most ridiculous stuff that comes out is when an anti quotes Trump on a position and the pros jump around hollering "WHY DIDN'T YOU READ HIS WORDS (or hear them) IN CONTEXT!!!!" when that's exactly what the anti did. When they point out "Look Trump DID say this!" The pros yell but it's out of context, it's not what he meant, the media is trying to destroy him, you're a leftist and anti-America.

And.....the circle jerk continues.
    Well you completely misquote him.

An analogy of this is. Imagine there are two people arguing about will the egg brake or not if it falls. The egg falls and breaks. Then comes in Ender and his friends and start screaming see I said the egg won't break. And then walk around claiming how right they were about how the egg won't break.

You see what you want to see in Trump. You want to see a racist bully and that is what you talk about.

Are you having reading comprehension problems?
    No you are. We don't like anti trump bias. We think it is unfair. We are not going to encourage it. If I had to pick my time between trying to find something I don't like about him (which I have) or defending him I rather defend him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

For the record, I have no ulterior motive and often engage discussion in the threads I post.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Guy calls in saying Stefan is wrong on the subject of defending Trump. His issue is that Trump says he can't reveal his plans. On that you can listen to it your self.

At some point they get into the torture comment. Stefan's argument as follows.

1) Aiding terrorists is being an accomplice.
    2) Family who live with a terrorist know what they are going to do.
    3) Family are accomplices and need to be held responsible.
    4) It is the same as if someone told you they going to commit a crime and you did not report it.
    5) Trump clarified his statement.
    6) Goes off talking about how Russians put down terrorists and how in some respects it works or more to the point what can you really do that is not worse?
    7) If we are discussing these things, philosophy can't help. Stefan is all about prevention. Aka don't start wars.

Now if you want to see the unbutchered version go listen to the man.

No thanks, 2 min of his mouth and I'm ready to break the computer.

People like Molyneux and I don't exist in the same room so I'm not going to voluntarily subject myself to a persona that grates on my nerves.

No thanks, 2 min of his mouth and I'm ready to break the computer.

People like Molyneux and I don't exist in the same room so I'm not going to voluntarily subject myself to a persona that grates on my nerves.
    Well he is a litmus test for me for intelligence.

Well he is a litmus test for me for intelligence.
    Okay then.........

Guy calls in saying Stefan is wrong on the subject of defending Trump. His issue is that Trump says he can't reveal his plans. On that you can listen to it your self.

At some point they get into the torture comment. Stefan's argument as follows.

1) Aiding terrorists is being an accomplice.
    2) Family who live with a terrorist know what they are going to do.
    3) Family are accomplices and need to be held responsible.
    4) It is the same as if someone told you they going to commit a crime and you did not report it.
    5) Trump clarified his statement.
    6) Goes off talking about how Russians put down terrorists and how in some respects it works or more to the point what can you really do that is not worse?
    7) If we are discussing these things, philosophy can't help. Stefan is all about prevention. Aka don't start wars.

Maybe you'd be so kind as to explain to the uneducated how Molyneux makes the unsupported leap from family to knowing accomplice?

Family members act unilaterally and unbeknownst regularly so I'm interested in hearing this paragon of intellectual acumen expound on the statement that predicates the remaining points you've listed.....

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No you are. We don't like anti trump bias. We think it is unfair. We are not going to encourage it. If I had to pick my time between trying to find something I don't like about him (which I have) or defending him I rather defend him.
    Then maybe you should find another place to post for awhile? Because Bryan spelled out that promoting Trump here is against the RPF mission statement.

Maybe you'd be so kind as to explain to the uneducated how Molyneux makes the unsupported leap from family to knowing accomplice?

Family members act unilaterally and unbeknownst regularly so I'm interested in hearing this paragon of intellectual acumen expound on the statement that predicates the remaining points you've listed.....
    Not really you are intellectually lazy to listen to it your self.

But I will oblige.

As far as I remember he bring up san bernardino family which is not being investigated as accomplices.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/san-bern...arook-brother/

He says if you come visit bomb makers house how can you not notice they are making bombs? In san bernardino case the police said bombs were everywhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_S...nardino_attack

According to FBI Director James B. Comey, the FBI's investigation revealed that the perpetrators were "homegrown violent extremists" inspired by foreign terrorist groups. They were not directed by such groups and were not part of any terrorist cell or network. FBI investigators have said that Farook and Malik had become radicalized over several years prior to the attack, consuming "poison on the internet" and expressing a commitment to jihadism and martyrdom in private messages to each other. Farook and Malik had traveled to Saudi Arabia in the years before the attack. The couple had amassed a large stockpile of weapons, ammunition, and bomb-making equipment in their home.

Then maybe you should find another place to post for awhile? Because Bryan spelled out that promoting Trump here is against the RPF mission statement.
    Until he bans me I am going to do as I have been doing. But I know how you want to squash opposition .

edit: Maybe you secretly love Trump.

If you know somebody is going to or wants to blow up a building with a children's primary care center inside and you don't tell anybody, are you partially at fault for the deaths of the children?

But I will oblige.

As far as I remember he bring up san bernardino family which is not being investigated as accomplices.

He says if you come visit bomb makers house how can you not notice they are making bombs? In san bernardino case the police said bombs were everywhere.

Trying to apply isolated instances of behavior by one person to a group of people because of proximity is perfectly fine with me so long as the citizenry may use the same logic and tactics on government employees and her agents...

Legally and morally though this line of thought fails...

Then again the law holding one accountable for anothers actions due to failure to report fails too..........

If you know somebody is going to or wants to blow up a building with a children's primary care center inside and you don't tell anybody, are you partially at fault for the deaths of the children?
    I cannot hold one accountable under current law as it's written if that's what you're asking.

I could however entertain a quid-pro-quo arrangement where the citizens had equal force and effect against government and her agents by force of law....

No you did not. You understood me wrong. I am comparing my self to people here attacking Trump. When I did not like a guy I did not walk around bitching about him all over RPF. You can look at my posting history with McCain and Romney. I bitched here or there but not 24/7. So it makes me believe people like CPUd who bitch here 24/7 have an ulterior motive.

I also don't like the spam nature. You see him just post news links in here without adding any value.

An analogy of this is. Imagine there are two people arguing about will the egg brake or not if it falls. The egg falls and breaks. Then comes in Ender and his friends and start screaming see I said the egg won't break. And then walk around claiming how right they were about how the egg won't break.

You see what you want to see in Trump. You want to see a racist bully and that is what you talk about.

But I will oblige.

Until he bans me I am going to do as I have been doing. But I know how you want to squash opposition .

You don't like spam so you are repeating yourself ad naseum in defense of Trump, page after page, day after day. You think someone has an ulterior motive and you don't like unfair stuff so you refuse to even mention what you don't like about Trump and only defend him. You think people completely misquote him so you misquote him in order to cast him in a positive light. You don't like anti-Trump bias and won't encourage it so you prolong the conversation with half-assed defenses knowing that will just prolong the conversation. You are just trying to be fair which is why you tell people who have given you perfectly good reasons why they won't listen to Molyneux for an hour of their lives they are lying about those reasons, and they are actually intellectually lazy. You act like this hour video actually says something but all you can come up with is in one case there were bombs all over a house so everyone who ever lived with any terrorist must have known what they were up to. And you will push buttons and suggest people secretly love Trump until you are banned for it.

Charmed. Any particular reason you think these things must be done on a site openly dedicated to everything Trump opposes? If it's a paycheck, feel free to tell us. We won't think any less of you than we do of a Craigslist phisher if you do.

Which means we won't think any less of you than we do now.

I don't mind opposing views if I can have a good dialog with someone instead of name calling & insults.

I think the only one I have had that experience with about Trump, personally, is @openfire. I know some have had some headbanging with him, but we got to a point where we could actually have civil dialog. Quite refreshing.
    There is no spoon.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In my best Will Smith voice:

"Well that's about the DUMBEST thing I have eveh heard anyone say...uh...eveh."

The quotes I posted from Trump were from....wait for it....TRUMP. They came from his foreign policy speech which was the big turn-off for me.
    There is no spoon.

Trying to apply isolated instances of behavior by one person to a group of people because of proximity is perfectly fine with me so long as the citizenry may use the same logic and tactics on government employees and her agents...

Legally and morally though this line of thought fails...

Then again the law holding one accountable for anothers actions due to failure to report fails too..........
    Ok individualism and non collectivism don't mean what you pushing in your post. You can be an individualist and non collectivist and use the logic I used to persecute families of terrorists.

It is not an isolated instance it is an illustration. Meaning in these instances it is ok to go after terrorist families.

You don't like spam so you are repeating yourself ad naseum in defense of Trump, page after page, day after day. You think someone has an ulterior motive and you don't like unfair stuff so you refuse to even mention what you don't like about Trump and only defend him. You think people completely misquote him so you misquote him in order to cast him in a positive light. You don't like anti-Trump bias and won't encourage it so you prolong the conversation with half-assed defenses knowing that will just prolong the conversation. You are just trying to be fair which is why you tell people who have given you perfectly good reasons why they won't listen to Molyneux for an hour of their lives they are lying about those reasons, and they are actually intellectually lazy. You act like this hour video actually says something but all you can come up with is in one case there were bombs all over a house so everyone who ever lived with any terrorist must have known what they were up to. And you will push buttons and suggest people secretly love Trump until you are banned for it.

Charmed. Any particular reason you think these things must be done on a site openly dedicated to everything Trump opposes? If it's a paycheck, feel free to tell us. We won't think any less of you than we do of a Craigslist phisher if you do.

Which means we won't think any less of you than we do now.
    I have to repeat my self because of spam. If you see ten spam posts you want to respond to them so they don't bump off what you are saying off the page. Especially when they are repeating.

I don't like that Trump uses manipulation when he argues. I don't like that he is keeping subsidies for the elderly. I don't like that his two only planks that he won't compromise on is jobs and the wall.

Quote me where I misquote him.

Yes I am lazy and I am not going to try and fix the forum, that is the job of moderation. So yeah my defenses are sometimes one liners. I don't have time to drop walls of txt vs copypastah!

I gave one example for Stefan Moleneux because of the same reason. If you are not intellectually lazy you going to listen to him. I gave enough breadcrumbs for the curious.

My theory is that Rloveution attracted a lot of different people. A big portion are lefties or lefty leaning libertarians. Their goals are social/egalitarian/anti authority above fiscal responcibility. Basically late stage empire hedonism.

I have a paycheck from a pharma company where I work and make drugs so that people can live better lives. One day that paycheck will be from entertainment content I plan to produce. Here I paste for free. If I got paid for posting here all of you would be mini SHOs.

I don't mind opposing views if I can have a good dialog with someone instead of name calling & insults.

I think the only one I have had that experience with about Trump, personally, is @openfire. I know some have had some headbanging with him, but we got to a point where we could actually have civil dialog. Quite refreshing.
    In my best Will Smith voice:

"Well that's about the DUMBEST thing I have eveh heard anyone say...uh...eveh."

The quotes I posted from Trump were from....wait for it....TRUMP. They came from his foreign policy speech which was the big turn-off for me.
    Wow so eloquent I am converted. So civil I am speechless.

The quotes I have seen lacked context. At this point all of your names are one jumbled mess for me.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast