Thread: Radar Proof of Buried Nazi Treasure Train - Polish Officials Now Involved

Radar Proof of Buried Nazi Treasure Train - Polish Officials Now Involved

This story is breaking like crazy because the 2 guys that apparently "discovered" the underground train have managed to convince the officials enough that they've been guaranteed a 10% finders fee apparently. Apparently the radar images clearly show a buried armored train.

On the one hand I would suspect it to be empty, as anyone who knew about it would have been tempted to recover the valuables. On the other hand if it isn't empty it makes me wonder what exactly is in there. What was the reason for keeping such a secret (other than not being outed as a Nazi).

Should be interesting. Sounds like a movie already. If there's actually treasure there, would be crazy.

Nazi Gold-Train Hunters Used Map Drawn on Deathbed: Official

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/po...ld-map-n417701

[images and video at link, thought I'm not sure the tunnel images are of the train tunnel in question]

WARSAW, Poland

Two treasure hunters who claim to have found a Nazi train filled with gold in Poland discovered it by following a map drawn up by one of the people who hid it around 70 years ago, a Polish government minister said Friday.

The map was drawn by a man who helped conceal the carriages at the end of World War II and passed it on "on his deathbed," Poland's Deputy Culture Minister Piotr Zuchowski said. He did not give any more details on the map's creator or how the men obtained it.

The deputy minister said he was "more than 99 percent sure that the train is there," but stopped short of confirming the claim that it was filled with gold, weapons and valuable art.

Zuchowski said officials had been able to locate the 100-yard-long military train using ground-penetrating radar.

"We do not know what is inside. Probably military materials, some kind of jewelry, art and archives," he said, calling the find "unprecedented."

He added that the train could contain "valuables, but it could contain also dangerous materials from the Second World War."

Two tipsters, a Polish and a German national, said last week they found the train hidden underground near the Polish city of Walbrzych. The deputy minister said if the find was confirmed the pair would receive a 10 percent finders' fee.

The reported find has sparked a flood of other treasure hunters to flock to the area. But Zuchowski warned people to stay away because the train may be booby-trapped.

"There is a huge probability that the train is mined," he said in a statement Thursday, without providing an explanation for his theory.

The rumor of a lost Nazi train filled with gold is a well-known locally. It apparently went missing inside air raid tunnels during the advance of the Soviet Army towards Berlin in 1945.

Some believe that a top Nazi commander put stolen gold and bank deposits from the city of Wroclaw on a train that left the city.

Zuchowski said he was sure there was such a "gold train" in existence, but did not confirm that it was the one found near Walbrzych.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BREAKING: camera probe brings us the first image of the contents of the buried train

Top men are on it...

men.

Just trying to be logical but if you had a train full of gold and enemy armies closing in on you, why would you spend the time to bury it knowing it would be behind enemy lines soon and not bring it back to your own territory where you could still have it? Probably just rusty (by now) weaponry they didn't want to leave in enemy hands.

Will this be another "Al Capone's Vault"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Just trying to be logical but if you had a train full of gold and enemy armies closing in on you, why would you spend the time to bury it knowing it would be behind enemy lines soon and not bring it back to your own territory where you could still have it? Probably just rusty (by now) weaponry they didn't want to leave in enemy hands.

Well, like I said in OP, I would suspect it's empty (or "junk" as you say), but this year has been pretty weird. We did find a warm blooded fish. Maybe there's something to the legend.

We don't even know whether it's THE "gold train".

What's being peddled as "fact" are three things currently.

1. Officials have radar images of 100+ meter "armored train shaped" object underground.
    2. Map to train was supposedly drawn by Nazi on his deathbed.
    3. There is a legend of a lost train of Nazi gold.

Not a lot, but enough to warrant interest.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 08-28-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Too heavy to move?

In the last months of WWII there were a lot of nazi treasures hidden. They spent quite a lot of time and effort on it. I think it's rather likely that it's filled with treasure. The hardened SS and other factions really thought they were still going to win so they would have gone to great lengths to protect their treasure from capture.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw this about 3 years ago and it blew my mind. Has anyone else heard of this or looked into this (The Black Eagle Trust Fund)?:

http://www.wanttoknow.info/911/black_eagle_trust_fund
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-28-2015 at 03:28 PM.

How generous of the bureaucrats to let them keep 10%.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

If Geraldo does a live broadcast, I aint watching. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Well, I'm waiting for the Holocaust/Jew angle to develop. Which will happen the instant it's determined there is anything valuable there. Then their 10% will be scandalous.

Assuming it's like the Hungarian Train that had things stolen from Jews on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_Gold_Train

In 2001, Hungarian Holocaust survivors filed a lawsuit in a Florida district court against the United States government for the government's mishandling of the assets on the Hungarian Gold Train. David Mermelstein, was the only survivor present at the mediation. In 2005, the government reached a settlement worth $25.5 million. The money was allocated for distribution to various Jewish social service agencies for the benefit of Holocaust survivors.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 08-28-2015 at 03:04 PM.

I dunno. I don't necessarily believe it has treasure in it, but if it was weapons they didn't want the Allies getting ahold of it would take way less time and effort, and achieve far more certain results just to destroy it. "Treasure" makes more sense to bury. Masterpiece paintings that they didn't think should be destroyed, or gold which really can't be destroyed. I think there are other more likely possibilities besides 'treasure,' like maybe evidence of research that would have cast them in a bad light, or a hidden command and control bunker with a secret entrance somewhere, or who knows. I'm not sold on it being a treasure train, but weapons just don't make sense. It's way easier to just destroy weapons than to bury them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Too heavy to move?
    It is a train. Trains have wheels and track. They move. It is what they are designed to do.

He said he was shown an image — albeit blurred — from a ground-penetrating radar that showed the shape of a train platform and cannons, and added he was "more than 99 percent certain that this train exists."
    So the shared image doesn't even show a train or even part of one. I would think they would present better evidence than that. http://news.yahoo.com/radar-detects-...124244439.html
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-28-2015 at 03:41 PM.

It is a train. Trains have wheels and track. They move. It is what they are designed to do.

So the shared image doesn't even show a train.
    It is near tracks.

Are you like the resident skeptic on everything? Why is finding a buried train weird? I mean, sure the claim to treasure being there is open for debate but I don't understand why you're so skeptical of it even being a train. Why would Polish officials go public if they weren't even sure the object was a train?

Another article, this one stating that the site is near old tracks:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ealed-location

Poland’s deputy culture minister, Piotr Zuchowski, said ground-penetrating radar had found images of a buried train near Wałbrzych, in the country’s south-west, on a 4km stretch of railway near the Wroclaw-Wałbrzych line.

That was the Deputy Culture Minister quoted in my post. He thinks there is a train there but wasn't shown any actual train according to his statement. Yes- I do tend to be a skeptic. He saw a train platform and some cannons in the image. But he is "convinced" that there is likely one there. Just hasn't seen any evidence it is really there.

"We will be 100 percent sure only when we find the train," Zuchowski added.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-28-2015 at 03:49 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is probably fine art that the Germans didn't want destroyed. Trains had to be hidden by that point because the situation in the air was such that nothing could be transported back to Germany without serious risk of being bombed. Some of the greatest treasures of Europe were being pulverized in the latter stages of the war. That is what happened to the priceless Amber Room, which was destroyed either by the British via aerial bombing in 1944 or if it survived that, by the Russians themselves in 1945 when they destroyed what was left of Königsberg Castle via shelling.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/wo...in-poland.html

Hunt for Nazi Gold Train Digs Up Nothing but Dirt

Two treasure hunters who were hoping to find a buried Nazi train full of gold, jewels and weapons halted their efforts on Wednesday, after a week of digging turned up no sign of the train.

The excavation began last week outside the town of Walbrzych, Poland, in an area that was part of Germany before World War II. The dig became the subject of intense interest after the treasure hunters claimed last year that they had found what appeared to be a buried rail tunnel that might contain such a train.

According to local lore, the train vanished after it entered a complex of secret tunnels carved by the Germans into the Owl Mountains as they fled the advancing Soviet Army in 1945. But skeptics have said there was no hard evidence to corroborate the story, and the digging near Walbrzych did not change that.

“Unfortunately, the excavation has revealed no train, no tunnel and no trackway in the location where we thought they would be,” Andrzej Gaik, a spokesman for the project, said Wednesday in a telephone interview.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/wo...in-poland.html

Hunt for Nazi Gold Train Digs Up Nothing but Dirt

Thanks for update CaseyJones.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    BREAKING: camera probe brings us the first image of the contents of the buried train

Nah , I know where that is and it is not Poland .

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They should have hired me to negotiate the deal for them .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nah , I know where that is and it is not Poland .
    How many War Nickels did you trade for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    How many War Nickels did you trade for it?
    I could make that deal .LOL

Yes- I do tend to be a skeptic.
    If the US government put out a press release saying that the train was filled with hibernating aliens and that the Russians were about to invade Poland to wake them up and start an intergalactic war on democracy, you would be here quoting it and bolding all the scariest parts as if they were incontrovertible proof.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    In the last months of WWII there were a lot of nazi treasures hidden. They spent quite a lot of time and effort on it. I think it's rather likely that it's filled with treasure. The hardened SS and other factions really thought they were still going to win so they would have gone to great lengths to protect their treasure from capture.
    Yea they thought they were going to win but then we were told that the same hardened SS started hiding the evidence of genocide months before the war ended, digging up mass graves, burning the remains and spreading their ashes to the wind. Could it be that they were also confused about the outcome of the war?