Thread: Pro-Gun LGBT Group: Gays Should Arm Themselves

Pro-Gun LGBT Group: Gays Should Arm Themselves

The Pink Pistols, a national organization dedicated to educating sexual minorities about proper gun usage and safety, has released a statement regarding the recent mass shooting in Orlando. First Speaker of the Pink Pistols, Gwendolyn Patton, made a public plea to the LGBT community urging them to avoid hastily jumping into the swath of anti-gun rhetoric made popular by mass shootings:

“The Pink Pistols gives condolences to all family and friends of those killed and injured at Pulse. This is exactly the kind of heinous act that justifies our existence. At such a time of tragedy, let us not reach for the low-hanging fruit of blaming the killer’s guns. Let us stay focused on the fact that someone hated gay people so much they were ready to kill or injure so many.”

The Pink Pistols have over 45 chapters in the United States. Chapters meet monthly to practice shooting, and offer their educational service to all individuals. Per the organization’s official FAQ editorial, The Pink Pistols are dedicated to “(teaching) *****s to shoot. Then we teach others that we have done so.”

A human being did this,” Gwendolyn continued. “The human being’s tools are unimportant when compared to the bleakness of that person’s soul. I say again, GUNS did not do this. A human being did this, a dead human being.”
    Violence is an epidemic, but guns are not the problem. The Pink Pistols realize this, and are coordinating efforts to end hate crimes directed towards the LGBT community. Taking adequate measures to protect oneself is not a radical objective, and it certainly isn’t unrealistic. While emotions are still stirring in the wake of a tragedy that claimed more than 50 lives, it should be noted with importance that gun violence is actually far lower now than his has been in previous years, and still decreasing. Educational efforts put forth by groups like the Pink Pistols will help raise public awareness of the violence the LGBT community still faces, and also create a more defensible environment for the LGBT community as a whole.
    https://beinglibertarian.com/pro-gun...roup-gays-arm/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Prepare for the rush on fuchsia and chartreuse hand guns.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    They sell a crapload of .380's like that already at my local gun barn .

In case anyone had not noticed , everyone should arm themselves .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They sell a crapload of .380's like that already at my local gun barn .
    Yep, I see 'em at Tulsa gun shows too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Hello Kitty has been adorning weapons for years

in case anyone wanted to know that.

Good.. and good for them.

I had expected something from Pink Pistols..

and they have made a good statement.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I don't know what it is, but something about that logo really appeals to me.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Now that you mention it.....
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Gay Gun Rights Activist: Arm Yourselves

The New York Daily News has used the Orlando attack (as have many, many others) to continue its call for stricter gun controls and to blame the National Rifle Association (NRA), in spite of America's lengthy history of being completely unable to ban access to any product or good its citizens want to get their hands on.

But despite their tunnel vision, let's give credit to them for giving space for a strong opposing opinion. Today they've also got a piece by noted gay, libertarian, gun rights advocate Tom G. Palmer, calling for LGBT citizens to arm themselves. He writes:

Let's get one thing very clear. Gun control advocates disarmed the victims at that night club. Florida law states unequivocally that even a concealed carry permit "does not authorize any person to openly carry a handgun or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose."

That made those people sitting ducks. Legally designated gun-free zones are invitations to killers. They get to rack up kills among defenseless victims without any effective opposition. There is a reason that they seek out such places: Everyone has been disarmed and rendered defenseless by the gun-control movement.

Advocates of gun control think it's a good idea to disarm victims and to advertise where you can find completely defenseless people because there's one primitive magical superstition they share with the murderer Omar Mateen: chanting things makes them true. If you chant the right words, in this case "Guns are forbidden," no one will have guns. And if no one has guns, there will be no murders.
    Palmer isn't just a supporter of gun rights, he helped fight to secure them. Palmer was one of the plaintiffs of the important District of Columbia v. Heller Supreme Court decision. That was one of the Supreme Court decisions that helped establish that the Second Amendment right to self-defense is, indeed, an individual right.

Palmer fought for gun rights on the basis of being able to protect himself from the likes of Orlando killer Omar Mateen. He had previously used a gun in California to scare off a pack of men who threatened him with apparent antigay animus. But D.C. laws prohibited from similarly defending himself (and others) there.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/13/ga...arm-yourselves
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Some enterprising ranges should offer free classes.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

As liberty thinkers, we should really support these efforts and start asking state legislatures to eliminate gun-free zones. We've seen how one person with a gun can kill a lot of people in a very short amount of time. That's just ridiculous.

Some people on this forum think homosexuals should be killed. If they can live with themselves, fine. Gun ownership and the ability to self-defend are liberties extended to all Americans, and this is a good opportunity for liberty thinkers to push back against the President and his phony outrage against guns. The shooter in Orlando should not have been able to buy or own a gun because he was being watched for potential terrorist activity. In the meantime the law abiding rank-and-file American population is subject to illegal searches and limitation of liberty. That should stop immediately.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

DENVER -- Gun sales are surging in the wake of Sunday’s deadly mass shooting in Orlando, Fla. The tragedy is generating new debate over gun control reform and the right to bear arms.

Gun shops typically see a spike in customers after mass shootings. But this time, many are seeing shoppers they’ve never really seen before: More gays and lesbians.

George Horne, the owner of The Gun Room, Denver’s oldest firearms dealer, said Tuesday business is booming at his store.

"For this time of year I’d say its three to four times what we normally have," he said.

Background checks that once took minutes can now take hours. It's a sales surge similar to what happened after Sandy Hook and the Aurora theater shootings.

“We’re not surprised by it,” Horne said.

However, what’s different this time around is the clientele. Mike Smith, a firearms instructor in Colorado Springs, is one of many closely tracking the sudden surge in gays and lesbians buying weapons.

“I think right now because of what happened, people are looking for answers,” he said. “You walk into a gun shop and you expect to see people, frankly, who look like me. I think we forget we’re a country of all people, not just people who fit that predetermined mold.”

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.

Dozens of new chapters are springing up, including one Smith is creating in Colorado Springs. He said it’s something he feels compelled to do, even though he’s heterosexual.

“I look at it as a disenfranchised minority that needs someone who’s willing to say I’m a resource who’s here and willing to help,” he said.

Another chapter also appears to be forming in the Denver area. The Pink Pistols typically meet on a regular basis at firing ranges to practice shooting.

For more information Smith’s defense instruction group and his firearms courses, he can be reached at 719-286-9451.
    http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales...ando-shooting/

Good for the pink pistols. I hope their organization grows and becomes a national powerhouse...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    As liberty thinkers, we should really support these efforts and start asking state legislatures to eliminate gun-free zones. We've seen how one person with a gun can kill a lot of people in a very short amount of time. That's just ridiculous.

Some people on this forum think homosexuals should be killed. If they can live with themselves, fine. Gun ownership and the ability to self-defend are liberties extended to all Americans, and this is a good opportunity for liberty thinkers to push back against the President and his phony outrage against guns. The shooter in Orlando should not have been able to buy or own a gun because he was being watched for potential terrorist activity. In the meantime the law abiding rank-and-file American population is subject to illegal searches and limitation of liberty. That should stop immediately.
    Yep.

Yell a narrative, or someone will yell it for you.

Good stuff.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like Pink Pistols is taking off. The other article I posted was from Denver, this one's from Atlanta.

Gun sales in metro Atlanta jump days after Orlando terror attack

Following the shooting of more than 100 people inside a gay nightclub in Orlando, many are rushing to buy guns. Even members of Atlanta's LGBT community are arming themselves.

Metro Atlanta gun stores say AR-15s, the same gun used in the Orlando terror attack, are flying off the shelves.

A national group called Pink Pistols, geared toward gun advocacy for the LGBT community says its membership is jumping by the day.

Atlanta's chapter is organizing a meeting next week after the membership more than tripled.

Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna brings out AR-15s on a car, restocking by the dozen. The gun retailer reports selling 15 AR-15s an hour, when their norm is about four or five a day.

The store owner says the current boost in sales is not just due to people seeking protection, but a fear that the AR-15 could soon be banned.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atla...tack/349085098

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Girl on right needs some schooling on how to hold the damned gun properly. Look what she's doing with her thumbs.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's because you are imagining the design being carved into a woman's public area with wax and sugar.

You are a sick, disgusting little sexist worm-man and it is a privilege to know you.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.