Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox News pulls Judge Napolitano over his Trump wiretap claims

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The question not addressed in the OP is whether the judge's assertions are true
    If they are true, then the ball's in his court to fight back.

My guess is that he got swept up in something without taking enough of a critical look at whatever his source was.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Judge Nap Out at Fox News!

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03...apping-claims/

Fox News’ Judge Napolitano has been benched indefinitely over wiretapping claims

UPDATED: Mediaite reports that a Fox News “source” is denying this report. TheBlaze has reached out to Fox News for clarification and will update this story further when and if the company releases an official statement on the matter.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

According to the LA Times, Fox News judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano has been suspended from the network due to his comments centered around President Donald Trump’s wiretapping claims.

While the LA Times did not receive a statement from Fox about Napolitano’s status, anonymous sources claim that it will be a while before we see the judge again.

The controversy began with a tweet from Trump which stated that the Obama administration had him wiretapped. This lead to Napolitano claiming that three “intelligence sources” had told Fox News that President Barack Obama had bypassed using any U.S. security agencies by going to British intelligence agencies, so there would be no fingerprints. The British government absolutely denied these claims.

When both Trump and Press Secretary Sean Spicer began to quote Napolitano’s completely unsourced claims, Fox News host Shepherd Smith had to weigh in on the controversy and assure audiences that Fox News cannot confirm Napolitano’s claims due to having no evidence to support them.

Napolitano is standing by his comments however, saying he “reported what the sources told me, reported it accurately and I do believe the substance of what they told me.”
    Last edited by jllundqu; 03-21-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Let it all BURN
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Judge Nap is most likely correct.

I trust Judge Napolitano over FOX news channel any day!

I’d guess Foxnews is following orders in not backing up his statement and Napolitano is likely under contract and not permitted to comment without their approval.

How many here, remember the time the fox business channel ran dead air - TOTALLY DEAD AIR! - for 20 or 30 minutes - rather than allow Judge Nap to interview Ron Paul - just before the Iowa straw poll - on his show Freedom Watch? What kind of station does that?!

It was during Ron Paul’s 2012 campaign. The earlier part of the show went fine, but just after a commercial break - when the judge had said Ron Paul would be up next - everything went dead. There was nothing but a Fox promo photo on the screen and no dialog! I don’t think any more of the show was shown that night.

Later, there was never any explanation or apology about what happened! No one reported on it. I’d assume Judge Nap’s contract prevented him from saying anything about it. It was shocking that they chose to just ignore such a thing.

I can’t remember the exact date this happened, but there is definitely a thread about it on this forum from that time. (I haven’t had any luck re-finding that thread. Why does the search function suck so bad? If anyone can provide a link to it, I’d appreciate it. Never stopped wondering what happened that night.)

Well, I guess it's better to be fired from a fakestream news organization than being found dead in a hotel room with a pillow over your face.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It all revolves around plausible deniability. Think of it as money laundering but with intelligence.
    I question the intelligence.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I question the intelligence.
    Goonerment intelligence is a contradiction in terms...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I trust Judge Napolitano over FOX news channel any day!
    #IStandWithJudgeNap

Trump and everyone else is wiretapped... All phones and data are effectively wiretapped and recorded... All mics and cameras are surveillance equipment. Not sure why this wasn't the obvious response to questions on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Nap gets too caught up in sensationalism. That keeps him from living up to his potential.

Then again, that's also why he's achieved the level of success as a TV personality that he has.
    Nap is a good, moral, and shockingly naive human being...

Really, Even Voluntary Omissions Lack Utility. This Is Only Nonsense: thrice.over.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last time I heard from Andrew, he was busy practicing how to jump the shark. Good to know that he is still has a job and still relevant

Quote Originally Posted by MallsRGood View Post
    Nap is a good, moral, and shockingly naive human being...

Really, Even Voluntary Omissions Lack Utility. This Is Only Nonsense: thrice.over.
    This^^^^^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12