Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Is Meaningless With The Wrong Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post

I've said for years, and no one has listened to me, that there is a reason that the atheists and all the 'religious' people here are in league against me when I talk about the Biblical view of salvation. Many times, the atheists and the religious people have the EXACT same objections.
    Imagine that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I believe differently. One of the gratest beliefs I have is that you rejoice in bringing disharmony to a "Peace through Religion" forum.
    In a sense your right. But every Christian loves when the truth of the Bible causes division among unsaved people, because without division, truth can never be.

Think about it, in an environment of unanimity, or an environment of subjectivity, how could one ever test his opinions to see what is true or defensible?

Clarity comes from opposition. How did you become a libertarian? Was it by continuing to watch Fox News every day? Or did someone create a division in your mind by linking you to a Rothbard article? Think about it.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 06-18-2017 at 06:56 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would rather a hundred athiests, agnostics, Muslims, Buddhists, peyote eating Natives, give me prayer to the creator than a single from yourself.

Don't ever do me that particular "favor."

Imagine that.
    It's for a reason. Roman's chapter 9 explains it.

I would rather a hundred athiests, agnostics, Muslims, Buddhists, peyote eating Natives, give me prayer to the creator than a single from yourself.

Don't ever do me that particular "favor."
    I'm sure you would.

It's for a reason.
    There is a term. It's called "preaching to the wrong choir." And on these forums it surely shows that you are.

Do not tell me that my prayers will meet a soundless wall unless I believe as you do.

Many here have given prayer for me, or more directly my mother and father.

And I'm so grateful for it. The prayer carried not just me, but them.

So, no, I'm not gonna let you disparage the prayers of my friends on these forums as useless.

In fact, I'm going to ask that this thread be closed.

There is a term. It's called "preaching to the wrong choir." And on these forums it surely shows that you are.

Do not tell me that my prayers will meet a soundless wall unless I believe as you do.

Many here have given prayer for me, or more directly my mother and father.

And I'm so grateful for it. The prayer carried not just me, but them.

So, no, I'm not gonna let you disparage the prayers of my friends on these forums as useless.

If you believe that God wants every person equally to be saved, Jesus died for every person, and God gives the exact amount of grace to every person.... Why pray for them to be saved or change?

What more can God do? He's already doing everything He can.

Why? You want Fox News to be the only channel available? I thought you had more integrity than that.

I'm not elect so I'm going to Hell. Maybe I should follow and pray to Satan.

Thanks Sola for turning me onto the dark lord of Hell and devil worship.

Why? You want Fox News to be the only channel available? I thought you had more integrity than that.
    If a white supremacist came unto these forums with the thread title "Ya'll got it wrong. n i ggers is n i ggers and that's how it is. Don't be a n i ggers lover because that is false."

Yep. That's pretty much where you have gone with your bull$#@!.

And why I asked for the thread to be closed.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like SF's account has been restricted again. That didn't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Looks like SF's account has been restricted again. That didn't take long.
    Never asked for an account restriction. Just that this thread was closed.

I have too many friends here, from all walks of personal belief, that said prayers for my dad when he broke his hip. That said prayers for me.

I'm sorry, don't care who you are, but you are not gonna take their heartfelt calls for mercy away from me.

You must be a prophet. Considering his history, he's been relatively behaving himself compared to past sprees that he's had. I've never seen anyone banned and brought back so often. Sola should be a Hindu as often as he re-incarnates on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post

I wasn't elected, either. Hopefully, there's a write in option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Plot Twist:

Sola and Truth Warrior aka Ronin Truth turn out to be the same guy.

I think if one actually believed what he claims to believe it would be incredibly freeing. Of course, I think his posts here indicates that he doesn't really believe it.

I'm still not totally sure what he's trying to accomplish except gloating over the damned. Almost a Godly Sadism.

Hope the door didn't hit him on the way out.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm still not totally sure what he's trying to accomplish except gloating over the damned. Almost a Godly Sadism.
    Sadism, yes; but I don't think there's anything godly about SF. He twists the Bible into his personal interpretations, ignoring the most important teachings, including the Golden Rule.

One thing is for sure. The forum is more active when he is around.

I actually can respect this amount of ignorance from the OP. According to SF, I am LITERALLY going to burn in hell for eternity... so for people that believe that, I can respect them trying to 'save' me from my evil ways. Any Christian that doesn't try to proselytize and convert the wicked isn't really a Christian... lmao.

That being said, I will pray to whatever gods may be, the universe, or Joe Pesci if I choose. I don't believe in the 'holy trinity', original sin, or any of the other nuanced and heavily edited tales from the bible.

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I wasn't elected, either. Hopefully, there's a write in option.
    Option? Whoa. That suggests we need a poll, which is always good and wholesome.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Never asked for an account restriction. Just that this thread was closed.

I have too many friends here, from all walks of personal belief, that said prayers for my dad when he broke his hip. That said prayers for me.

I'm sorry, don't care who you are, but you are not gonna take their heartfelt calls for mercy away from me.
    And here's the difference: God is always at work. Our job in prayer is to join where he is acting.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Sadism, yes; but I don't think there's anything godly about SF. He twists the Bible into his personal interpretations, ignoring the most important teachings, including the Golden Rule.
    The Golden Rule isn't biblical (as far as I know). I enjoy this forum because I learn quite a bit. I enjoy Sola as long as he debates. Arguments are healthy. There is a wealth of knowledge among the devout here. Sola, Ter, Natural Citizen, Donnay, Moostraks, HB, Superfluous Man, and many others that I've failed to mention are excellent resources.
    It's difficult for me to appreciate someone's opinion when it is cloaked in insults or demeaning language. For me, it's a red flag, telling me that the poster's views don't hold up on their own merit. Inflammatory posts invite inflammatory responses, and apologetics are lost in personal exchanges. FWIW.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Aw, missed him again.. and this thread he started with such contradiction..

that is a logical knot that needs untying .

Prayer is pointless to predestination,, as it literally everything else.
    It is set and unchangeable and nothing can be done about it.
    You have no choice in anything and your prayer will make no difference to preordained events.

Pretty freakin' sad.

and I have noticed a distinct lack of joy in those that ascribe to this idea.

Quite the opposite of what he claimed in the OP.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why do universal atonement, free will advocates pray for others?

In your view, Jesus has died for every man, and God has given the exact amount of grace to every person. God equally wants every person to be saved.

So why do you pray for them to be saved? What more can God do? Apparently, He has already done everything He can do. He can't violate their wills, right? That would be wrong of God to do, right? So why pray for people?

Prayer doesn't make sense in the universal atonement, free will religion.
    Translation: I have peace through the miracle of faith in Jesus Christ, just not sure how to best relate that to other sinners -saved sinners or not.

Law and Gospel? No problem. Being all things to all people (relating) while delivering Law and Gospel? That is something I struggle with too.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The Golden Rule isn't biblical (as far as I know).
    Matthew 7:12:
    Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets.

Luke 6:31:
    And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Leviticus 19:18:
    Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Galatians 5:14:
    For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

This is just a short list.

Matthew 7:12:
    Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets.

Luke 6:31:
    And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Leviticus 19:18:
    Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Galatians 5:14:
    For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

This is just a short list.
    Thank you for the correction!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Posting one's religious belief is meaningless if that belief is that nothing you do will change your destiny...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast