Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthing aka Grounding

Earthing aka Grounding

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...el-better.aspx

Do you notice you feel better when you walk barefoot on the Earth? Recent research has explained why this happens.

Your immune system functions optimally when your body has an adequate supply of electrons, which are easily and naturally obtained by barefoot contact with the Earth.

Research indicates that electrons from the Earth have antioxidant effects that can protect your body from inflammation and its many well-documented health consequences. For most of our evolutionary history, humans have had continuous contact with the Earth.

It is only recently that substances such as asphalt, wood, rugs, and plastics have separated us from this contact.
    It is known that the Earth maintains a negative electrical potential on its surface. When you are in direct contact with the ground (walking, sitting, or laying down on the earth's surface) the earth's electrons are conducted to your body, bringing it to the same electrical potential as the earth. Living in direct contact with the earth grounds your body, inducing favorable physiological and electrophysiological changes that promote optimum health.

There is an emerging science documenting how conductive contact with the Earth, which has is also known as Earthing or grounding, is highly beneficial to your health and completely safe. Earthing appears to minimize the consequences of exposure to potentially disruptive fields like "electromagnetic pollution" or "dirty electricity."

Some of the recent evidence supporting this approach involves multiple studies documenting Earthing's improvement in blood viscosity, heart rate variability, inflammation, cortisol dynamics, sleep, autonomic nervous system (ANS) balance, and reduced effects of stress.

I used a "make a plug" and only attached a wire to the ground post and stripped enough wire to make a "ring" or "bracelet" on the other end for when I am sitting around or sleeping.

Note: Do not touch a live wire if you are grounding with a homemade wire or you are toast. Online products you can buy have resistors in them that prevent you from being at risk. - JL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lots of good studies: https://www.groundology.co.uk/scientific-research

Pretty fascinating stuff. I've been grounding for about 5 or 6 weeks. Improved mood, less inflammation, and less pain in joints.

I recently got a deep gash on my hand. After 24 hours it had sealed up completely and there was zero pain when pressing on the site of injury.

Z e r o.

Lance Armstrong's Tour de France team would ground overnight to improve their physical performance and heal from road rash injuries faster. Time link to before and after photos of 5 day old injury.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZIZ5UUoOE&t=2m17s

Double the yield in grounded potted jalepeno plants. Done in a study by Brown University.
    https://browntia.files.wordpress.com...iam-gasner.pdf

Evidently it thins your blood and circulation is improved.
    https://file.scirp.org/pdf/JCDSA_2014111211461709.pdf

Good little documentary (15 minutes) with Dr. Mercola.

Dr. Mercola has said that he grounds for 95% of the day.

I hate shoes and am almost always barefooted. I have a special earthing patch of grass that I walk in and do my 5 rites almost every morning including in winter.

Wow, I didn't realize all of the benefits of grounding. I just always did it for the calming effect it has on me.
    Very interesting stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I hate shoes and am almost always barefooted. I have a special earthing patch of grass that I walk in and do my 5 rites almost every morning including in winter.
    You can ground overnight and essentially fight inflammation for 7-8 hours of the day.

Silver threaded sheets plug into your electrical outlet. It sounds nuts, but got my mom an earthing sheet and after 3 days her hip pain disappeared.

I have better luck using 240 volt outlets over 120 volt ones.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Not sure if serious because Danke.

However, I have read some people who run a grounding rod directly to ground have reported a better feeling compared to grounding in an outlet.

I want to say when I sit outside with feet on ground it feels better than when I ground overnight. Not sure tho...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    You can ground overnight and essentially fight inflammation for 7-8 hours of the day.

Silver threaded sheets plug into your electrical outlet. It sounds nuts, but got my mom an earthing sheet and after 3 days her hip pain disappeared.
    I have been earthing most of my life. I broke my neck when I was a child and I totally believe earthing kept me from becoming disabled. As I said I am just about always barefooted. I have very few aches and pains for someone my age and for as many broken bones as I have had. I am way too cheap to buy a sheet that cost over a hundred dollars.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have been earthing most of my life. I broke my neck when I was a child and I totally believe earthing kept me from becoming disabled. As I said I am just about always barefooted. I have very few aches and pains for someone my age and for as many broken bones as I have had. I am way too cheap to buy a sheet that cost over a hundred dollars.
    More anecdotal evidence...

You can get a small one for $40.
    https://www.amazon.com/Earthing-Grou...dp/B07KQ1SYXX/

My Tens unit just runs on cheap ass dollar store batteries but they do not last very long .
    Do something Danke

I just use a box with dirt in it, dip my feet on it while watching tv.

The health and mood effects really are quite extraordinary
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My Tens unit just runs on cheap ass dollar store batteries but they do not last very long .
    Most grounders (earthingers?) don't have the health beneficial luxury of sleeping on a dirt floor in a tent on a reservation as you.
    Last edited by Danke; 05-09-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Most grounders (earthingers?)
    Earthers? Earthlings? (your alien friends may use that to refer to all humans though)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Walking is also a great treatment for Plantar fasciitis since we are not meant to walk on nothing but perfectly flat concrete in shoes all day long. Real terrain is highly unpredictable so your muscles adjust and adaptively grow stronger. Shoes do nothing but act like a wheelchair for your feet; know anyone that ever prepared for a marathon by sitting on a couch? Yeah, didnt think so.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Great info!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I just use a box with dirt in it, dip my feet on it while watching tv.

The health and mood effects really are quite extraordinary
    Not sure that is completing the circuit. lol

Although... Maybe it could work as a capacitor if you changed out the dirt often enough.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The human body is a capacitor and needs to be unloaded now and then. It's a real thing.

Most grounders (earthingers?) don't have the health beneficial luxury of sleeping on a dirt floor in a tent on a reservation as you.
    In the old days , the Army did not even advertise sleeping in the dirt as a health benefit . Probably why I am in such great health now .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Great info!
    Have you come across this info before? We had three semi-related posts on RPF about this topic.

For as impactful as this appears to be, I'm stunned by how little widespread it is.

Have you come across this info before? We had three semi-related posts on RPF about this topic.

For as impactful as this appears to be, I'm stunned by how little widespread it is.
    No I have not. I have been a city girl all my life so I never had the notion to walk barefoot except when I was at the beach and I never really made the connection. However, now, it makes perfect sense to me.

In the winter, I am always getting shocks...especially when I do laundry. Now I know why, I wasn't grounded.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    No I have not.
    Never thought I would see this day. This makes my week.

JoshLowry pretty much disappears/abandons us for a few years and returns a full blown dirty hippie! Probably took up playing the didgeridoo and drums in his time away.

Never thought I would see this day. This makes my week.
    Thanks to your info Josh, I will be walking more in my barefeet.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    JoshLowry pretty much disappears/abandons us for a few years and returns a full blown dirty hippie! Probably took up playing the didgeridoo and drums in his time away.
    You're all extra dirty hippies now.

Lots of stories, but that time will come. Whoa we have new emoticons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're all extra dirty hippies now.

Lots of stories, but that time will come. Whoa we have new emoticons.
    Yes, the Texan was joking and I was also joking back at him. I ground all the time, I hardly ever wear a shirt or shoes unless I have to. I wouldn't wear clothes either if I could get away with it. But here in the southwest running nude in the sun can be painful in certain areas. I have found that one of those tiny cocktail drink umbrellas can help with this.

I regularly fly over the North Pole. I feel different the closer I get to the ionosphere. I think it has helped my sex life during my layovers in Asia.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Those foolish homeless people often try to find something to lie on to sleep so they are elevated from the ground.
    Maybe they can "reduce" their high mortality rates by sleeping on the ground?!?

I sometimes see people walking or even running (this morning) on bare feet.
    Don't they get cut by small stones and glass?

As a rule I don't "believe" in personal stories for "evidence" on any treatment.
    Isn't there something that looks a little more "scientific"?
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

I think it has helped my sex life during my layovers in Asia.
    You're not the only one on the net making that claim. Although this might be one of your throwaways.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Earthing/co...success_story/

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Those foolish homeless people often try to find something to lie on to sleep so they are elevated from the ground.

As a rule I don't "believe" in personal stories for "evidence" on any treatment.
    My brother rarely wears shoes.

Feet get tough that way. So pebbles etc, don't bother him. That is what helps Injuns like @oyarde sneak around at night stealing the white man's goods.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Yes, that's an interesting point.

If you like it, you don't have to go around barefoot. Get a silver threaded sheet and ground overnight after you have tried it out for yourself.

Go ground for 35-40 minutes and make up your own mind. What's the worst that will happen to you?

Understood, but I linked you to a video of Tour de France athletes who ground.

I linked you to study on potted plants that produced twice the yield when grounded.

I linked you to study that points a thermal camera at grounded vs ungrounded subjects.

There is also a link to about 30 or 40 studies

Throwaway my anecdotal evidence and you still have a mountain of literature.

This is not going to be promoted by the mainstream because it is free.

Goldman Sachs asks in biotech research report: 'Is curing patients a sustainable business model?'

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/11/gold...ess-model.html

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast