Thread: Kid tells Ted Cruz "you suck", Cruz recommends spanking

Kid tells Ted Cruz "you suck", Cruz recommends spanking

Cruz has a point in his response about the boys behavior but then blows it in promoting the kid should be spanked at a time another study came out in last weeks news cycle about the long term effects of spanking.

Yet Another Study Confirms That Spanking Is Bad For Your Kids
    http://www.wkbw.com/newsy/yet-anothe...-for-your-kids
    Researchers looked at 50 years of data from 75 different studies involving more than 160,000 children and determined that spanking children actually makes them more likely to act up again.

Those kids also tend to struggle with anti-social behavior, mental health issues and determining right from wrong later in life. Study author Elizabeth Gershoff said those effects were similar to those in children who suffered physical abuse.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His follow up about Donald Trump makes me feel like it was a plant. Hate Trump, hate Cruz, just saying. Seems contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    His follow up about Donald Trump makes me feel like it was a plant. Hate Trump, hate Cruz, just saying. Seems contrived.
    Possible and may explain his intentional confrontation with Trump supporters in another thread. He is doing everything he can to keep him in the news cycle.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Good for Cruz for standing up against that PC study. I'm sick of Trump supporters and all their political correctness.

Ted Cruz isn't very presidential in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    ...then blows it in promoting the kid should be spanked at a time another study came out in last weeks news cycle about the long term effects of spanking.
    You must be a SJW.

In b4 @tod evans

"I am a bird"

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who in the Sam Hell does Cruz think he is trying to tell a parent how to discipline his own kid?

Oh wait.................Cruz was a prosecuting attorney, for years! Telling other people how to behave and punishing them is his strong suit.....

$#@! Cruz!

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My friend who likes Trump told me all about how pro spanking he was and how that study was wrong when we were talking about it last week. Ted Cruz doesn't say $#@! like this for nothing.
    I'm pro-spanking but dead set against anybody else telling me when to spank my own kid...

Spanking isn't the issue for me, it's some idiot in a suit thinking it's okay for them to tell anybody how to treat their child.......

Cruz is the worst.

My friend who likes Trump told me all about how pro spanking he was and how that study was wrong when we were talking about it last week. Ted Cruz doesn't say $#@! like this for nothing.
    Can you re-word this post?

Your friend who likes Trump told you about how pro-spanking [he] (who??) was and how that study was wrong...???

Trump does not spank his children, fwiw.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Can you re-word this post?

Your friend who likes Trump told you about how pro-spanking [he] (who??) was and how that study was wrong...???

Trump does not spank his children, fwiw.
    Basically i was discussing a recent study about spanking with the only person I know in real life who supports Trump.

Basically i was discussing a recent study about spanking with the only person I know in real life who supports Trump.
    Are they aware that Trump is a non-spanker?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Cruz: "You've said something I don't like, you should be harmed"

You don't deserve respect just for being old. I would high five that kid.

Winners get to do what they want.
    Last edited by spudea; 05-02-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    ...dead set against anybody else telling me when to spank my own kid...

Spanking isn't the issue for me, it's some idiot in a suit thinking it's okay for them to tell anybody how to treat their child.......
    ^This. Kind of irresponsible for Cruz to when you think about it.

He's right you know

Cruz has been done for a while now, this reeks of a desperate attempt to try and cater to idiots. I'm a pro-spanker when it is called for, and I'd probably get medieval on my own kid if he pulled something like this, but Cruz did not make himself look good here. Selecting a running mate while on the verge of losing was idiotic, but this is a whole new level.

Cruz doesn't know how to handle these situations.

Trump accuses people of being from central casting.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Vox | The political science that explains Trump

I thought this was interesting, I was researching into this so called authoritarian test. There seems to be a lot of contention about the methodology. First there was an F test, then an RWA scale. The one they referenced about child rearing values seems like its answered most honestly