Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AOC: '$1200 is not enough'

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am sure that your business in Fantasyland is just packed with customers who see that you are both a virus and quarantine free zone. You should hold seminars and charge people whose businesses are failing so they too can rake in the cash.
    I have been frequenting the local coin shops. Lots of customers who don’t don the mask/gloves/stay your distance. We exchanged coinage back and forth, I was lucky enough to find what I went in for.

I stopped at the Sheetz for a coffee, all machines shut off until further notice due to the scare. So I went into Duncan Donuts directly next door and had a better coffee, nobody there donned mask/gloves/stay your distance.

Yesterday I needed stuff for the animals. I nor the workers donned said mask/gloves/stay your distance. In fact I brought my animal in with me and made small talk with others who did the same.

Today I drove through the McD’s for a coffee, the person donning mask/gloves/stay your distance gave me my coffee in a cardboard box so as not to touch me or the cup and asked that I put the money in a cardboard box. Once the money was received the person took it out of the box to put into the drawer, as if me putting it directly into hand would have made a difference.

Not all businesses fall for the rhetoric.

Common sense, but in my opinion too many kids and adults who provoke it use that anti-bacterial lotion like it’s going out of style. That and “social distancing” will ensure they never build a proper immune system.

Fantasyland. Nope, today’s screwed up world is quite the reality. I guess you’re totally on board with that.

As for my business, it is life as usual. Anybody who knows me knows without question that I would not have it any other way ;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I

Common sense, but in my opinion too many kids and adults who provoke it use that anti-bacterial lotion like it’s going out of style. That and “social distancing” will ensure they never build a proper immune system.
    I was just telling my parents in their 70s that the other day the same thing. They should expose themselves to something that has 10% chance of killing them and will give them permanently diminished lung function to build up their immune system. I said who cares if a million people in the US die. Got to go some way.

And then I let them know that I saw a doctor/chiropractor on Youtube, who has a degree from a college in the Caribbean that isn't accredited by the brain washing US, say that the Coronavirus is no big deal. It's just the flu. Nothing to worry about. People just toughed the Spanish Flu out. Bunch of weaklings today.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I was just telling my parents in their 70s that the other day the same thing. They should expose themselves to something that has 10% chance of killing them and will give them permanently diminished lung function to build up their immune system. I said who cares if a million people in the US die. Got to go some way.

And then I let them know that I saw a doctor/chiropractor on Youtube, who has a degree from a college in the Caribbean that isn't accredited by the brain washing US, say that the Coronavirus is no big deal. It's just the flu. Nothing to worry about. People just toughed the Spanish Flu out. Bunch of weaklings today.

Ah. The life of a trust fund baby...
    I have been frequenting the local coin shops. Lots of customers who don’t don the mask/gloves/stay your distance. We exchanged coinage back and forth, I was lucky enough to find what I went in for.

I stopped at the Sheetz for a coffee, all machines shut off until further notice due to the scare. So I went into Duncan Donuts directly next door and had a better coffee, nobody there donned mask/gloves/stay your distance.

Yesterday I needed stuff for the animals. I nor the workers donned said mask/gloves/stay your distance. In fact I brought my animal in with me and made small talk with others who did the same.

Today I drove through the McD’s for a coffee, the person donning mask/gloves/stay your distance gave me my coffee in a cardboard box so as not to touch me or the cup and asked that I put the money in a cardboard box. Once the money was received the person took it out of the box to put into the drawer, as if me putting it directly into hand would have made a difference.

Not all businesses fall for the rhetoric.

Fantasyland. Nope, today’s screwed up world is quite the reality. I guess you’re totally on board with that.

As for my business, it is life as usual. Anybody who knows me knows without question that I would not have it any other way ;-)

I was going to say something too. There are two groups of people oblivious to this. People who already have a ton of money and aren't productive any longer (if they ever were) and super broke people happy to see the world come down to their level.

The look of despair on the owner of one of the businesses that I frequent and is still open is palpable.

I am usually optimistic but I have a hard time believing life will be back to normal for most businesses any time soon if ever. It is very easy for me to imagine towns of boarded up commercial real estate for years.

And the people who think charity is going to cover the shortfall of 30% unemployment are a special brand of stupid.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 04-02-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Trust fund baby? LOL

What ever gave you that impression?

Well RJB, I guess this forum is like a family... some differences here, some there... if you can’t take out frustrations on them, what’s the sense of having them ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

I won’t let my very aged mother take any chances. Not just this “pandemic”, but any time something is going around.

Trust fund baby? LOL

What ever gave you that impression?

Well RJB, I guess this forum is like a family... some differences here, some there... if you can’t take out frustrations on them, what’s the sense of having them ;-)
    What gave me that idea is that I see a lot of people (who actually run businesses) reporting how business has slumped. Then we have you skipping through town like the Easter Bunny oblivious to the reality of the situation. I can't think of one anecdotal "experience" that you have ever posted that I didn't think, "that's a load." I am sure that I am not the only one who considered this. LOL

You do have a consistent philosophy and outlook, but it is protected by whatever ivory tower that you sit and daydream in all day long.
    Last edited by RJB; 04-02-2020 at 08:58 PM.

I am still open too, but my business has crashed as well. I will still be around, but will tighten my belt a lot. I know quite a few close friends who probably won't weather this storm very well.

It shows how pampered we are as a society that many have no idea how this will affect the business owner. They will realize it when McDonald's and KFC are the only restaurants they can take their dates out to for fine dining in the next year.
    WHat is the Economic Injury Disaster Advance Loan?

In one part of the page it says the interest rate is 3.75%, then below it talks about an advance loan and then says "This loan advance will not have to be repaid." Is this a loan, a grant, or both?
    FJB

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    WHat is the Economic Injury Disaster Advance Loan?

In one part of the page it says the interest rate is 3.75%, then below it talks about an advance loan and then says "This loan advance will not have to be repaid." Is this a loan, a grant, or both?
    My wife filled it out. From what I understand, you apply for the relief. You have to check somewhere that you want a grant. There is no way I am signing up for a loan.

What gave me that idea is that I see a lot of people (who actually run businesses) reporting how business has slumped. Then we have you skipping through town like the Easter Bunny oblivious to the reality of the situation. I can't think of one anecdotal "experience" that you have ever posted that I didn't think, "that's a load." I am sure that I am not the only one who considered this. LOL

You do have a consistent philosophy and outlook, but it is protected by whatever ivory tower that you sit and daydream in all day long.
    I extend the same invitation to you... if you are ever in the area, hit me up PM

My wife filled it out. From what I understand, you apply for the relief. You have to check somewhere that you want a grant. There is no way I am signing up for a loan.
    That's what I was wondering, I too, am not signing up for any loan.

If anyone else is interested, and at least one of these, you may qualify.

COVID-19 ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN APPLICATION

ELIGIBLE ENTITY VERIFICATION

Applicant is an individual who operates under a sole proprietorship, with or without employees, or as an independent contractor.
    Also, remember.....

The cost of goods sold (COGS), also referred to as the cost of sales or cost of services, is how much it costs to produce your products or services. COGS include direct material and direct labor expenses that go into the production of each good or service that is sold.
    FJB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12