Thread: Woman Who Ingested Fish Tank Cleaner Is Prolific Donor to Democratic Causes

Exclamation Woman Who Ingested Fish Tank Cleaner Is Prolific Donor to Democratic Causes

This whole thing is now starting to sound fishy, pun intended.

I'm calling bull$#@!: she deliberately poisoned him, while she took a lesser or weaker dose and then cooked up this nonsense story to create an alibi.

Woman Who Ingested Fish Tank Cleaner Is Prolific Donor to Democratic Causes

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/w...rce=whatfinger

Arizona woman who accidentally poisoned her husband donated to 'pro-science resistance' PAC, among others

Alana Goodman - MARCH 30, 2020 7:16 PM

The Arizona woman who said that she and her 68-year-old husband ingested a substance used to clean fish tanks after hearing President Donald Trump tout chloroquine as a cure for the coronavirus has given thousands of dollars to Democratic groups and candidates over the last two years.

The woman's most recent donations, in late February, were to a Democratic PAC, the 314 Action Fund, that bills itself as the "pro-science resistance" and has vocally criticized the Trump administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic and held up her case to slam the White House.

Although local and national media outlets withheld the couple's names, the Washington Free Beacon established their identities through descriptions in local news reports, where the pair were identified by their first names and ages: Gary, 68, and Wanda, 61. The Free Beacon is withholding their identities at Wanda's request.

Federal Election Commission records show that Wanda has donated thousands of dollars to Democratic electoral groups and candidates over the past two years, including Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and EMILY's List, a group that aims to elect pro-choice female candidates.

Wanda told the Free Beacon that she and her husband were both Democrats, not Trump supporters. They heard about the potential benefits of chloroquine, an antimalarial drug, in news reports. She decided at the "spur of the moment" to try taking it, but reached for a fish tank cleaner in her pantry that contains chloroquine phosphate, a different and deadly form of the chemical. The Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency authorization for the use of chloroquine to treat coronavirus on Sunday.

"We weren't big supporters of [Trump], but we did see that they were using it in China and stuff," Wanda told the Free Beacon. "And we just made a horrible, tragic mistake," she said. "It was stupid, and it was horrible, and we should have never done it. But it's done and now I've lost my husband. And my whole life was my husband."

"We didn't think it would kill us," she added. "We thought if anything it would help us ‘cus that's what we've been hearing on the news."

In her first national news interview, Wanda told NBC News that she took the fish tank cleaner in a tragically botched attempt to follow medical advice that Trump had relayed in a press conference earlier that week.

"We saw Trump on TV—every channel—and all of his buddies and that this was safe," she said last Monday. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

During a press briefing on March 19, the president pointed to medical studies indicating that chloroquine, a medication used to treat malaria, may be a "game changer" in treating the coronavirus. Wanda warned others in the same NBC News interview not to "believe anything that the president says."

Wanda's most recent contributions to Democratic causes came on Feb. 26 and 28. They went to the 314 Action Fund, a Democratic political action committee that describes itself as "the largest pro-science advocacy organization committed to electing scientists" and aims to "promote the responsible use of data driven fact based approaches in public policy."

The group has been highly critical of Trump's coronavirus policies in recent weeks. In fact, on its Facebook page, the group slammed the Trump administration for the couple's actions, writing, "There are real consequences to the White House throwing its approval behind an experimental drug trial before it's time."

In the wake of the incident, media outlets tacitly blamed Trump for the tragedy. The New York Times noted that chloroquine "has been bandied about by President Trump during White House briefings on the coronavirus pandemic as a potential ‘game changer' in the treatment of Covid-19." Others, like Axios, ran corrections noting that the couple had not ingested the chloroquine in its medical form but rather the form "used in aquariums" after initially reporting that the couple had followed the president's faulty medical advice.

Wanda does not appear to have a long history of political donations, according to FEC reports. Her contributions to Democrats rose sharply over the past few years. Her first recorded political donation was $150 to Hillary Clinton in 2016, according to FEC records. The next year she gave $550 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. Since 2018, she has contributed approximately $6,000 to Democratic electoral groups.

She said she and her husband had decided to stay in their home to avoid catching the virus. They were spending much of their time watching media coverage.

"We were watching the news because we were self-isolating and getting pretty nervous. We were scared. I'm still scared," Wanda told the Free Beacon.

She said she and her husband are not active on social media and don't read much online news, but they get a lot of their information from television.

"I didn't know, and I didn't understand how serious it was," she added. "It was the worst situation I could ever, ever, ever imagine anybody being in."

Wanda told NBC News that her experience was a cautionary tale about taking the president's words at face value. "Oh my God, don't take anything. Don't believe anything that the president says and his people," she said. She told a local news outlet that she was still "pretty much in shock" over her husband's death.

"We were just having the best day before this happened. I made him his favorite lunch, grilled steak and asparagus and red potatoes, and we were just having the best Sunday," she said.

Editor's Note: This post was originally published at 3:00 p.m.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    We are two peas in a pod AF. I suspect she deliberately poisoned him as well.

It make zero sense that a anti-Trump Democrat would ingest fish tank cleaner as a cure for a disease that neither of them had, based on Trump and "his buddies" talking about a great medication used for Malaria, Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Bull$#@! detected... bull$#@! declared!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Instead of tonic water with REAL Quinine, they choose to use fish tank cleaner with a synthetic deadly version of Quinine Phosphate ...it appears to me, these people are not the best and the brightest.

Brings a whole new meaning to the movie; "A Fish called Wanda."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

It make zero sense that a anti-Trump Democrat would ingest fish tank cleaner as a cure for a disease that neither of them had, based on Trump and "his buddies" talking about a great medication used for Malaria, Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I'd rep ya, but I'm outta bullets.

I'll be watching for a small story buried in the news about her arrest.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Gotcha covered.

Good thing you didn't marry a democrat. <snickers>
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Chester Copperpot

was the husband a trump supporter?

Yeah, I love how by the second sentience there's a reference to Donald Trump implying that because he used the word chloroquine that in and of itself is an excuse to swallow fish tank cleaner.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

She probably murdered him. But that didn't stop the TDS media-pharma complex from using it for propaganda.

https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog/statu...82103839019008
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nevada governor banned the actual medication based on this fake narrative. Trump is driving the democrats are literally insane.

The doctor prescribed version is currently saving lives and helping countless people recover quickly. We used it relatively early, thats why our death ratio isn't high like even China's "official" numbers.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Slight Chance of a buried story..more likely a remarriage and no more news.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

We are not the only ones...

The mysterious case of the people who ate fish tank cleaner

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...k_cleaner.html

April 1, 2020
    By Andrea Widburg

Shortly after President Trump touted chloroquine as a potential cure for COVID-19, the media triumphantly reported that a man died from taking homemade chloroquine due to Trump’s recommendation. It turned out that the man’s wife fed him some fish tank cleaner. She even partook of it with him, except that he died while she didn’t. As a dedicated murder mystery reader, I didn’t blame Trump. My suspicions were focused elsewhere. It turns out my instincts may have been right on the money. Here’s the story the drive-by media didn't tell you:

On March 20, President Trump expressed his hope that chloroquine (also prescribed as hydroxychloroquine) might be an effective way to treat COVID-19, especially when used in conjunction with Azithromycin, an antibiotic. The next day, he reiterated that hope in a tweet.

Two days later, Axios reported, “Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate.” Axios articles have bullet points to guide readers. In the case of what was a brief, and seemingly bizarre, news squiblet, the bullet points said “Why it matters,” “Worth noting,” and “Go deeper.” That last bullet point led readers to an article entitled “Trump touts drugs not yet approved by FDA for treating coronavirus.” The reader could almost hear the Axios editors adding, “hint, hint.”

Sure enough, by March 24, the narrative was in place. President Trump was responsible for killing a man and almost killing a woman. Indeed, these narratives were not subtle. This NPR tweet is a stand-in for what all the media outlets were doing:

An Arizona man is died of a heart attack and his wife was hospitalized after the couple ingested a type of chloroquine, a chemical that has been hailed recently by President Trump as a possible "game changer" in the fight against novel coronavirus. https://t.co/ItBLKqac8B

— NPR (@NPR) March 24, 2020

Even as that lie was racing around the world, the truth was struggling to get out. In this case, the truth was that the couple hadn't take chloroquine at all. Instead, they'd ingested a fish tank cleaner that had “chloroquine phosphate,” a deadly chemical.

Even though a fish tank cleaner has nothing to do with a long-recognized and legal anti-malarial drug, the media and the woman herself pushed the anti-Trump narrative. Indeed, the woman explicitly condemned Trump: “Don’t believe anything that the President says and his people.”

On March 28, I wrote a post for publication on March 29, about the fact that Trump was probably right about chloroquine’s efficacy, and that the media was almost certainly wrong when they rushed out to condemn it solely because he praised it. By the time I wrote that post, I’d been saying to friends for a couple of days that I didn’t believe anyone could be stupid enough to think that eating fish tank cleaner with chloroquine phosphate was the same as getting a prescription for chloroquine from a doctor.

Instead, I told my friends, look to Agatha Christie or Dorothy Sayers for answers. Both those women had written mysteries in which the killer also ingested small amounts of the poison to deflect attention.

When I wrote the post, I included the same point I'd made to my friends, although I did it parenthetically. On the evidence available, I had a niggling gut feeling that stupidity didn't explain events: “In an Agatha Christie mystery, the truth would have been that the woman cleverly figured out how to kill her husband.”

By March 30, thanks to some excellent reporting from the Washington Free Beacon, there was more information about the woman who survived. Most people noted the fact that she was a fanatic anti-Trumper and “pro-science” person. In the post I wrote for publication on March 31, I obsessed about something different, which was the fact that the story didn’t ring true:

Either this couple was staggeringly stupid (which is, admittedly, a possibility) or, as he said, something doesn’t compute. The whole thing reads like something out of a mystery novel, with the narrative being too pat: Trump is hopeful about a drug, a Trump-hating woman “spontaneously” decides that Trump explicitly recommended eating fish tank cleaner, her husband dies, and the media have a ready-made headline. No matter how you spin it, it’s a fishy story, at best.

Had I been keeping up with Techno Fog on Twitter, I wouldn’t have been so delicate in my hints. It turns out that “Court records show the wife who fed her husband fish cleaner (poison?) has a history of mental illness (paranoia, depression) and had considered divorcing her husband as far back as 2012":

NEW:

Court records show the wife who fed her husband fish cleaner (poison?) has a history of mental illness (paranoia, depression) and had considered divorcing her husband as far back as 2012.

[short thread] pic.twitter.com/5eHF5Z52ah

— Techno Fog (@Techno_Fog) March 31, 2020

The wife had significant health issues.

She testified that she had "adrenal gland failure, and steroids and heart medicine are keeping me functioning"

While this shows that she (and maybe her husband) were high risk for COVID-19.. pic.twitter.com/cOCPexKckp

Her familiarity with medication doesn't exactly fit the profile of someone who would mix fish cleaner with soda.

(If you know the regimented type you understand.)

And she certainly wasn't shy to seek input from doctors.

Transcripts (civil case) show she sought out an occupational health doctor and "wanted his advice" pic.twitter.com/2159KX0WHT

As to the mental health struggles:

A history of depression, anxiety, anger, alcohol abuse. (She denied the alcohol abuse) pic.twitter.com/pEm0mvrYmy

"I am on three sleeping pills at night so that I don't have nightmares and so that I can sleep."

The sleeping pills - melatonin, Ambien, Valium (all at once ��) pic.twitter.com/FKZ3SuGzei

After her car got towed at work:

"I literally had a breakdown in front of the whole cafeteria..."

"an actual physical, mental meltdown"

"I went nuts... I had a total breakdown." pic.twitter.com/L4H90pLgNw

Did you tell your doctor in 2012 that you wanted a divorce?

"Probably. I'm furious all the time."
    pic.twitter.com/HqtelkPewq

Finally - "We're broke because of my medical situation" pic.twitter.com/sDyZd5yQNL

Finances, marital problems, anger issues, depression.

These raise SIGNIFICANT questions when a spouse kills the other (taking this stuff was her idea).

A curious media would get the 911 call and see if there was an autopsy.

One last thing.

Listen to the audio interview.

What do you hear?

What don't you hear?https://t.co/uunyFipXzQ

Here’s an excellent rule of thumb when navigating stories that are hostile to President Trump: Assume everything you hear is a lie, whether it’s from the media or from the anti-Trump source about which the media is reporting. Also, you can learn a lot about human nature and sneaky crimes by reading murder mysteries.

Incidentally, I’m with Techno Fog in that I’m not saying the woman committed a crime. I’m only saying that the police should look closely at her actions. It’s equally possible that her husband was simply a victim of a woman who is malignantly stupid.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I sure hope that an autopsy is done on the dead husband.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

This whole thing is now starting to sound fishy, pun intended.

I'm calling bull$#@!: she deliberately poisoned him, while she took a lesser or weaker dose and then cooked up this nonsense story to create an alibi.
    you should read this article, there's some interesting stuff in it:

Man Who Died Ingesting Fish Tank Cleaner Remembered as Intelligent, Levelheaded Engineer

Alana Goodman
    APRIL 24, 2020

In death, he has become famous as a cautionary tale about the risks of mindlessly following the armchair medical advice President Donald Trump has dispensed from the White House podium.

But friends of 68-year-old Gary Lenius, the Arizona man who passed away last month from drinking a fish tank cleaner that contained an ingredient, chloroquine phosphate, that Trump had touted as a potential coronavirus cure, say they are still struggling to understand what drove an engineer with an extensive science background to do something so wildly out of character.

These people describe Lenius as intelligent and levelheaded, not prone to the sort of reckless and impulsive behavior he reportedly engaged in on the day he died. This account is based on interviews with three people who knew Lenius well and paints a picture of a troubled marriage characterized by Wanda Lenius's explosive anger.

read more:
    https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/m...t-levelheaded/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post

read more:
    Yep. He was murdered.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1253795484902264838

Yup...murdered

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post

read more:
    Notice how the neocon freebeacon frames it just like CNN:

chloroquine phosphate, that Trump had touted as a potential coronavirus cure

Trump never told anyone go out and drink fish tank cleaner. Neocons be neoconing.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Police Investigating Death of Arizona Man From Chloroquine Phosphate

Mesa City PD opens investigation into death of Gary Lenius whose wife, Wanda, said she served him a deadly cocktail to ward off coronavirus

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/p...ine-phosphate/

Alana Goodman - April 28, 2020 8:55 PM

The Mesa City Police Department's homicide division is investigating the death of Gary Lenius, the Arizona man whose wife served him soda mixed with fish tank cleaner in what she claimed was a bid to fend off the coronavirus. A detective handling the case confirmed the investigation to the Washington Free Beacon on Tuesday after requesting a recording of the Free Beacon's interviews with Lenius's wife, Wanda.

Gary Lenius, 68, died on March 22. Wanda, 61, told several news outlets last month that both she and her husband had ingested a substance used to clean aquariums after hearing President Donald Trump tout one of its ingredients, chloroquine phosphate, from the White House briefing room.

Detective Teresa Van Galder, the homicide detective handling the case for the Mesa City Police Department, confirmed that the investigation is ongoing but declined to provide additional details.

"As this is an active investigation, I cannot go into any details at this time regarding the case," Van Galder said. The Free Beacon provided a recording of its interview last month with Wanda Lenius.

News of the police probe comes after a series of Free Beacon stories raised questions about the portrayal of the couple in the initial NBC News report that vaulted the story onto the national stage.

Though that report and others suggested the couple mindlessly followed the president's medical advice to disastrous results, friends of Gary Lenius told the Free Beacon they were skeptical he would knowingly ingest fish tank treatment.

Rather, they described Lenius as a levelheaded retired engineer and recounted a troubled marital relationship that included a previous domestic assault charge against his wife, of which she was ultimately found not guilty. The Free Beacon also reported that Wanda Lenius was a Democratic donor whose most recent contribution went to a "pro-science" super PAC.

"What bothers me about this is that Gary was a very intelligent man, a retired [mechanical] engineer who designed systems for John Deere in Waterloo, Iowa, and I really can't see the scenario where Gary would say, ‘Yes, please, I would love to drink some of that Koi fish tank cleaner,'" one of his close friends told the Free Beacon. "It just doesn't make any sense."

Another source, who asked that all identifying information be withheld, told the Free Beacon earlier this month that Wanda Lenius "would constantly berate Gary in public.… Everyone was embarrassed for him, but he outwardly did not seem to care much."

"In our opinion, their marriage was seen outwardly to be as one-sided as a marriage possibly could be: Gary worshiped Wanda," this person said, adding that his wife "would routinely call him a doofus" and humiliate him in public.

Wanda Lenius was charged with domestic abuse assault in 2001 after she allegedly hit her husband and swung a mounted birdhouse at him. Gary Lenius declined to cooperate in the case, testifying that he was not injured or placed in fear of injury. His wife was exonerated.

Wanda Lenius said in a phone interview with the Free Beacon last month that she and her husband had watched the president tout the virtues of chloroquine on the news, citing preliminary studies that showed it may be a promising treatment for coronavirus.

She remembered purchasing a container of "chloroquine phosphate" years before to clean a fish tank, she said.

The powder, which can be lethal if ingested, is sold by aquarium suppliers and used to treat viral outbreaks in large fish tanks. She told the Free Beacon that she had mentioned this to her husband "and he kind of laughed at me, you know. It was just a regular conversation."

"We weren't big supporters of [Trump], but we did see that they were using it in China and stuff," she said. "And we just made a horrible, tragic mistake."

Campaign finance records show that Wanda Lenius has given thousands of dollars to Democratic groups and candidates over the past two years, most recently to the 314 Action Fund. The group bills itself as the "pro-science resistance" and has criticized the Trump administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic, holding up the Lenius case to slam the White House.

In the same interview, Wanda Lenius told the Free Beacon that her husband had been planning to schedule a doctor's appointment to have a leg injury looked at and the couple worried he might pick up coronavirus at the clinic. That's when, she said, she reached for the fish tank cleaner in her pantry. Her husband's response, she said, was, "Is it still good?"

Wanda Lenius routinely prepared a "vitamin cocktail" for him, according to Gary Lenius's friend.

Asked if she and Gary Lenius had a conversation about taking the chloroquine at that time, she told the Free Beacon: "No. I mean, it was really kind of a spur of the moment thing," adding that the couple ingested "one teaspoon and some soda" each, at least four times the lethal limit.

UPDATE, April 29, 11:17 A.M.: After publication, a spokesman for the Mesa City Police Department told the Free Beacon that it is "normal protocol" for the homicide department to investigate "all death cases (other than obvious natural causes)" and that the death "has not been ruled a homicide at this time."
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-29-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Boom!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Police Investigating Death of Arizona Man From Chloroquine Phosphate

Mesa City PD opens investigation into death of Gary Lenius whose wife, Wanda, said she served him a deadly cocktail to ward off coronavirus
    UPDATE, April 29, 11:17 A.M.: After publication, a spokesman for the Mesa City Police Department told the Free Beacon that it is "normal protocol" for the homicide department to investigate "all death cases (other than obvious natural causes)" and that the death "has not been ruled a homicide at this time."
    "Investigation". Is there a word with more variation than when authorities conduct an investigation?

A real investigation would find out when the fish pond cleaner was purchased, and check all of her internet activity. Her Google search before he was given the poison: "How much chloroquine phosphate is fatal to humans?"

Compilation of old episodes on the topic

Last edited by dannno; 05-13-2020 at 07:22 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who remembers "fish tank cleaner"?

Horse dewormer is the new fish tank cleaner...

https://freebeacon.com/men-of-the-ye...r-gary-lenius/

2020 Man of the Year: Gary Lenius

Washington Free Beacon Staff • December 28, 2020 12:00 pm

You might remember the headlines from last March: "A Man Drank Fish Tank Cleaner After Hearing Trump’s ‘Medical Advice.'"

The story was as bizarre as the headlines promised. Gary Lenius, 68, was dead and his wife Wanda hospitalized after they ingested a parasiticide used in tropical fish tanks, which contained chloroquine. The couple was supposedly inspired by Donald Trump’s claims that chloroquine was effective at treating the coronavirus, the wife told NBC News from her hospital bed.

The news immediately captured the interest of the press because it summed up their view that Donald Trump is the single greatest threat to global public health. The man’s death also presented new and creative ways to potentially get Trump out of office. Sure, the president survived his impeachment, but now that he basically murdered someone how about putting him on trial at the Hague for "crimes against humanity"?

The media portrayal of Gary bothered his friends deeply. Gary Lenius was a serious man. He was level-headed. He had worked hard, rising through the ranks over 30 years to become a senior engineer at John Deere.

"I would like people to know that Gary was not the fool that some of the media stories and comments are depicting him to be," one friend told the Washington Free Beacon. "I really don't think Gary knew what he was taking."

As it turned out, the man who died, Gary Lenius, didn’t drink the chloroquine because he was a Trump supporter. He drank it because it was given to him, mixed into a soda, by his wife, Wanda Lenius, who was a prolific donor to Democrats, including a "pro-science resistance" group that was highly critical of the president’s coronavirus policies. Wanda told the Free Beacon they decided to take it because "we did see that they were using it in China and stuff."

Gary’s marriage wasn’t perfect. Then again, whose is? Wanda, years earlier, was arrested for allegedly trying to club him with a stake-mounted birdhouse. Her therapist, in an unrelated lawsuit, claimed she had psychological issues that could send her into uncontrollable rage attacks.

Those who knew the couple had stories. There was the time Wanda allegedly destroyed her husband’s laptop because he downloaded the wrong software update onto her computer. And the time she reportedly smashed his treasured, hand-built model aircraft collection because he came home late for a meal. "Gary did not get angry," said a friend. "He simply junked the planes that were not repairable and fixed the rest. That is the Gary I knew, he would never get upset, he just accepted what happened and carried on."

When Gary retired from John Deere a few years ago, he and Wanda moved from the Midwest to sunny Arizona. His free time was filled with activities: tennis, nights out at restaurants, flying model aircraft. He made some good friends down there. Despite Wanda’s disapproval, he had been kicking around the idea of buying a Corvette.

Whatever happened that night in March, Gary’s death was a tragedy. Sadly many pundits and reporters tried to turn him into a political punchline. We would all do well to remember that there’s more to a story than the headlines suggest—sometimes a lot more. An intelligent man, a beloved friend, a patient husband, a life. Gary Lenius is a Washington Free Beacon Man of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who remembers "fish tank cleaner"?

Horse dewormer is the new fish tank cleaner...
    I can't think of a story that better illustrates TDS. I mean, a lady with severe emotional and mental problems who has TDS, trolling the media into a severe TDS attack by murdering someone, all without most people finding out or receiving any justice.

It's a shame there was no justice in this case, but at least we found out the truth.

I was hoping to see this thread update was announcing her arrest.

I was hoping to see this thread update was announcing her arrest.
    It appears she got away with murder. Political justice.

@9:30 Daniel McAdams:

"When you demonize people to the point where they're considered subhuman, and that's what's been done with people like her [Ashli Babbitt] and Trump supporters...then it's almost no problem to kill them, it's almost justified to kill them. And we've seen this throughout history...When you demonize a group of people...then there's no repercussions to killing them.
    This is political justice...you have a guy who shot an unarmed woman, is let off, because he's favored by the political class, and these unwashed Trump supporters are not favored by the political class."

It appears she got away with murder. Political justice.
    Meh. Maybe. But she isn't the first woman to shirk responsibility for her actions by playing dumb. The first incident happened long, long, long before Trump was born.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...