Thread: California moves to legalize pedophilia

California moves to legalize pedophilia

SB-145 just passed, It’s no longer a felony for an adult to have sex with a child that’s 10 years younger than the perp. 20 y/o men can now have sex w/10 year old kids & it’s no longer a felony. They also no longer have to register as sex offenders.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201920200SB145
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The bill is authored by the same lawmaker who wrote the California law allowing those infected with HIV to intentionally infect others without their knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth
    no longer a felony
    So, are they legalizing it or just reducing it to a misdemeanor?

I'm assuming the latter (link doesn't work).

That's not a good idea, mind you, but we don't need the hyperbole.

cached version: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...201920200SB145

Looks like it just reduces the penalty for failing to register as a sex offender, not reducing the penalty for the crime itself. Regardless, disappointing.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 09-21-2020 at 07:27 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Nope. But that's the misconception that seems to be raising so much ire.

SB-145 changes nothing if the victim is under 14 years of age. SB 145 does not legalize any kind of sex with a minor and does not change the potential sentence for having sex with an underage person. What it does is provide judges with the ability to evaluate whether or not to require someone so convicted to be registered as a sex offender.

Currently (without SB-145) judges are allowed discretion for sex offender registration in cases of penile-vaginal intercourse when the minor is aged between 14 to 17 years old and the offender is within 10 years of age of the minor. SB-145 extends that same judicial discretion to other forms of intercourse (in particular, oral and anal).
    So its just to bring the sodomites on equal footing with the others ?

Yeah, this is the next front on the weirdosexual war.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 09-21-2020 at 07:27 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The point is to salami slice their way to no holds barred.

If they just wanted to eliminate the teenager on teenager sex crime charges they would have set the age difference allowed at 5 years or less.

Another source: https://all4consolaws.org/2020/09/ca...nate-bill-145/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

If they just wanted to eliminate the teenager on teenager sex crime charges they would have set the age difference allowed at 5 years or less.

Another source: https://all4consolaws.org/2020/09/ca...nate-bill-145/
    Ya I think there is some good and some bad here.

There is no doubt that there is a big push toward acceptance of pedophiles and we need to make sure the laws don't keep slipping in that direction.

On the other hand, you don't want to dilute the sex offender pool too much with people who may have had some consensual indiscretions with girls who were slightly younger than them. In a hypothetical situation if they are say, on a map in your local area, and there are two near one park and one near another park, if the two near the one park were guys who were 22 and had sex with a 16 or 17 year old and the other one was some guy who raped an 8 year old, you might make the mistake of taking them to the park near the one sex offender who is actually a pedophile instead of the other one where they are probably not a threat to young children.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-02-2020 at 12:51 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I think there is some good and some bad here.

There is no doubt that there is a big push toward acceptance of pedophiles and we need to make sure the laws don't keep slipping in that direction.

On the other hand, you don't want to dilute the sex offender pool too much with people who may have had some consensual indiscretions with girls who were slightly younger than them. In a hypothetical situation if they are say, on a map in your local area, and there are two near one park and one near another park, if the two near the one park were guys who were 22 and had sex with a 16 or 17 year old and the other one was some guy who raped an 8 year old, you might make the mistake of taking them to the park near the one sex offender who is actually a pedophile instead of the other one where they are probably not a threat to young children.
    I have said before there should be an "almost the same age" exception and a "she looks old enough" exception but 10 years age difference is ridiculous and designed to start a slippery slope.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The acceptance of pedophilia today is where the acceptance of gays was in the 1980s.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    The bill is authored by the same lawmaker who wrote the California law allowing those infected with HIV to intentionally infect others without their knowledge.
    Probably a member of NAMBLA.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Just when you think California couldn't get any worse, this happens.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Nope. But that's the misconception that seems to be raising so much ire.
    There have been many such misconceptions, so to speak, in recent months, coincident with a certain party's law and order campaign narrative. For instance, there were reports a few months ago about some place in California, IIRC, legalizing theft: turned out they just reduced the mandatory minimum or some such thing.

Well, that's your opinion, as well as the opinion of many others. I honestly don't have any facts to either substantiate it or refute it.

I don't recall that there was much heated opposition to the original law - the one that allowed judicial discretion in cases of penile-vaginal intercourse under the same age boundaries. To me, this bill just seems like an attempt to bring statutory homosexual rape into alignment with statutory heterosexual rape. The existing law provides no leeway w/r to inclusion on the sex offenders reisitry for those convicted of underage homosexual acts. In the case of a conviction on statutory homosexual rape, then one or both consensual participants to the sex act are going on the sex offenders registry. Whereas, the judge has the leeway not to do so in a case where the only difference is that it was a case of penile-vaginal intercourse. There are a lot of social conservatives that would like to see the law remain as it is - because they think that all homosexual acts should result in those committing them being placed on the sex offenders registry. So to them, the existing status quo allows just that; and they're willing to misrepresent the bill to build opposition to it among those who don't check the facts out.

My own opposition is with the original law, because it gives discretion to judges - and I've never been terribly impressed with judges. Given two identical cases, a judge could provide two different outcomes simply because he doesn't like one defendant. Worse yet, a case could receive different outcomes dependent upon which local judge presides over it. I understand what the intent of the original law was: local judges probably have a better understanding of the local sexual mores of a given community in which they live than do state legislators from a distant part of the state. But if the bar is set differently from community to community within a state, then why should there be a state-wide law rather than a local one?

That's where the discretion of the judge comes into play - which is what disturbs me. Most judges are going to treat a 24-14 age gap differently than a 27-17 age gap. Most judges are not going to put two 14 year-olds on the sex offenders registry and have it follow them through their lives. Most judges are not going to put an 18 year old who's engaged to a 17 year old on the registry, but the law allows that judge to do just that. And what about the 27 year old engaged to the 17 year old who were caught going at it in the back seat of an Impala at Lookout Point? And what about a minor that's emancipated? The permutations that really aren't that bad are endless.

It's darn near impossible to cover all the different permutations by using a simply-constructed law. You mention that they could have set the age difference allowed to 5 years. But a 5 year age gap is different in a 19-14 age scenario than it is in a 22-17 age scenario, simply because of the maturity level of the people in the two scenarios. And honestly, the maturity of any two 19-14 couples is also going to vary.

One hopes that what the judge is evaluating is whether or not there is predatory behavior. So the legislation (the existing legislation) pragmatically set the age gap to a decade and allows incredible discretion to the judge, figuring that the voters are wise enough to pick knowledgeable, wise and trustworthy judges (which to me is a fundamental flaw - look at your average voter and realize that half are worse than that).

I forget which ancient Greek philosopher it was that said that when a child reaches sexual maturity, that child should be places in a sealed barrel with two small openings: one to allow food, water and air to enter the barrel, and the other to allow waste to be passed out of the barrel. When the child turns 17, seal both holes.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 09-03-2020 at 01:09 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.