Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US considers pulling troops from West Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    What the $#@! is $110 million of my tax dollars doing building drone bases in $#@!ing Niger.

Enough is enough already...for $#@!'s sake.

Let the heathen Chinee pick up the white man's burden for the next hundred years on that god forsaken continent and go bankrupt and weak with self loathing.
    Ironically, you just said why we're not going to be pulling troops out of Africa as our government is in a "diplomatic war" with China over those lush lands of cheap labor on the Dark Continent. A war which, I might add, China is winning handedly. Regardless of some people swearing China is mere months from complete collapse their middle class has grown by leaps and bounds, so their looking to outsource their manufacturing market to a place where that pesky thing isn't to be found...hence, Africa. The US, despite what some would say about to experience this magical resurgence of manufacturing, is working hard to claim the same thing so they can keep cost effective goods available for Americans who are check to check.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Good lord....more sig material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he did not mind Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte's decision to end a decades-old military agreement with the United States, a position at odds with that of his defense secretary who viewed the move with dismay.Duterte on Tuesday announced termination of the two-decade-old Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA). U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper called the decision "unfortunate" as Washington and its allies press China to abide by "international rules" in Asia. [L4N2AB0ZL]
    The U.S. embassy in Manila called it "a serious step with significant implications." Duterte's decision, sparked by the revocation of a U.S. visa held by a former police chief who led Duterte's bloody war on drugs, takes legal effect in 180 days and U.S. officials have expressed hope it can be reversed or delayed.
    "I don't really mind if they would like to do that, it will save a lot of money," Trump told reporters at the White House when asked about Duterte's move and whether anything could be done to get him to reconsider. "My views are different from others," he added.
    Trump has frequently expressed a desire to bring U.S. military forces home from decades-long deployments abroad and has strong-armed some allies into paying more for the right to U.S. defense.
    Trump said the United States had helped the Philippines defeat Islamic State militants. He said he had "a very good" relationship with Duterte and added: "we'll see what happens."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...202205976.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Ironically, you just said why we're not going to be pulling troops out of Africa as our government is in a "diplomatic war" with China over those lush lands of cheap labor on the Dark Continent. A war which, I might add, China is winning handedly. Regardless of some people swearing China is mere months from complete collapse their middle class has grown by leaps and bounds, so their looking to outsource their manufacturing market to a place where that pesky thing isn't to be found...hence, Africa. The US, despite what some would say about to experience this magical resurgence of manufacturing, is working hard to claim the same thing so they can keep cost effective goods available for Americans who are check to check.
    China is the world's biggest bubble, it was already doomed and the virus is hastening its collapse.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

lol. Yahoo news and ends with "we'll see". Been hearing this $#@! for 20 years now.

Sword? One guess where some of my buddies are deploying to in 2021? One guess.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

China is the world's biggest bubble, it was already doomed and the virus is hastening its collapse.
    You forgot the other part of that equation......

China AND the US are both in the world's biggest bubbles.

That is exactly why Africa and it's cheap labor is such a hotbed of political/diplomatic judo between the two as cheap goods tend to help ailing economies. More so economies who are one debt issuance denial away from major upheaval.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12