Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Papa John's founder becomes unperson at his own company for uttering The N Word

I'm sure the colonel is smiling down on him today

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hmmm... interesting. Sounds like he got caught in the crossfire of slumping sales and political correctness. Too bad, I always thought he was a good "face of the franchise"
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So it was all an extortion scheme...figures.

And stupid weak white people fall all over themselves to appease...figures.
    Preference falsification is not a big deal. If you don't think so, the HR dept. would like to have a word with you. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ates-Are-Lying

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Papa John's is my go-to pizza delivery. Probably use them couple times a month. Get "The Works", season it up and put some salsa on it and you got some good eats.
    Racist. -rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

LOL

Rand Paul says he won't return Schnatter's donations after racial slur

Thomas Novelly
    July 16, 2018

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul said Monday he would not return thousands of dollars in political donations from John Schnatter, who resigned from Papa John's last week after he admitted to using a racial slur.

"I think the language that was said to be used was unacceptable and should not be used, period," Paul said after telling the Courier Journal he would not return the donations.

The Kentucky Republican received $17,000 from Schnatter in political donations from 1996 to 2018, according to a Courier Journal analysis of the pizza baron's FEC filings.

"Perhaps we should ask the same question of all the media covering this story: Are any of the TV stations or newspapers going to give back the advertising money they have taken from Papa John's over the years?" said sokesperson Kelsey Cooper said in a statement.

read more:
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ion/788156002/

It's quite simple really. He should sell his stock, encourage they change the name, disavow the POS, and leave the US with his money.

Cockroaches don't deserve to pillage someone they want nothing to do with.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The average man, being made of stupid...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

One day soon, accusations of racism will roll off Whites like water off a duck's back. The era of White guilt is coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by FvS View Post
    One day soon, accusations of racism will roll off Whites like water off a duck's back. The era of White guilt is coming to an end.

If you like Trump, hate Obamacare, and dis the NFL players kneeling, you are a super-racist, says the thought police and fake news media.

Might be a possible winning candidate to primary McConnell in a Bevin Trump world.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably too late, but finding some testicular fortitude.

Papa John’s Founder Now Calls Resignation a ‘Mistake’

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ation-mistake/

17 Jul 2018

John Schnatter said “it was a mistake” to resign after being asked to step down in the wake of a controversy about his use of a racial slur.
    In a letter to the company directors dated July 14, Schnatter said that he was asked during media training whether he was racist, and answered “no.” Then, “I [said] something on the order of, Colonel Sanders used the word ‘N,’ (I actually used the word), that I would never use that word, and Papa John’s doesn’t use that word.”

“The board asked me to step down as chairman without apparently doing any investigation. I agreed, though today I believe it was a mistake to do so,” Schnatter said. “I will not allow either my good name or the good name of the company I founded and love to be unfairly tainted.”

Schnatter is “confident that an examination of the facts will bear out what I have written in this letter,” and that it will “show that once again our company has demonstrated that it does not know how to handle a crisis based on misinformation.”

The pizza mogul has retained Los Angeles trial attorney Patricia Glaser, who requested that the board appoint a special committee to investigate the matter. According to an anonymous WSJ source, however, the request was made while such a committee was already being formed.

For now, the company is pushing Schnatter firmly away. He is no longer permitted to use office space in the Louisville, Kentucky headquarters, nor will he continue his role as a mainstay of their marketing efforts. His current share of the company is roughly 29%, valued at an estimated $500 million.

This is what happens when you apologize, there is no forgiveness, they close in for the kill:

The chief executive and a second high-ranking executive at the pizza chain — pals of Schnatter whom he installed in key positions — failed to curb a “bro” culture at the Louisville, Ky., business that featured open discussion of “gangbangs” and other hostile terms, a report on Thursday claims.
    Women in the office were often mocked, asked during business conversations if they were menstruating and were subjected to comments from male executives about whether they wanted “to jump on the train,” according to a report from Forbes, which interviewed 37 current and former employees.
    CEO Steve Ritchie was present for many of the toxic comments and just laughed, three employees told Forbes.

Over Schnatter’s tenure, Papa John’s has agreed to two confidential settlements after he was accused of inappropriate conduct, Forbes reported.

Its board has formed an independent committee that has hired an outside firm to probe the matter.
    But the problem may be larger than just the 56-year-old executive.
    Without addressing the specific allegations, Papa John’s issued a statement repeating its promise from earlier in the week to retain “an outside firm to oversee an audit and investigation of the culture at the company and to make recommendations for whatever changes may be necessary.”
    Schnatter’s lawyer, Patricia Glaser, said the Forbes story contains “inaccuracies and misrepresentations.”
    Glaser did not elaborate.
    Schnatter is squaring off with his fellow directors — demanding key emails and correspondences so he can better defend himself against possible litigation and the company’s efforts to get him off the board.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/07/19/papa-j...are-continues/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This is what happens when you apologize, there is no forgiveness, they close in for the kill:
    There ain't no rest for the wicked

The pizza chain Papa John's has adopted a so-called poison pill designed to prevent the company's founder, John Schnatter, from taking over the company.
    Schnatter resigned as the chairman of the board this month after he admitted to using a racial slur during a May conference call with a marketing agency. Days later he said he made a mistake resigning from the position. He still owns 29% of the company, according to Bloomberg data, and remains a director on its board. He stepped down as CEO at the beginning of the year.
    In a press release out Sunday, the company's board of directors announced a plan aimed at preventing Schnatter from taking over the pizza chain. It created a limited-duration stockholder rights plan the board said was designed to "protect the interests of the company and its stockholders by reducing the likelihood that any person or group gains control of Papa John's through open market accumulation or other tactics without paying an appropriate control premium." The board also declared a dividend distribution for each share of outstanding stock.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/papa-...122100243.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The chief executive and a second high-ranking executive at the pizza chain — pals of Schnatter whom he installed in key positions — failed to curb a “bro” culture at the Louisville, Ky., business that featured open discussion of “gangbangs” and other hostile terms, a report on Thursday claims.
    Women in the office were often mocked, asked during business conversations if they were menstruating and were subjected to comments from male executives about whether they wanted “to jump on the train,” according to a report from Forbes, which interviewed 37 current and former employees.
    CEO Steve Ritchie was present for many of the toxic comments and just laughed, three employees told Forbes.

Over Schnatter’s tenure, Papa John’s has agreed to two confidential settlements after he was accused of inappropriate conduct, Forbes reported.

Its board has formed an independent committee that has hired an outside firm to probe the matter.
    But the problem may be larger than just the 56-year-old executive.
    Without addressing the specific allegations, Papa John’s issued a statement repeating its promise from earlier in the week to retain “an outside firm to oversee an audit and investigation of the culture at the company and to make recommendations for whatever changes may be necessary.”
    Schnatter’s lawyer, Patricia Glaser, said the Forbes story contains “inaccuracies and misrepresentations.”
    Glaser did not elaborate.
    Schnatter is squaring off with his fellow directors — demanding key emails and correspondences so he can better defend himself against possible litigation and the company’s efforts to get him off the board.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/07/19/papa-j...are-continues/
    Feminism has turned women into pussies.

Investors reacted angrily on Monday to the poison pill Papa John’s board enacted over the weekend — pushing the stock of the pizza maker to its lowest level since February 2016.
    Shares lost 9.8 percent in the session to close at $46.56. In the past month, the *$1.5 billion Louisville, Ky., firm has lost *$300 million in market cap.

Under the poison pill, shareholders will receive the right to one preferred share for every share they own. The right will be triggered when someone buys a 15 percent stake in the company without the board’s OK.
    Schnatter’s current stake is grandfathered in. The 56-year-old founder had been a highly visible spokesman for the 5,212-store chain — appearing in TV commercials and even in the company’s logo.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/07/23/papa-j...ck-plummeting/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The founder of the Papa John's pizza chain filed a lawsuit Thursday seeking access to the company's books and records following his resignation as chairman earlier this month amid reports that he used a racial slur during a media training session. In a complaint filed in Delaware's Court of Chancery, John Schnatter accused Papa John's International Inc. of treating him in an "unexplained and heavy-handed way" after Forbes published a July 11 article that he says falsely accused him.
    Instead of standing behind him and trying to explain what actually happened, the company followed "its usual, and flawed, manner of dealing with false and mistaken reporting," Schnatter claimed.
    Schnatter compared the board's request that he step down as chairman to its prompting of his resignation as CEO last year amid controversy over remarks he made regarding National Football League players protesting during the national anthem.
    In the complaint, Schnatter says company directors either acted in a hasty and uninformed manner, thus breaching their duty of care to the corporation, or had secretly planned a "coup" in advance to oust him.
    "Either way, as a director of the company, Mr. Schnatter is entitled to determine whether his fellow directors have been grossly negligent or are acting in bad faith, or both," the complaint reads.
    Schnatter filed the lawsuit after the company rebuffed his July 18 request for a variety of documents, saying he was seeking to further his own self-interests, rather than the company's best interests.
    The documents Schnatter seeks include internal communications by directors, officers and attorneys relating to him from Oct. 31 last year through July 15, when a special committee was formed to address the Forbes article. Schnatter is also seeking documents relating to any allegations of sexual harassment or sexual misconduct by any board member or officer.

More at: http://www.newser.com/article/2f7c2d...e-records.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Papa John's is going to extreme measures to erase all evidence founder John Schnatter ever existed from its 5,212 location pizza chain, sending detailed instructions its store owners on how to remove every shred of the former Chairman.

Store owners should remove Schnatter’s signature from the wooden paddles used to take pizzas out of the oven — and replace it with images of vegetables or cheese — and swap out window signs featuring a smiling Schnatter with online ordering signage, according to the seven-page email, a copy of which was obtained by The Post.
    A total of 10 items to be removed include a wall poster of Schnatter and NFL great Peyton Manning and even signage on Papa John’s pickup trucks. -NY Post
    Also to be removed are plaques hanging on the walls with Schnatter describing how their pizzas are made - replaced with photos of a dough maker with the caption "our FRESH DOUGH story."
    Franchisees are told they can replace the photos of Schnatter’s beloved gold Camaro with one of two options featuring a Garden Special veggie pie or one called The Works.
    “In most cases the Camaro plaque can be unscrewed and the plaque screwed back in,” the company helpfully advises.
    Franchisees are instructed to remove the cutouts of Schnatter and Manning, which include a “Welcome to our Stores” banner, but are told that “there is no replacement for this item.” -NY Post
    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-word-incident

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He needs to say it was just satire.

Works for the NY Times.

LOL - Top comment at ZH on the updated story:

Meat Hammer
    Thu, 08/02/2018 - 12:31 Permalink

Speaking of... how about we embrace freedom of speech and let people say whatever the hell they want without a mob of offended people shutting them down? Yes, you are free to be a racist. I’ll say it again: You are free to be a racist. And you are free to run your business as a racist. If you don’t want nigg ers working for you, then don’t hire them. It’s called freedom. Nobody is owed a job. Start your own $#@!ing nigg er business, nigg er!

People’s feelings aren’t protected by the constitution. They can go somewhere else for pizza if they don’t like it. Racism exists everywhere in all walks of life. If someone says they hate white people, I don’t get offended. I’ve been the victim of racism in the workplace. Did I try to take the company down? No. I quit my job and found another company whose management didn’t hate whitey. $#@! em.

Better ingredients, better pizza, no nigg ers. Papa John’s.

The Papa John's PZZA Pizza saga has reached new heights.
    John Schnatter, the chain's founder, has created a website stating, "We are getting the truth out there," and is running a full-page ad in the Louisville Courier Journal on Wednesday telling employees how much he misses them.
    The Save Papa John's website includes legal documents relating to Schnatter's feud with the board of the pizza chain, which has removed his "Founders Agreement" from its site, has taken him off marketing material and stopped him from using corporate headquarters.
    The Papa John's board acted after Schnatter appeared on Louisville television claiming that PR agency Laundry Service tried to extort $6 million from the pizza chain. Schnatter filed a lawsuit against the board on July 26, accusing it of negligence.
    Under the headline "I am Papa John," Schnatter states on his website that he loves the company and its employees. "I built Papa John's from the ground up and remain its largest shareholder… The board wants to silence me. So this is my website, and my way to talk to you."
    A letter to staff denies that Schnatter wanted his image removed from offices and marketing. "This is not the case at all. As you all know, Papa John's is our life's work," he wrote.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/am-pa...113600204.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Earlier Thursday, a shareholder sued the struggling pizza chain, claiming it misled investors by failing to disclose inappropriate behavior by its executives, including Schnatter’s.
    The pizza chain is facing slowing sales following Schnatter’s resignation as chairman last month. Papa John’s shares have fallen 18 percent this year and 39 percent in the past 12 months. They fell 58 cents to $45.96 at 2:38 p.m. in New York trading.
    Joanne E. Danker sued in Manhattan federal court, alleging that Louisville, Kentucky-based Papa John’s failed to tell investors that executives had engaged in sexual harassment and other inappropriate conduct -- and that company policies were inadequate to prevent the behavior.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/papa-...172303826.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

company policies were inadequate to prevent the behavior.
    Makes you wonder why?

He should start another whole different pizza company from scratch and compete, a win-win, for him.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    He should start another whole different pizza company from scratch and compete, a win-win, for him.
    Yeah, if he used the original recipe and they tasted like they did when he first started he would blow them out of the water.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On Friday, Schnatter sued the Papa John’s board and CEO Steve Ritchie, “to stop the irreparable harm those individuals are causing.”

This week, a special committee from Papa John’s released a blistering statement about Schnatter, accusing him of untrue statements, undermining the company, and revealing that the Papa John’s board “specifically directed John Schnatter not to talk about the NFL controversy related to the National Anthem on the 2017 third-quarter earnings call.”
    Schnatter, on that fateful earnings call in November 2017, blamed Papa John’s flat quarterly sales on the NFL protests and said the protests should have been “nipped in the bud” by the NFL much sooner.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rot-t...163847119.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Papa John’s could unveil a new – but not too new – name and logo in the coming months.
    The pizza chain may soon get rid of its apostrophe, and go by Papa Johns, in an effort to repair its tarnished image after its founder reportedly made a racist remark earlier this year during a conference call. John Schattner, founder and the company’s face, resigned as chairman in July 2018.
    Papa John’s International filed paperwork about the new spelling and brand imagery with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in late August. Removing the possessive apostrophe in Papa John’s would, in theory, provide a more distance between the company and its founder, so it doesn’t look like he owns the business.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/papa-...185902399.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Papa John’s could unveil a new – but not too new – name and logo in the coming months.
    The pizza chain may soon get rid of its apostrophe, and go by Papa Johns, in an effort to repair its tarnished image after its founder reportedly made a racist remark earlier this year during a conference call. John Schattner, founder and the company’s face, resigned as chairman in July 2018.
    Papa John’s International filed paperwork about the new spelling and brand imagery with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in late August. Removing the possessive apostrophe in Papa John’s would, in theory, provide a more distance between the company and its founder, so it doesn’t look like he owns the business.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/papa-...185902399.html
    #SJWIdeas
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Does that leave the name wide open for him to take over? He probably had a no compete clause.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast