Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Trump Supporters Please Weigh In On Syria Bombing Without War Declaration

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Each place where Christians have had sanctuary, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, have either had regime change or been under constant threat of regime change or have had regime change. Maybe Christians have just picked bad places to live.
    It seems odd that Jordan has not been attacked yet?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Don't give them any ideas! Syria seemed safe....until it wasn't.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In 2004 Christians fled Iraq because we overthrew their protector Saddam Hussein. Most of them went to Syria.
    I agree that we are generally targeting moderates, but I don't believe that the reason is that they harbor Christians. It has more to do with a desire to keep the middle east destabilized in general.

Each place where Christians have had sanctuary, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, have either had regime change or been under constant threat of regime change or have had regime change. Maybe Christians have just picked bad places to live.
    But why would the MIC pick on Christians? if there is any ethnic or religious group targeted, it is the shias who they see as being allies to Iran. That is why they are specifically being targeted in Lebanon, Syria and Yemen. I think the harm on Christians is purely coincidental.

Not odd at all. Jordan is part of the GCC, Israel, Arab league axis. You don't attack people already in your friends list.

anybody that watched those people, those children writhing in agony and death throws, anyone that saw that and did not feel hurt is not a human being.

I want those responsible to meet the same ending.

I don't think throwing bombs is gonna serve any kind of justice.

trumps response was unamerican. I don't support it.

wars anywhere in the world impact our economy which is directly tied to our national security.

no it's not a direct threat, so it requires congressional approval. congress would have voted no because americans are suffering war fatigue. i cant remember a time in my life when america was not dropping bombs somewhere.

we are not the world's police and we are not nation builders or regime changers.

trump needs to get back to work on domestic policy and if he lets the power go to his head too much more, hes going to face his own civil revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    anybody that watched those people, those children writhing in agony and death throws, anyone that saw that and did not feel hurt is not a human being.

wars anywhere in the world impact our economy which is directly tied to our national security.

no it's not a direct threat, so it requires congressional approval. congress would have voted no because americans are suffering war fatigue. i cant remember a time in my life when america was not dropping bombs somewhere.

we are not the world's police and we are not nation builders or regime changers.

trump needs to get back to work on domestic policy and if he lets the power go to his head too much more, hes going to face his own civil revolt.
    Honestly, I really don't care much what happens to Syrians. In a world of 7 billion people, I can't get all teary eyed about a few dozen people I don't know. It's not that I'm happy about it, it's a shame, but it's not my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But why would the MIC pick on Christians? if there is any ethnic or religious group targeted, it is the shias who they see as being allies to Iran. That is why they are specifically being targeted in Lebanon, Syria and Yemen. I think the harm on Christians is purely coincidental.
    Maybe. As far as targeting Shias, that's kind of tough as the people we put in power in Iraq are Shias. We seem to flip flop between Shias and Sunnis and religious minorities like Christians get caught in the middle.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not odd at all. Jordan is part of the GCC, Israel, Arab league axis. You don't attack people already in your friends list.
    Yeah, I was being sarcastic. They are the most friendly arab country for Christians. If Christian friendly governments were the target, then they should be target number one. These countries are just pawns in a larger game between East and West. Islamic government, Secular, Christian, it means nothing to our leaders. The deaths of a few dozezn or thousand kids means nothing to them as well, except in propaganda value. All that matters is keeping Russia and China from having stable allies in their region.

I agree. I also hurt for the 500,000 dead Iraqi children from U.S. sanctions under Clinton.

I'm not one to hope for revenge because there is usually collateral damage but I understand your sentiment.

Totally agree.

I wish I could say it was unamerican but it seems to be what we do as of late. I agree that it's unconstitutional.

True. This attack cost us 50 tomahawk missiles at $1.5 million a piece.

Yep...yep...in my life there was a respite between Vietnam and Grenada. I remember the Clint Eastwood movie "Heartbreak Ridge" about Grenada. (A false flag war if there ever was one.) In that movie, before the Grenada invasion, Clint Eastwood and another jarhead were bemoaning being "0-1-1", losing Vietnam, tying Korea and no "wins." It seems that we wanted a war just to be able to say we "won." And now we've gotten drunk on "winning."

Yep.

Perhaps a stalled domestic agenda made war look more attractive?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honestly, I really don't care much what happens to Syrians. In a world of 7 billion people, I can't get all teary eyed about a few dozen people I don't know. It's not that I'm happy about it, it's a shame, but it's not my concern.
    yeah that's called desensitization. I am sorry to hear anyone say that.

True. But where does desensitization end and selective outrage begin? Why are these innocent deaths more important than any other innocent deaths in the world during the past week? Oh yeah...a reason was needed to change policy in Syria. I forgot.

I agree. I also hurt for the 500,000 dead Iraqi children from U.S. sanctions under Clinton.

I'm not one to hope for revenge because there is usually collateral damage but I understand your sentiment.

Totally agree.

I wish I could say it was unamerican but it seems to be what we do as of late. I agree that it's unconstitutional.

True. This attack cost us 50 tomahawk missiles at $1.5 million a piece.

Yep...yep...in my life there was a respite between Vietnam and Grenada. I remember the Clint Eastwood movie "Heartbreak Ridge" about Grenada. (A false flag war if there ever was one.) In that movie, before the Grenada invasion, Clint Eastwood and another jarhead were bemoaning being "0-1-1", losing Vietnam, tying Korea and no "wins." It seems that we wanted a war just to be able to say we "won." And now we've gotten drunk on "winning."

Yep.

Perhaps a stalled domestic agenda made war look more attractive?
    or the entire aborted generation. we live in a world that is lacking of any sort of accountability it seems. I hope for justice. an eye for an eye. unconstitutional === unamerican in my view. wars also use up lives and resources that would otherwise contribute to the world economy as a whole. there are no winners in war. only those who stop the losing. yeah no doubt trump needed a victory somewhere. anyone who sees that as a victory tho probably doesnt realize how bad a shape the economy is in. usa corner getting smaller on all sides it would seem.

True. But where does desensitization end and selective outrage begin? Why are these innocent deaths more important than any other innocent deaths in the world during the past week? Oh yeah...a reason was needed to change policy in Syria. I forgot.
    I suspect the two go hand in hand. they aren't more or less important, it's just what is happening today. cause and effect, endless cycle of bloodshed. reasons.

Maybe. As far as targeting Shias, that's kind of tough as the people we put in power in Iraq are Shias. We seem to flip flop between Shias and Sunnis and religious minorities like Christians get caught in the middle.
    Iraq is the one exception because Shias are the sizable majority in Iraq. Every other place, it is the US and its Jihadi friends in the GCC, Jordan and Israel fighting shias.

It's something necessary to live a happy, healthy life. There has always been suffering in the world. To care too much about people who aren't related to you is not healthy. The best thing from a psychological point is to care enough that you don't do any harm, and that you will help if you are there, but to not care so much that you are upset over the hundreds of people who die every second.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Impeach his ass
    President Pence? What good does that do?

I suspect the two go hand in hand. they aren't more or less important, it's just what is happening today. cause and effect, endless cycle of bloodshed. reasons.
    Except there were innocent people killed all around the world on the same day. There is a reason for the disproportionate coverage of some deaths over others.

Except there were innocent people killed all around the world on the same day. There is a reason for the disproportionate coverage of some deaths over others.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Team McCain just got back from Syria, I would bet they probably placed the sarin gas at the target or possibly gave it to the rebels to launch when Assad attacked them.
    McCain is a sarin broker? And he needed to be there in person to do the heavy lifting?

well, its been a global hotspot for quite some time now. any escalation in that part of the world is going to attract the maggot media.

well, its been a global hotspot for quite some time now. any escalation in that part of the world is going to attract the maggot media.
    How long has Congo been a global hotspot?

How long has Congo been a global hotspot?
    for as long as they country has used nerve gas on it's citizens and been global exporters of it's insane ideology i suppose.

for as long as they country has used nerve gas on it's citizens and been global exporters of it's insane ideology i suppose.
    Is death by nerve gas really worse than death by machete? I think I'd take the gas. It depends on how many chops until death though.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Pence? What good does that do?
    It's pretty much President Pence right now. If he saw Trump get impeached he'd be less likely to bomb countries on a whim.

I can hardly see any upside to Trump anymore. I was never a "supporter" though. Just optimistic on some issues.

Here's a change of heart for you

Last edited by milgram; 04-07-2017 at 01:22 AM.

It's pretty much President Pence right now. At least he'd be less likely to bomb countries on a whim.
    You know it was probably Pence who pushed Trump to do this? He's as war hungry as McCain.

Clarified what I meant but I was too slow

Clarified what I meant but I was too slow
    Ok, that makes more sense. The bombings won't stop though. Pence would be guaranteed to escalate it right into WW3. Trump, at least, may have reservations about a full scale invasion.

Good for Paul Joseph Watson, he can do what he wants, and he's not the only one throwing Trump under the bus tonight. If I was in his position I'd be saying the same thing. Trump needs to get the message that this is unacceptable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast