Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to Rio to watch Olympics ?

Danke should do the right thing and take me to the 2020 Olympics, this gives him time to save .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Danke should do the right thing and take me to the 2020 Olympics, this gives him time to save .
    Tokyo Olympics should be much safer, so I could be your guide. You may want to get one of those translation apps, the natives might mistake you as one of the locals.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I think the 1964 Olympics were in Tokyo too.

Ceremonies open on Fri ?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Swimming in doo-doo

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Nope

Mini-bottles of lube, rubbers, and a lot of $1 bills?
    For da Boom Boom Room.

@TheTexan

Michael Phelps could break the law at the Opening Ceremony

RIO DE JANEIRO - Michael Phelps could break federal law at the Opening Ceremony in Rio on Friday.

The infraction could happen during the Parade of Nations. When the athletes of visiting countries pass the flag of the host country, it is customary for the flag bearer to dip their country's flag as a sign of respect.

It's customary for every country except the United States. The United States Flag Code, federal law, says the American flag "should not be dipped to any person or thing."

Michael Phelps was selected to be the Team USA flag bearer earlier this week. He will likely be instructed to uphold this tradition, as flag bearers before him have been told.

We'll see what he decides to do Friday night during the Opening Ceremony. The Ceremony starts at 7:30 p.m. on 11Alive.

The no-dipping tradition started in 1908 in London, according to Mental Floss, when an Irish-American flag bearer did not want to dip the American flag to the Union Jack. It was reinforced in 1936 when U.S. flag bearer did not dip the flag as an act of protest against Adolf Hitler.

U.S. flag bearer Todd Lodwick did not dip the flag to Putin and the Russian flag in Sochi in 2014.

While the flag code prohibits dipping the flag, it does not carry a penalty for doing so.

Phelps, the most decorated Olympian of all time with 22 medals, is the second swimmer to serve as flag bearer.
    http://www.11alive.com/sports/olympi...mony/288433354
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Tokyo Olympics should be much safer, so I could be your guide. You may want to get one of those translation apps, the natives might mistake you as one of the locals.

They are probably all ready by now.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

He wouldn't dare.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I am still up watching the Opening Ceremonies. I don't know why. NBC has the dumbest commentators ever. I am losing brain cells watching this. They can't even pronounce the names of the countries correctly. What a disgrace.
    #NashvilleStrong

Be prepared, friends. I will be all over this for the next two weeks.
    #NashvilleStrong

Nope, not watching.

Keep me updated if funny stuff happens @euphemia. I might watch that.
    "I am a bird"

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are always a few wonderful surprises, but I don't look for them to come in women's gymnastics. The US team is awash in depth.
    #NashvilleStrong

The olympics are good for teaching geography to kids (and adults). This sports competition on your tv can do more than 12 years of govt schooling.

Google has up today , a pineapple with a tennis racket .That is for the olympics ?

Looks like Ralph Lauren provided the outfits for team USA!.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

When are the doo-doo water events?

Probably , usually look like a gay russian military dress uniform .

Probably , usually look like a gay russian military dress uniform .

Men's gymnastics tonight. Brazil is fairly new to the scene. They translate to hot guys with muscles flying high.
    #NashvilleStrong

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    When are the doo-doo water events?
    Kayaker allegedly hit a submerged couch.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I wouldn't swim in an open water event for a kabillion dollars.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Men's gymnastics tonight. Brazil is fairly new to the scene. They translate to hot guys with muscles flying high.
    I don't know, those women that do those water tricks, dancing half submerged or whatever they call it, are pretty amazing. Are they cheaper by the dozen? I'd like to sponsor them
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Seems increasingly like a vehicle for corporate & globalist propaganda.

With the continual addition of too many sports that seem to dilute it's once great tradition (I see skateboarding will be on the program for 2020: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/04/sp...ball-climbing/)
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-06-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think the 1964 Olympics were in Tokyo too.
    Bob Hayes, Billy Mills, Peter Snell, Valery Brumel, Abebe Bikila, etc. Classic.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-06-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Kayaker allegedly hit a submerged couch.
    Could be worse .

Gymnast for France snapped tibia and fibula on the vault landing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1um9X31I_s

He looks a bit top heavy, but I guess that gives him an advantage in some of the other events.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Gymnast for France snapped tibia and fibula on the vault landing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1um9X31I_s

He looks a bit top heavy, but I guess that gives him an advantage in some of the other events.
    I'd imagine the rings require a lot of upper body strength.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rio is a trainwreck waiting on an opportune disaster.

Instead of watching the Olympics I've decided to dust off my bicycle and ride 50 miles today. Flat country but I have a 5bft wind simulating some uphill irritation/struggle.
    "I am a bird"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast