Thread: Chad Read Shooting: Father Shot Dead Coming to Pick up his Son

Chad Read Shooting: Father Shot Dead Coming to Pick up his Son

Graphic Content
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The oldest child has expressed to me that he blames his mother for the shooting, and that he will run away from home if he sees Kyle there again.
    https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/...on/8765295002/
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Bad actions all around. But damn, people... When do we learn the lesson that getting bold with someone who is armed is a dumb, dumb idea?

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Bad actions all around. But damn, people... When do we learn the lesson that getting bold with someone who is armed is a dumb, dumb idea?

That reminds me of a situation that occurred in Wilkes-Barre, PA, last winter... This couple was having an argument with a neighbor, and the neighbor retreated into his home and returned with an AR (I think). He was in his driveway, about 50 feet or so from the couple, who were standing in the middle of the street. The couple continued to yell at him, and berate him, even as he raised the rifle and EVEN while he fired 5-7 shots at them! He finally hit them... the male retreated into his garage, while the woman fell to the ground and was still yelling at him as she moaned. He went over to her and put a few more rounds into her, then went after the male, and executed him. He returned to the woman who was moaning, but still alive, then put one in her head. He then went back into his garage and committed suicide. And all of this was captured on security camera.

It was one of the most bewildering and awful things I've ever seen, but I couldn't for the life of me understand the mindset of standing there and yelling at someone who is actively SHOOTING at you... It was unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    That reminds me of a situation that occurred in Wilkes-Barre, PA, last winter... This couple was having an argument with a neighbor, and the neighbor retreated into his home and returned with an AR (I think). He was in his driveway, about 50 feet or so from the couple, who were standing in the middle of the street. The couple continued to yell at him, and berate him, even as he raised the rifle and EVEN while he fired 5-7 shots at them! He finally hit them... the male retreated into his garage, while the woman fell to the ground and was still yelling at him as she moaned. He went over to her and put a few more rounds into her, then went after the male, and executed him. He returned to the woman who was moaning, but still alive, then put one in her head. He then went back into his garage and committed suicide. And all of this was captured on security camera.

It was one of the most bewildering and awful things I've ever seen, but I couldn't for the life of me understand the mindset of standing there and yelling at someone who is actively SHOOTING at you... It was unreal.
    Reminder here:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ight=shoveling

Is it bravado? Too much TV?? Who knows?

Some people see weapon brandishing as a threat to their ego more than their life. They convince themselves that the other person won't actually pull the trigger. You also see the opposite reaction where people go into a fight or flight response out of fear. You needn't fear a firearm if you HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR WHAT THEY CAN DO.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Some people see weapon brandishing as a threat to their ego more than their life. They convince themselves that the other person won't actually pull the trigger. You also see the opposite reaction where people go into a fight or flight response out of fear. You needn't fear a firearm if you HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR WHAT THEY CAN DO.
    Ah, yes - thanks! I didn't recall this incident being discussed here.

They left behind a 15 year old son. He's ultimately the victim of his parents' recklessness and the shooters ego.

Continuing to stand there and yell obscenities at someone who is firing at you from 50 feet +/-... I can't imagine what they were thinking... he missed on his first 7 shots, but they had to hear those rounds whizzing by, and impacting somewhere behind them...

Comparably, to keep this on topic, I don't understand the actions of Chad Read in the OP - if I'm unarmed and someone pulls a weapon, I'm retreating as quickly and safely as I can. I'm taking that threat seriously, and living to fight another day.

As most have said, there's a whole lot of stupid to go around. I'm even baffled by Read's wife's response, as she recorded her husband lying lifeless on the ground. Maybe she couldn't believe it... Seems like there's a lot of that going around these days - people refusing to believe what their eyes are seeing.

Seems like there's a lot of that going around these days - people refusing to believe what their eyes are seeing.
    You mean like the common cold killing next to nobody, while the multi-trillion dollar jab we bought has people keeling over with heart failure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You mean like the common cold killing next to nobody, while the multi-trillion dollar jab we bought has people keeling over with heart failure?
    To be honest, I got the Pfizer jabs last March. I got them at the behest of a family member (an in-law) with whom I was moving in with for a short amount of time while she was pregnant. My life circumstances led me to a moment in time where I honestly didn't care how everything turned out at that point. I was working through a severe depression, partly due to the extensive lockdowns but honestly due to several other factors... anyway... I got the jabs and I'm fine, as far as I can tell, so far.

Life goes on, until it doesn't.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The mother is responsible for causing this death even if she didn't pull the trigger.

Who wants to bet that she'll face no accountability?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The mother is responsible for causing this death even if she didn't pull the trigger.

Who wants to bet that she'll face no accountability?

To be honest, I got the Pfizer jabs last March. I got them at the behest of a family member (an in-law) with whom I was moving in with for a short amount of time while she was pregnant. My life circumstances led me to a moment in time where I honestly didn't care how everything turned out at that point. I was working through a severe depression, partly due to the extensive lockdowns but honestly due to several other factors... anyway... I got the jabs and I'm fine, as far as I can tell, so far.

Life goes on, until it doesn't.
    Im glad, my friend. Please don't make a habit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Im glad, my friend. Please don't make a habit of it.
    I've taken my last shot, bud. I can assure you.

https://rumble.com/vpxn0p-the-chad-r...gal-minds.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Graphic Content
    Here’s one that people can watch:

https://www.leakedreality.com/video/...-south-lubbock
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This was all about ego, no doubt about that. And a good helping of stupid all around.

Hard to determine blame. It’s a series of escalating events.

1) Domestic dispute over kids. It’s a no win to get in the middle of that. It appears the wife has violated terms of custody. Fault: ex-wife.

2) Trespassing. Who lives there, and who really owns the property? Does the shooter have standing to claim the other guy was trespassing? Is it legal there to shoot trespassers? Seems like grabbing the gun is overkill, especially in light of item 1 above. Bringing a gun to the situation? Fault: gun wielding boyfriend.

3) Getting in the face of someone with a gun. Stupid, but not entirely unexpected given the domestic dispute situation. Fault: ex-husband.

4) Holding a long gun and confronting someone chest to chest? You need some distance. Fault: gun wielding boyfriend.

5) Grabbing and pushing someone with gun, especially not disarming them? Even more stupid. Fault: ex-husband.

6) Being pushed clear, not being chased, and shooting the guy anyway? This is about ego, not defense. Fault: boyfriend with gun.

7) Filming and debating the shooter over a dead victim? Stupid. Fault: new wife of victim sitting in car.

And what a cast of characters. The shooter’s ex-wife is the local judge.

Active Self Protection

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Homicide of Chad Read goes before grand jury, no charges will be filed against Carruth
    https://www.kcbd.com/2022/04/01/homi...will-be-filed/