Thread: Fantastic Explanation of Jihad by an Indian Muslim.

Fantastic Explanation of Jihad by an Indian Muslim.

Dr Zakir Naik is an Indian Muslim, residing in Mumbai. He is the founder of the Islamic Research Foundation in Mumbai, India. He is a phenomenal lecturer and has studied world religions, especially the Abrahamic faiths as well as Eastern religions such as Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism.

He quotes from scripture to back his claims, which is why I really like him.

Listen to this 3-min video of dissolving the biggest neocon misconception: Jihad.

YouTube - What is Jihad? By Zakir Naik

1. Jihad in Islam means "to strive or struggle":
    a) against one's own inner inclinations that leads one away from Allah (God)
    b) to make society better
    c) in the battlefield in self-defense
    d) against tyranny and oppression

2. Qu'ran says "Where you find Kafir [non-Muslims], you kill them." This is one of the most widely quoted propaganda tools by neocons against Islam.

a) Indeed, the Qu'ran does mention this, but its a quote taken out of context, because in immediately previous verses, it is referring to a peace treaty broken by a foreign group, and so the Qu'ran in this verse is declaring war. In the battlefield of war, the Qu'ran is thus saying to kill wherever you find non-Muslims, but this is exclusively during times of war only. In other words, these verses that describe jihad in the Qu'ran are what any effective military General would tell his soldiers.

3. Jihad means struggle or strive against the above-listed things. It does NOT mean 'holy war'. In fact, nowhere in the entire Qu'ran nor the Hadith is the word 'holy war' mentioned.

4. Ultimately, only two of the four possible definitions of Jihad is violent, but the Qu'ran makes it clear that violent Jihad applies only in instances of self-defense or in response to oppression and tyranny.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, given the oppression and tyranny we have instituted against the Muslim world for the better part of the last century and given the killing of civilians we've done for the last 20 years, I would say that both "c" and "d" interpretations of Jihad are justified.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

And Mohammad himself, self defensed his way across Arabia, while subsequent followers self defensed themselves across Spain, Southern Europe, and all the Way to Vienna, until stopped on September 11, 1683.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

the neocons would say it's taqiyya and say this guy is lying and conning people to let down their guard
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by freshjiva View Post
    2. Qu'ran says "Where you find Kafir [non-Muslims], you kill them." This is one of the most widely quoted propaganda tools by neocons against Islam.

a) Indeed, the Qu'ran does mention this, but its a quote taken out of context, because in immediately previous verses, it is referring to a peace treaty broken by a foreign group, and so the Qu'ran in this verse is declaring war. In the battlefield of war, the Qu'ran is thus saying to kill wherever you find non-Muslims, but this is exclusively during times of war only. In other words, these verses that describe jihad in the Qu'ran are what any effective military General would tell his soldiers.
    I'll be honest this guys interpretation does not make me feel any better - it actually makes me feel worse. So basically:

1. The Koran says kill all non-Muslims no matter where you find them.

2. BUT only in times of war.

Well what defines when you are at war? And what if you are at war with one entity but other non-Muslims have nothing do with it? You should still kill all non-Muslims wherever you find them?

Why does he add "wherever you find them"? And why does he not differentiate between women and children and other civilians?

Quote Originally Posted by tropicangela View Post
    the neocons would say it's taqiyya and say this guy is lying and conning people to let down their guard
    I'd say the majority of neocons would agree that "Islam is a religion of peace". At least most of the more prominent ones.

YouTube - GWB's entire "Islam is Peace" speech

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    And Mohammad himself, self defensed his way across Arabia, while subsequent followers self defensed themselves across Spain, Southern Europe, and all the Way to Vienna, until stopped on September 11, 1683.
    Bahaha
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

Quote Originally Posted by eOs View Post
    Bahaha
    The Day of the Siege: September Eleven 1683 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1899285/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I'll be honest this guys interpretation does not make me feel any better - it actually makes me feel worse. So basically:

1. The Koran says kill all non-Muslims no matter where you find them.

2. BUT only in times of war.

Well what defines when you are at war? And what if you are at war with one entity but other non-Muslims have nothing do with it? You should still kill all non-Muslims wherever you find them?

Why does he add "wherever you find them"? And why does he not differentiate between women and children and other civilians?
    Well , when you cannot read the Cleric will let you know when it is time of war .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by tropicangela View Post
    I am not a neo con , but , why would I think he is not lying ? He would desire an environment I do not . Having lived among them , I would not let my guard down . To be fair though . I do not let my guard down with others as well .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-12-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    Do something Danke

(those posts are six years old)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    (those posts are six years old)

And?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members