Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand explains his vote for Pompeo

Rand explains his vote for Pompeo

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He doesn't.
    That's, just like, your opinion, man..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's, just like, your opinion, man..
    He met with Pompeo last week. WTF were they talking about?

There is no military solution in Afghanistan or Syria?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There is no military solution in Afghanistan or Syria?
    So why did Pompeo fail to answer this question during the hearing? Is he a bubblehead? This should disqualify him from getting the nomination.

So why did Pompeo fail to answer this question during the hearing? Is he a bubblehead? This should disqualify him from getting the nomination.
    When did they meet? When was the hearing?

Watch the video again. He met with Pompeo and Trump again today. "Now Pompeo and Trump admitted there is not a military solution in Afghanistan."

Ultimately the decision making process is down to Trump.
    Last edited by kahless; 04-23-2018 at 05:31 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    10-10 becomes 11-9 when Coons changes from no to present? Shouldn't it be 10-9?

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Watch the video again. He met with Pompeo and Trump again today. "Now Pompeo and Trump admitted there is not a military solution in Afghanistan."

He believes Trump shares his vision on foreign policy and ultimately the decision making process is down to Trump.
    This circumvents the hearing and nomination process. Banana republic level.

He either should have been a yes with an explanation or held to a no. This just isn't a good way to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    He either should have been a yes with an explanation or held to a no. This just isn't a good way to do things.
    He was a yes with a good explanation...

He was a yes with a good explanation...
    I decided to disregard what I heard in the open hearing and instead went to a back room filled with smoke. We had a few cigars and had an understanding (or so I think). I mean nothing substantial but he has a way to make me feel good. That's why I will never run for POTUS again. Donald also promised to issue refunds to all people who donated to my campaign.

There is no good explanation for this flip-flop.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Don't make a big spectacle if you aren't going to follow through.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Do you guys think he was threatened by the establishment? Just a theoretical thought. I wonder if politicians like this who seem to stand for something we like change positions on things due to being threatened by higher ups.

But then Ron seemed to have stood his ground on almost everything and didn't seem to compromise. Though I don't think compromise is necessarily a negative thing depending on the topic.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    Do you guys think he was threatened by the establishment? Just a theoretical thought. I wonder if politicians like this who seem to stand for something we like change positions on things due to being threatened by higher ups.

But then Ron seemed to have stood his ground on almost everything and didn't seem to compromise. Though I don't think compromise is necessarily a negative thing depending on the topic.
    I am not going knock Ron but what did he accomplish with that tactic other than make some forum members here happy. Rand however works with our Presidents and Congress to get the job done.

I suspect over time the troops will be quietly drawn down and it will show Rand made the right decision to make deals to get the job done, Yet in a forum that bears his name neither will get any credit from some of the same characters and they will still bitch and moan about Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I am not going knock Ron but what did he accomplish with that tactic other than make some forum members here happy. Rand however works with our Presidents and Congress to get the job done.

I suspect over time the troops will be quietly drawn down and it will show Rand made the right decision to make deals to get the job done, Yet in a forum that bears his name neither will get any credit from some of the same characters and they will still bitch and moan about Rand.
    "I'm not going to knock Ron, but, I'm a liar and I will in the first sentence"
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post

AFAIK Rene Boucher hasn't gone to jail, and is still living next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Has Rand jumped on board the Q train?

Q says trust POTUS, trust Kansas.(Pompeo)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

Don't make a big spectacle if you aren't going to follow through.
    Exactly.

It would be one thing if Rand had said he was on the fence the whole time and needed convincing or assurances. But he has been hammering this guy for weeks and then all of the sudden just caves? It's complete and utter horse$#@!.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Exactly.

It would be one thing if Rand had said he was on the fence the whole time and needed convincing or assurances. But he has been hammering this guy for weeks and then all of the sudden just caves? It's complete and utter horse$#@!.
    Thank you armchair quarterback.. because it couldn't possibly be that Rand knows more than you.

Thank you armchair quarterback.. because it couldn't possibly be that Rand knows more than you.
    Voting yes is very reasonable. Being this vocally no and then changing your mind to pressure is not reasonable. The vote itself is not the problem. There are a lot of issues that are very insignificant where subhuman morons on here complain about Rand. The list of minor grievances is long and the IQs of the complainers are very low. The problem with this vote is he didn't properly set expectations and it leaves everyone unhappy with Rand. It is a needless error that Rand makes some variation of more that he should.

If it wasn't for Matt, Rand would not be a senator...

So I can understand his disappointment.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voting yes is very reasonable. Being this vocally no and then changing your mind to pressure is not reasonable. The vote itself is not the problem. There are a lot of issues that are very insignificant where subhuman morons on here complain about Rand. The list of minor grievances is long and the IQs of the complainers are very low. The problem with this vote is he didn't properly set expectations and it leaves everyone unhappy with Rand. It is a needless error that Rand makes some variation of more that he should.
    What are you talking about?

Rand said in interviews that he would vote for Pompeo if he agreed that Iraq was a mistake and there is no military solution in Afghanistan or Syria. Allegedly Rand talked to Pompeo and he agreed with those terms, or some set of similar terms that Rand found highly advantageous if he follows through.

What is Rand supposed to do? Just say, "oh you're lying..", or should he stick with what he said he would do? Has Pompeo been dishonest with Rand in the past? Is there any reason he shouldn't trust his word? Clearly they have had policy disagreements in the past.

Bingo..... you explained it a lot more eloquently than I did...

Trump runs on a non-interventionist foreign policy and as Rand said in the video was closer to his foreign policy then any of the candidates running. Yet there has been total RPF freak out in opposing Trump more than any other candidate or politician continually since 2015.

After meetings with Trump/Pompeo, Rand believes we are pulling out of Afghanistan and that people will be surprised by Trump's foreign policy. Total RPF freak out and part of the forum turns on Rand.

It is not Rand that has the credibility problem, it is some of the clowns in this forum with their daily doom and conspiracy freak outs.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    AFAIK Rene Boucher hasn't gone to jail, and is still living next door.

You know someone brought to my attention something very fishy about that. Why was Rand even cutting his own grass? They don't have a budget for a groundskeeper? And it takes a lot of force to do that much damage. Just a "tackle" shouldn't do that.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You know someone brought to my attention something very fishy about that. Why was Rand even cutting his own grass? They don't have a budget for a groundskeeper? And it takes a lot of force to do that much damage. Just a "tackle" shouldn't do that.
    Because Randal has said (even before the attack) that he enjoys doing his own lawncare. I know plenty of men that do, I prefer to do my own overpaying somebody to do it. If you have ever watched any of his personal interviews, gardening/yard stuff always comes up, eg: redwoods and cherry trees. Hell, I do to, and I got rid of our last lawn crew years ago after they cut a 4yr old blueberry vine at the base, killing it forever. And It wasn't just a "tackle", it was a blind-side tackle, followed by somebody landing on top and punching and kicking.

As to the OP issue, Randal has earned my trust. Has he said he would vote for the pro-torture broad as his replacement?
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-24-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    As to the OP issue, Randal has earned my trust. Has he said he would vote for the pro-torture broad as his replacement?
    I don't know. But he has new ammunition to vote against it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...om-ex-generals

And FTR I haven't gone against Rand on this vote. Yes it's disappointing, but as I said, he's still done better than what could have been expected the way he ran for Senate the first time.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast