Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside the mind of a "law and order" Republican

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

We're living the death spiral of government and her laws...

Child molesters get paroled and weed farmers get life, state actors operate with impunity while more than half the country literally exists off the other halfs production...

I'm ready for the grande finale...
    When a field becomes overgrown with weeds one does not reject all plants and salt it.
    We are most certainly neck deep in corruption and abuse that can happen to any necessary thing.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    At lower population levels less is required (which is why excessive urbanization was one of the worst things to happen to this country), but the wild west for all it's freedom still had and needed Sheriffs and U.S. Marshalls and the U.S. Cavalry.
    No it didn't. You would understand that if you read my post. And your quick response to my post informs me that you have not. But, you seem to have some refusal for doing so. So I guess we are done.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cops are a band of brotherhood that think they are better than everyone else and it is them against everyone else.

The horrors of lemonade anarchy.

UK Police Fine 5-Year-Old Girl 150 Pounds for Selling Lemonade

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...ling-lemonade/

At lower population levels less is required (which is why excessive urbanization was one of the worst things to happen to this country), but the wild west for all it's freedom still had and needed Sheriffs and U.S. Marshalls and the U.S. Cavalry.
    And again you refuse to be edified. Instead regurgitating all you have been force fed to swallow. Why should I bother at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And again you refuse to be edified. Instead regurgitating all you have been force fed to swallow. Why should I bother at this point?
    Your unfair Neg-Rep and double response will not provoke me into further debate. You Anarchists can't learn, your idiotic theories would only lead to tribal savagery, subjective justice and the strong preying upon the weak. I will not discuss this further.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 07-21-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your unfair Neg-Rep and double response will not provoke me into further debate. You Anarchists can't learn, your idiotic theories would only lead to tribal savagery subjective justice and the strong preying upon the weak. I will not discuss this further.
    I'm not an anarchist. Nice try at painting me into a corner. Yeah, I guess we are done.

When a field becomes overgrown with weeds one does not reject all plants and salt it.
    We are most certainly neck deep in corruption and abuse that can happen to any necessary thing.
    Burning them every spring for several years might help...

A little Revolution now and then....

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Or getting a bunch of old goats to eat 'em out and reseed with productive yeilds.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A little Revolution now and then....
    Can't have that with a law and order police state, now can we? To do so would be a declaration that the forced law and order is unlawful and disorderly, now isn't it?

Can't have that with a law and order police state, now can we? To do so would be a declaration that the forced law and order is unlawful and disorderly, now isn't it?
    I have never been in favor of the "law and order police state", all of my comments have favored a reduction of police numbers and activities.
    But advocating revolution against tyrannical corruption of the law and law enforcement agencies is not a declaration that the enforced law and order is unlawful and disorderly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your unfair Neg-Rep and double response will not provoke me into further debate. You Anarchists can't learn, your idiotic theories would only lead to tribal savagery, subjective justice and the strong preying upon the weak. I will not discuss this further.
    But what about Somalia?

The only thing worse than police are no police.

I'm not an anarchist. Nice try at painting me into a corner. Yeah, I guess we are done.
    Is this the new thing? I see a lot of people lately who claim they are not anarchists but they are against a police force and an army.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    But what about Somalia?

The only thing worse than police are no police.
    Sports matches don't need umpires right?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is this the new thing? I see a lot of people lately who claim they are not anarchists but they are against a police force and an army.
    I dunno, is it? I don't get out much. I'm not an anarchist. I'm against governmental policing. I'm against a standing army. I'm pretty sure that I share values with those that fought the American Revolution. So...I don't think it is a very new concept.

I have never been in favor of the "law and order police state", all of my comments have favored a reduction of police numbers and activities.
    I don't even have to leave the front page to find a counter example.

By that logic you can't catch any criminal, if the illegals leave the sanctuary cities they will be in jurisdictions that cooperate with ICE.

More enforcement will lead to decreased illegal activity.

Sports matches don't need umpires right?
    Yup. That's a good one. I used to have all sorts of intricate arguments with anarchists but I got tired of it. Now my main argument is just that it's impossible. Government, in one form or another, always exists.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dunno, is it? I don't get out much. I'm not an anarchist. I'm against governmental policing. I'm against a standing army. I'm pretty sure that I share values with those that fought the American Revolution. So...I don't think it is a very new concept.
    What do you think government should do?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I don't even have to leave the front page to find a counter example.
    I was referring to my comments on this thread, the fact that I want enforcement of immigration laws that have been deliberately ignored for decades is not "being in favor of 'the law and order police state'".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I was referring to my comments on this thread, the fact that I want enforcement of immigration laws that have been deliberately ignored for decades is not "being in favor of 'the law and order police state'".
    Government caused problems aren't going to be fixed by government...

Government caused problems aren't going to be fixed by government...
    That depends on how you think government caused the problem, omission or commission.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That depends on how you think government caused the problem, omission or commission.
    No it doesn't.

More government isn't going to fix government, period.

Arguing semantics is silly.

What do you think government should do?
    Depends. Federal, State, County or local? At any length only that for which it can be voluntarily funded and abided.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-21-2017 at 06:04 PM.

No it doesn't.

More government isn't going to fix government, period.

Arguing semantics is silly.
    If government failed to do a job that it is supposed to do then if it does that job it fixes the problem. QED

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Immigration enforcement by ICE in cities in the interior of the United States is police enforcement and part of the"law and order police state"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Immigration enforcement by ICE in cities in the interior of the United States is police enforcement and part of the"law and order police state"
    The "law and order police state" is whatever you want it to be?
    If you mean that the "law and order police state" is having police and the law being enforced then I stand guilty as charged, but that is not what it is taken to mean in ordinary conversation, it is used to describe big brother always watching and pouncing on the smallest infraction, with too many laws to keep track of, and "police presence" omnipresent to keep the population submissive etc.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If government failed to do a job that it is supposed to do then if it does that job it fixes the problem. QED
    "Government' has literally semi loads of rules-n-regulations.

So many that even intelligent people couldn't read and understand a fraction of them over a 20 year career..

Supporting another 20 years cycle of even more government to suck pensions and accomplish little for too much money is a fools game.

Government isn't going to fix government because government works just fine if you're part of it.....

Try to define the 'job' of government...........Just one segment..........Then think about all the other segments of government that exist to support/justify and finance that one segment to do one thing.......If you get through that exercise then try to determine if that segment you looked at does its 'job' well.......Does it do its 'job' cost effectively?

Like I keep saying;

More government isn't going to fix government....

"Government' has literally semi loads of rules-n-regulations.

So many that even intelligent people couldn't read and understand a fraction of them over a 20 year career..

Supporting another 20 years cycle of even more government to suck pensions and accomplish little for too much money is a fools game.

Government isn't going to fix government because government works just fine if you're part of it.....

Try to define the 'job' of government...........Just one segment..........Then think about all the other segments of government that exist to support/justify and finance that one segment to do one thing.......If you get through that exercise then try to determine if that segment you looked at does its 'job' well.......Does it do its 'job' cost effectively?

Like I keep saying;

More government isn't going to fix government....
    Another Anarchist, this conversation is over.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Another Anarchist, this conversation is over.
    $#@! you man.

I didn't start calling names or trying to hang labels on you.

This is the kind of $#@! that'll get you knocked on your ass in person.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast