Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbucks in hot water for having cops remove two black men from Philly store

This whole incident is a Catch-22.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Tell me about it... The alley behind my office is littered with used condoms, needles, liquor bottles, etc. The hell I will let that in my space that I pay rent and feed my kids.
    And if I'm understanding this correctly, they asked to use the bathroom but were denied because they hadn't bought anything. They then sat down and hung out for a few minutes. The manager politely asked them to purchase something or leave. They refused to leave. The manager then did what society has drawn out as the solution to unwanted trespassers- call the police. The police showed up more understanding than I typically expect and try to reason with the men that they had been asked to leave and would need to do so. They still refused to leave. The police arrest them for trespassing. The person they were meeting showed up after this and all is supposed to be good?

They were asked to purchase something or leave. Not that uncommon a request. They refused to do either. They were then asked to leave. They became trespassers at that point and regardless of who they were waiting for or what their intentions were, they were still trespassing.

Starbucks being ran by a bunch of emotional progressives, they've effectively helped the pending lawsuit against them by publicly apologizing and terminating the manager who asked some pretty basic requests to a couple of trespassers. They should have doubled down and explained the real nuisance that is caused by loiterers and trespassers.

I probably couldn't count the number of times I've been asked to purchase something or leave on one hand. You know what I did? I purchased something or left. If the establishment was particularly rude about it or insinuated I did not belong in their establishment (because they assumed I did not have money to pay) you know what I did? I left. And boycotted their establishment. I didn't sit down, refuse to leave, and act like an entitled piece of $#@! with a victim mentality.

Pretty simple stuff, actually.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Pretty simple stuff, actually.
    Except for the other video,, recorded earlier and surfaced when this one went Viral..

In the other video a white man and a black man,, both ask to use the bathroom.
    The white non Purchasing (Non-customer?) was allowed to use the bathroom,, the black man was removed by security for asking.

and The Starbucks Board of Directors saw that too.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Except for the other video,, recorded earlier and surfaced when this one went Viral..

In the other video a white man and a black man,, both ask to use the bathroom.
    The white non Purchasing (Non-customer?) was allowed to use the bathroom,, the black man was removed by security for asking.

and The Starbucks Board of Directors saw that too.
    I suppose that I should have clarified that I do not give two $#@!s about this supposed injustice and Starbucks in general (I did not watch every video regarding this incident).

I was commenting from a private property perspective (which to be clear, allows for anyone, for any reason, to be asked to leave).

I was commenting because this sort of nonsense is becoming the norm and will affect all business.

They say a retired Federal Judge in Philadelphia is involved in mediation between Starbucks and the two trespassers. A nice payout for refusing to leave private property upon request... do you consider this a win?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I was commenting from a private property perspective (which to be clear, allows for anyone, for any reason, to be asked to leave).
    And I commented on that aspect.
    It is Phucking Stupid Business,, regardless of whether is is your right...
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I suppose that I should have clarified that I do not give two $#@!s about this supposed injustice and Starbucks in general (I did not watch every video regarding this incident).

I was commenting because this sort of nonsense is becoming the norm and will affect all business.

They say a retired Federal Judge in Philadelphia is involved in mediation between Starbucks and the two trespassers. A nice payout for refusing to leave private property upon request... do you consider this a win?

The funniest part of the video Pete is talking about is the manager was asian or hispanic.. not white..

The black guy made a huge scene, brought the white guy over who was all quiet and confronted them about it.

What he doesn't realize is if he was quiet and polite and acted like he was in a coffee shop they would have let him use the restroom, even though they are under no obligation to do so.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

And I commented on that aspect.
    It is Phucking Stupid Business,, regardless of whether is is your right...
    You keep saying this, but have you ever ran or managed a successful, legitimate business? I have been running one on my own since 2003. Granted, I have never called the cops, but I have told people to leave.

100% agree. It's a little disturbing to me that this incident is split down the middle on this forum.

By the way I read an article a day or two ago that said the CEO was meeting with the two guys AND a bunch of race whores like Al Sharpton, etc. I'm sure Starbucks is going to have to make a bunch of "donations" to various groups.
    Last edited by Madison320; 04-19-2018 at 01:10 PM.

You keep saying this, but have you ever ran or managed a successful, legitimate business? I have been running one on my own since 2003. Granted, I have never called the cops, but I have told people to leave.
    I was wondering about that. I'll bet Starbucks has to ask a lot of people to leave each day out of all their businesses in the US. But probably 99% leave voluntarily.

Also I admire anyone who can run a successful business, especially these days.
    Last edited by Madison320; 04-19-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Hell, even some "customers" end up being nothing but an expense. I've stopped servicing paying customers before, just because what they were willing to pay wasn't worth the effort that could be better spent on others.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    That guy is actually a conservative--he was trolling the store.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I did business,, but never a licensed business,,
    My Wife managed stores for many years.. likely the same place from this song.

Step Daughter managed a Bar..

I know something bout managing people.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Hell, even some "customers" end up being nothing but an expense. I've stopped servicing paying customers before, just because what they were willing to pay wasn't worth the effort that could be better spent on others.
    That would be a judgement call,,,
    People get thrown out,,,

But if you hire some rabid racist as a manager it may cost your buisness..
    but that is your call...
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Wait a minute, you're siding with Starbucks? I figured you'd be at the protest!

People get thrown out,,,

but that is your call...
    If starbucks had hired a rabid racist instead of a SJW then they'd probably not even be in this mess.

If starbucks had hired a rabid racist instead of a SJW then they'd probably not even be in this mess.
    There is a difference?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

People get thrown out,,,

but that is your call...
    Being a minority doesn't give you an excuse to claim racism every time something happens to you that isn't good, things that aren't good happen to everybody. White people are denied bathroom usage as well, most people just leave.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There is a difference?
    Hard to argue on that point.. but SJWs tend to be racist against white people and asians and such.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was just going to leave it with the affirmation in the rep, but yeah,.I have stopped doing business with paying customers too for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    White people are denied bathroom usage as well, most people just leave.
    Well, google HR says "avoiding conflict" is a "white male dominant culture" behavior and should not be rewarded or encouraged.

Being a minority doesn't give you an excuse to claim racism every time something happens to you that isn't good, things that aren't good happen to everybody. White people are denied bathroom usage as well, most people just leave.
    The video shows exactly that..

A white man
    A Black man

White man use the bathroom without ordering

Black man get the bums rush by security... for asking the same question.

This was the event that happened separately from the two men being arrested.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

So you got enough of a taste to figure that you could easily do it, but not enough to get a headache from the actual day to day drudgery.
    I did business,, but never a licensed business,,
    My Wife managed stores for many years.. likely the same place from this song.

Step Daughter managed a Bar..

I know something bout managing people.

White people are denied bathroom usage as well, most people just leave.
    On occasion in some places.

I have been known to piss on the outside of the building if refused the proper facilities.

Tempted to stand there and piss a puddle on their floor and walk out...

Respect gets respect and rude gets rude.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The video shows exactly that..

A white man
    A Black man

White man use the bathroom without ordering

Black man get the bums rush by security... for asking the same question.

This was the event that happened separately from the two men being arrested.
    Ya, by THIS manager:

And like I said, if you go into a coffee shop and act like you're in a coffee shop, talk quietly, be respectful of other customers, it doesn't matter what color your skin is they will let you use the bathroom.

If you come in with an attitude acting all entitled like the guy in the video, then they probably won't. Has nothing to do with race.

I have been known to piss on the outside of the building if refused the proper facilities.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you got enough of a taste to figure that you could easily do it, but not enough to get a headache from the actual day to day drudgery.
    My wife and step daughter are both capable of taking the trash out themselves.
    My assistance was not required..

I have watched them both handle drunken shrimpers, homeless panhandlers, and thieves without police assistance,,

so perhaps I just have different perspective
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Have you ever had to clean $#@! off the walls in a public bathroom?

If you use public bathrooms, you know occasionally you walk in and there is $#@! everywhere. Somebody has to clean that $#@! up, and at some point, management decides to restrict bathroom usage.

I wouldn't take it personally..

I know it sucks, it's kinda degrading, I've pissed on the side of gas stations late at night when nothing else is open and they have their bathrooms restricted. But think about all the people in the world cleaning $#@! off the walls in a public restroom right now, peeing outside is not that degrading in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Catch 22 in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Catch 22 in what way?
    catch-22
    noun
    a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.
    "a catch-22 situation"

synonyms: dilemma, quandary, vicious circle
    There is no spoon.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast