Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump starting his own political party

Trump starting his own political party

https://politicalwire.com/2021/01/19...litical-party/

Trump Has Discussed Starting a New Political Party
    January 19, 2021 at 9:29 pm EST By Taegan Goddard 197 Comments

“President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House,” the Wall Street Journal reports.

“Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week… The president said he would want to call the new party the ‘Patriot Party.'”

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...forming/34867/

– Trump supporters are talking about starting a new political party and calling it the Patriot Party. Might as well call it the Confederate party and be done with it. Here’s the thing: if the conservative vote is split among the Republican Party and the Patriot Party, either party will have a difficult time winning elections. The Democrats will dominate for awhile, until one of the two conservative parties dies.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *cough* Reform Party Part Deux.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How much will the membership fee be? I presume it'll be a monthly subscription to Patriotism...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Guess this means Trump will continue to destroy the Republican party.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Guess this means Trump will continue to destroy the Republican party.
    The GOP hasn't been conservative since Robert Taft.
    Some things need to be destroyed.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Here’s the thing: if the conservative vote is split among the Republican Party and the Patriot Party, either party will have a difficult time winning elections.
    Good. I hope that is exactly what happens.

If in any given election the Democrats get an outright majority of votes, then they would likely have won anyway, and there having being two "conservative" (LOL) parties instead of just one (LOL again) won't really have made a difference. But if under the same circumstance the Democrats can only win by pluralities, then their perceived "legitimacy" in the public mind will be undermined, which is all to the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    The Democrats will dominate for awhile, until one of the two conservative parties dies.
    Good. I hope that is exactly what happens, too.

And if the Republicans end up going the way of the Whigs, then so much the better.

I mean, it's not like anyone who actually gives a damn about liberty would actually notice the difference ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Be sure to donate hard and often to his new party.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    *cough* Reform Party Part Deux.
    Shades of Millard Fillmore and his departure from the Whigs. Also.
    If his Patriot Party comes into being, it will pull voters from the GOP,
    the Libertarians and the Constitution parties, less so from the Green
    or the Democratic. It changes the political landscape, it makes it all
    more difficult for a candidate like Jerry Ford or Bob Dole to get into
    the White House. DJT is about to rewire the whole political landscape.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Shades of Millard Fillmore and his departure from the Whigs. Also.
    If his Patriot Party comes into being, it will pull voters from the GOP,
    the Libertarians and the Constitution parties, less so from the Green
    or the Democratic. It changes the political landscape, it makes it all
    more difficult for a candidate like Jerry Ford or Bob Dole to get into
    the White House. DJT is about to rewire the whole political landscape.
    Trump isn't going to do a thing, he can't even whine on twitter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Good. I hope that is exactly what happens, too.

And if the Republicans end up going the way of the Whigs, then so much the better.

I mean, it's not like anyone who actually gives a damn about liberty would actually notice the difference ...
    Yup, this.

I, frankly, don't think we're going to survive the coming Marxist revolution, considering that the left has now consolidated almost universal power in every single institution in the country: they have all three branches of government, they have the media complex, they have the military complex, they have the entertainment complex, the have the schools from pre-day care to graduate school, and they have all of the most powerful corporate organizations, including those that control every byte of data in our world and they now have the largest Christian Church in the world in their corner as well.

We have nothing, other than a failed political party of weaklings, collaborators, Quislings, backstabbers and traitors.

What $#@!ing good is Mitch McConnell or Lindsey Graham or Mittens Romney to the cause of liberty or the fight that is coming?

There may be one or two shining stars in Congress, that in normal times may have grown to become statesmen of liberty.

But they'll be crushed.

Nope...we have no one...no one is coming to save us...if we are going to survive, it will only be because of our effort and will.

Get tough or die.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup, this.

I, frankly, don't think we're going to survive the coming Marxist revolution, considering that the left has now consolidated almost universal power in every single institution in the country: they have all three branches of government, they have the media complex, they have the military complex, they have the entertainment complex, the have the schools from pre-day care to graduate school, and they have all of the most powerful corporate organizations, including those that control every byte of data in our world and they now have the largest Christian Church in the world in their corner as well.

We have nothing, other than a failed political party of weaklings, collaborators, Quislings, backstabbers and traitors.

What $#@!ing good is Mitch McConnell or Lindsey Graham or Mittens Romney to the cause of liberty or the fight that is coming?

There may be one or two shining stars in Congress, that in normal times may have grown to become statesmen of liberty.

But they'll be crushed.

Nope...we have no one...no one is coming to save us...if we are going to survive, it will only be because of our effort and will.

Get tough or die.
    As it has always been. They have had for a very long time universal power in every single institution. Think what it was like prior to the internet with the majority of the nation getting their news from a single leftist half hour nightly news casts from the big 3 networks and newspapers like NYT. Go back and watch TV programs from years ago objectively. Allot of big government propaganda in those old shows. We just have more in your face degeneracy these days and more access to their propaganda 24x7 than ever before.

A Trump third party will just make the Dems stronger and worsen the situation you fear. I think some people project their values on Trump since he stood for the only opposition to the Dems but what does the Trump brand really stand for? A third party without them can pull voters from both parties since it would not be starting out with a tarnished brand and baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The GOP hasn't been conservative since Robert Taft.
    Some things need to be destroyed.
    Amen.

I'm skeptical that a complete party collapse like the Whigs of old is even possible in today's day and age. After Perot, the establishment made it intentionally far more difficult to generate momentum for a third party. That can change, and there is certainly a massive incongruity between the GOP and their base, but it's an uphill battle, especially with the blacklisting.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I'm skeptical that a complete party collapse like the Whigs of old is even possible in today's day and age. After Perot, the establishment made it intentionally far more difficult to generate momentum for a third party. That can change, and there is certainly a massive incongruity between the GOP and their base, but it's an uphill battle, especially with the blacklisting.
    Given election rigging, Republicans will be kept around in sufficient numbers so as to convince the masses that the two parties represent the range of acceptable thought in the country. The Republican party will be completely controlled opposition and complicit in the relentless march toward the left.

Of course, some are fully able to argue the Republican party has always been controlled opposition. I would not try to defend against the notion, because to do so would likely require going back to the 1800s or at least a time period when traditional American liberties had some real value among the political class.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 01-20-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Here's a reasonable option everyone seems to resist:

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Here's a reasonable option everyone seems to resist:

Every liberty advocate needs to develop their rhetorical abilities in the pursuit of winning over right-leaning individuals to this cause.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Every liberty advocate needs to develop their rhetorical abilities in the pursuit of winning over right-leaning individuals to this cause.
    I'm confident that it is our only hope.

Yea, secession and the subject of States' Rights will certainly fire back up. The truth is, those are two things that should never have lapsed and should have always remained relevant, no matter the party of president. But now, more than ever, they'll be vitally important tests.

It's an interesting dilemma we're in. On one hand, we're told politics don't/shouldn't matter as much as they do. But, they do. And I heard Daniel McAdams put it this way: "you may not be interested in politics, but politics is interested in you" or something to that effect.
    Understanding that's a barb in the hand of ancap, anarchist, agorist, and even some libertarians circles, it's the GD truth. How can we escape the leviathan? We can run, but won't it catch up to us at some point? Do we fight it then, or do we try to fight it now?

What the hell are we doing? Where are we going? What are we supposed to do? Is there any hope for statewide or even nationwide libertarian pushes against tyranny? Or are we too far splintered at this rate not having a figurehead to make any difference? So, what do we do? The GOP can't be used anymore, we've tried that.

Do we just sit back and wait for what's coming? I know Jeff Deist is very much trying to push the Mises audience towards rightful secession, but how are we going to really achieve something like that?
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I'm confident that it is our only hope.
    Make no mistake, I completely believe war will follow secession. However, employing rhetoric in the pursuit of winning over more people to the cause of liberty makes it more likely that war will go in liberty's favor. Accepting the left for what they are, that they will not be content to let us go our own way, means one must prepare accordingly.

Make no mistake, I completely believe war will follow secession. However, employing rhetoric in the pursuit of winning over more people to the cause of liberty makes it more likely that war will go in liberty's favor. Accepting the left for what they are, that they will not be content to let us go our own way, means one must prepare accordingly.
    War on the way to secession, or post secession? I see both equally plausible, if there's anything left of either side after such a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    War on the way to secession, or post secession? I see both equally plausible, if there's anything left of either side after such a war.
    In my mind, post-secession is a guaranteed war. The left will even claim the mantle of righteous authority, citing the American Civil War as their reasoning. It is not impossible for war to occur prior to secession, but I rate the chances of a successful outcome for liberty to be much lower in that event. That is one of the reasons this is something of a perilous time, because the right is not unified around anything. I rate secession as important primarily due to the reality that it can serve as a unifying force in the pursuit of freedom.

Adherents of liberty should seek to subvert the left wherever possible so as to diminish their ability to get anything done and use their speech to rally people to their cause.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 01-20-2021 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup, this.

But they'll be crushed.

Get tough or die.
    Spot on. I cannot believe that anyone would take the idea of a new party seriously. Besides political parties being a huge problem, Rome has fallen. The barbarians are inside the gates and it's too late. The US, is (long) dead. Whatever this place turns into will be something different.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

In my mind, post-secession is a guaranteed war. The left will even claim the mantle of righteous authority, citing the American Civil War as their reasoning. It is not impossible for war to occur prior to secession, but I rate the chances of a successful outcome for liberty to be much lower in that event. That is one of the reasons this is something of a perilous time, because the right is not unified around anything. I rate secession as important primarily due to the reality that it can serve as a unifying force in the pursuit of freedom.

Adherents of liberty should seek to subvert the left wherever possible so as to diminish their ability to get anything done, and use their speech to rally people to their cause.
    I've been thinking about what's in bold since the "election."

There's really never been a more crucial time for all liberty minded people to unite under a single banner of just that: liberty. That includes all conservatives, constitutionalists, libertarians, ancaps, etc.
    Simply, the gargantuan behemoth before us all will devour us separately, one by one. If we can band together and pool resources, there may be a fight worth having. Even from a mathematical point of view, I'd imagine the chances of success with such a coalition are increased.

And I'm not just speaking about political alliances. We need to get into the culture before it's really too late. I just wish I was some wealthy person with resources and/or a platform to start uniting such folks. Or at least attempt to...

Agreed. I'm under no delusion that they would allow a peaceful separation. But I don't see any path forward toward more liberty in trying to remain a part of a country that is seemingly half socialist or worse.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Spot on. I cannot believe that anyone would take the idea of a new party seriously. Besides political parties being a huge problem, Rome has fallen. The barbarians are inside the gates and it's too late. The US, is (long) dead. Whatever this place turns into will be something different.
    I think deep down I already know this, but I am having some trouble coming to terms with it. Part of me thinks there may still be something worth fighting for, or there's some way some of us can still control our destiny.

It's not like it's easy, cheap, or possible for most of us to leave the U.S. That's where a lot of us are screwed. So, all that's left is to fight for the "homeland."

Edit: I should add that I think what's left of fighting for isn't in D.C. I think our next fight goes local/state level for some of us. This is why I am continuously finding myself thinking about the path of secession, but it appears it won't happen without violence at some point.

I'm too old to fight. If my husband and I sold everything, maybe we could escape but that's about it. He's not inclined, though, and escape to where, anyway? The entire planet is doing the COVID theater lie which is bigger than the destruction of the United States. I feel like we're all trapped behind the Berlin wall.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I've been thinking about what's in bold since the "election."

There's really never been a more crucial time for all liberty minded people to unite under a single banner of just that: liberty. That includes all conservatives, constitutionalists, libertarians, ancaps, etc.
    Simply, the gargantuan behemoth before us all will devour us separately, one by one. If we can band together and pool resources, there may be a fight worth having. Even from a mathematical point of view, I'd imagine the chances of success with such a coalition are increased.

And I'm not just speaking about political alliances. We need to get into the culture before it's really too late. I just wish I was some wealthy person with resources and/or a platform to start uniting such folks. Or at least attempt to...
    Here's the thing... And I am going to write this as more of a stream of thought than the more formal and logical presentation I am inclined toward. As such, there may be gaps in the reasoning I have not fleshed out at this time.

The right and all of the variations contained therein are wildly disparate in temperament and ideological standing. This leads to fantastic battles amongst themselves over ideas and the potential ramifications of those ideas. This is a wonderful thing as competition in ideas improves the intellects behind them. However, as a matter of getting anything done, it can also be inhibitive. This is a potentially fatal problem if confronted with a common foe.

Basically, commonality between those on the right must be in as vague of terms as possible. Say, liberty or freedom. Keep it short and sweet. As a matter of getting something done, the fundamental premise must be simple. Anything added to that serves little other purpose than division when it comes time to act.

The time to act draws into question the nature of the action to be taken. An opinion I possess is that there is no single greater unifying force in all of humanity than a shared action. What shared action can liberty adherents take that is least likely to cause division amongst themselves? What shared action can unify the right in a common defense of a singular ideal?

Secession.

Yeah, the actual details of everyone going their own way will be difficult to work out. Divisions and infighting will be inevitable as differences in opinion take hold. However, to reach that point is the dream. I want to live a life divorced from the tyranny of the left even if I do not know what that life looks like. It is the great unknown that should excite the heart and mind of all men that have a desire to leave their mark upon the world.

Agreed. I'm under no delusion that they would allow a peaceful separation. But I don't see any path forward toward more liberty in trying to remain a part of a country that is seemingly half socialist or worse.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Have we finally figured out why the fat bastard got 24/7 free publicity during the primaries, while Rand was He Who Must Not Be Named?
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Have we finally figured out why the fat bastard got 24/7 free publicity during the primaries, while Rand was He Who Must Not Be Named?
    That's a take I haven't heard yet. It's interesting and not out of the realm of whatever it is we have going on now to be unbelievable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast