Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump did not indulge his "inner Libertarian" with sending of more troops to Iraq

Trump did not indulge his "inner Libertarian" with sending of more troops to Iraq

Hawkish leadership on globalist interventions front, Iran needed to be taken care of for US interests also and not just because MAGA's top donor is member of our closest ally Israel's military that faces existential threats from Iran:

US troops leaving Syria will go to Iraq, says Pentagon chief

• 4 hours ago

Media captionUS troops pass through Tal Tamer before a convoy of ambulances arrives from Ras al-Ain All US troops withdrawing from northern Syria are expected to be relocated to western Iraq, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper confirmed.

Mr Esper told reporters that, under current plans, about 1,000 soldiers would be redeployed to help stop the resurgence of Islamic State (IS).
    President Donald Trump has previously pledged to bring US troops home.
    bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50117765

Related

From Iraq to the Red Sea, Iran-Israel Battleground Now Spans Entire Mideast
    Amos Harel
    Oct 18, 2019 6:09 AM
    As the eyes of many in the Middle East are focused on northern Syria, a special note should be given to what was said in Tehran. After a mysterious incident off the coast of Saudi Arabia, it took the Iranians time to reach a conclusion as to what happened there. But on Wednesday, a member of the National Security and Foreign Policy Commission in Tehran said that Israel and Saudi Arabia were involved in the attack on the Iranian oil tanker that came after a series of similar attacks by Iran on tankers making their way to Saudi Arabia and the UAE. In other words, the Iranian account with Israel is still open – and sooner or later an attempt might be made to close it.

US, Israeli efforts put Iraq’s stability on the line ; 104 killed in Iraq unrest, 6000 wounded

Alleged IDF airstrikes targeting Iranian-backed paramilitaries have heightened divisions between the Shiite groups and Iraqi government
    20 September 2019

BAGHDAD (AP) — As the United States and Israel escalate their push to contain Iranian influence in the Middle East, countries in Tehran’s orbit are feeling the heat.
    Pro-Iranian militias across Lebanon, Syria and Iraq are being targeted, both with economic sanctions and precision airstrikes hitting their bases and infrastructure. This is putting the governments that host them in the crosshairs of an escalating confrontation and raising the prospect of open conflict.

Mideast Troops Surge 2019:
    MAGA indulged in his "inner Sheldon Adelson" and sent 14,000 more troops to Mideast from May 2019 to Oct 2019

Un-Related
    Trump: Bannon's Libertarian more than anything else

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought we were supposedly in the process of pulling OUT of Iraq? Peace at last!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Taking them out of an active war zone and avoiding a war with Turkey was absolutely an expression of his "inner libertarian", he can't just bring all the troops all the way home all at once or the Neocons will join the impeachment and he will be replaced by someone much worse.

More troops will come home and the remaining troops will leave Syria in a phased withdrawal.

He has already been attacked by Republicans for avoiding war with Iran and now Turkey, he has to show that he is "protecting our interests and our allies" while arranging to end the wars and bring the troops home.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Do we have any bases closer than Iraq? Seems like the logical first location to send the troops. It's not like all the personnel, equipment, vehicles, and weaponry can just catch a flight back to the states tomorrow.

Is this thread serious? Iraq is an 8 hour drive from Syria, less than 300 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Do we have any bases closer than Iraq? Seems like the logical first location to send the troops. It's not like all the personnel, equipment, vehicles, and weaponry can just catch a flight back to the states tomorrow.

Is this thread serious? Iraq is an 8 hour drive from Syria, less than 300 miles.
    The C-5 will land on unimproved roads...

Fly them the Phuck out yesterday.

or shovel more shoeshine.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

e_d posts any attack he or the MSM can think of on Trump and never cares how true it is.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Objective of the deployment was clearly outlined by top official of commander in chief, looks like you missed that detail why they are being sent there:

US troops leaving Syria will go to Iraq, says Pentagon chief
    4 hours ago
    Mr Esper told reporters that, under current plans, about 1,000 soldiers would be redeployed to help stop the resurgence of Islamic State (IS).
    President Donald Trump has previously pledged to bring US troops home.

There were controversial theories already in the air but those are just unproven thoeries.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The C-5 will land on unimproved roads...

Fly them the Phuck out yesterday.

or shovel more shoeshine.
    We only have 131 C-5s, of that I have no idea how many are set up for passenger transport, or are even currently in service. A typical C-5 is set up to carry 73 passengers. I think we have over 2000 troops over there. So just for the soldiers, you are looking at 28 C-5s to carry that many troops. I'm guessing you might need 4 or 5 times as many planes for all the equipment and vehicles. I doubt we could physically do something like that in a week if we had to. It seems a lot smarter to me to drive 8 hours away to bases under US control, and start bringing everything home in an organized fashion, than unnecessarily create a logistics nightmare.
    Last edited by Grandmastersexsay; 10-20-2019 at 07:00 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Objective of the deployment was clearly outlined by top official of commander in chief, looks like you missed that detail why they are being sent there:

There were controversial theories already in the air but those are just unproven thoeries.
    "ISIS wil return if we leave Syria" is being shouted by all the warmongers, so as part of the phased withdrawal Trump says that the troops will stop them from Iraq if that happens after we take them out of Syria, when it doesn't happen they will come home.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So Trump will be bringing the other half or so Troops back to the US? Better than staying in Syria. Even if all the troops were redeployed to Iraq that would be better than having them stay in Syria.

We only have 131 C-5s, of that I have no idea how many are set up for passenger transport, or are even currently in service. A typical C-5 is set up to carry 73 passengers. I think we have over 2000 troops over there. So just for the soldiers, you are looking at 28 C-5s to carry that many troops. I'm guessing you might need 4 or 5 times as many planes for all the equipment and vehicles. I doubt we could physically do something like that in a week if we had to. It seems a lot smarter to me to drive 8 hours away to bases under US control, and start bringing everything home in an organized fashion, than unnecessarily create a logistics nightmare.
    Blow the equipment in place (like we were taught).

and OK.. Phuck the Air lift.. Drive them straight to the Incirlik Air Base in Turkey and then send them home.

just quit with the damn lies.
    Vacate...post haste..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    "ISIS wil return if we leave Syria" is being shouted by all the warmongers, so as part of the phased withdrawal Trump says that the troops will stop them from Iraq if that happens after we take them out of Syria, when it doesn't happen they will come home.
    The US created ISIS..

The Banks Fund them.. (To hire foreign Mercs)

Turkey provided transport and cover for them.

Turkey is NATO,,, and it's military propped up by the US...

What was your point again?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The US created ISIS..

That the government creates a problem, and he's paid to stir up a reaction, so the government can create a solution that creates more problems.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The US created ISIS..

That Trump is bringing the troops home and that one step to do that without being impeached is to prove they can be taken out of Syria without ISIS making a comeback.

What's your point?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That the government creates a problem, and he's paid to stir up a reaction, so the government can create a solution that creates more problems.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That Trump is bringing the troops home and that one step to do that without being impeached is to prove they can be taken out of Syria without ISIS making a comeback.

What's your point?
    What's yours? Are you trying to brainwash people into believing that a big, bad Alpha withdrawing troops is a high crime, or a misdemeanor?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What's your point?
    That it is Propaganda Bull$hit and Nothing more..

The Agenda has not changed.. We are not leaving..

This is simply the Clown giving a Clown explanation for shuffling troops..

If they were coming home the planes would be landing.. It ain't happening..

wish it was ,, but not enough to believe a lie..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

What's yours? Are you trying to brainwash people into believing that a big, bad Alpha withdrawing troops is a high crime, or a misdemeanor?
    LOL
    The "Alpha" is a stretch..

I have not been convinced he is a man.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

That's some nice Neocon MSM propaganda you are pushing.

These are dangerous talking points, might confuse America-First Alpha believers and may even reinforce media's FLAT narrative.

Don't drink and post.

I support the withdrawal, it's you TDS victims that are attacking it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's a dangerous talking point, might confuse America-First Alpha believers and may even reinforce media's FLAT narrative.
    That makes even less sense than your usual posts.
    Trump is doing exactly what he always said he would do, a phased withdrawal that ensures ISIS doesn't make a comeback.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That it is Propaganda Bull$hit and Nothing more..

The Agenda has not changed.. We are not leaving..

This is simply the Clown giving a Clown explanation for shuffling troops..

If they were coming home the planes would be landing.. It ain't happening..

wish it was ,, but not enough to believe a lie..
    You don't want it to be true, you'd rather watch the world burn and that's all you have to back up your assertions.
    Trump is removing the troops from Syria and he will bring them home in a phased withdrawal just like he always said he would do it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Don't drink and post.

I support the withdrawal, it's you TDS victims that are attacking it.
    You're saying I don't support troop withdrawals? Seriously?

Care to post a link to prove you're not deliberately lying about my position in violation of forum rules? Don't you ever run out of straw to make straw men and call them me? Do you consider that behavior honorable?

Got proof this withdrawal is a withdrawal, not a transfer?

I support the withdrawal,
    No you Don't.. You Parrot whatever your boyfriend says. even when it is Ludicrous.

You have done nothing else here.

Making it easy for a NATO invasion of Syria by another bad actor is not "withdrawal".

Moving into another unstable country we destabilized (and should have left entirely years ago) is not "withdrawal".

Standing By in a close location is NOT "Withdrawal"..

There are more troops going there..
    the Agenda continues despite what spittle drools from the Clown in Chiefs mouth.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is doing exactly what he always said he would do, a phased withdrawal that ensures ISIS doesn't make a comeback.
    Except for confirmed news, rest of comments here by all are mostly subjective opinions. But your certitude about your predictions about claims made by a politician is quite impressive. Do you have some inside knowledge or just prize yourself as a great reader of politians' promises and trustworthiness?

But you don't have to answer above question if you can share with us when following 2019 globalist intervention surge will come back home?
    Also, how many of the 5000 troops surged in Afghanistan in 2017 have returned home so far?

Mideast Troops Surge 2019:
    MAGA indulged in his "inner Sheldon Adelson" and sent 14,000 more troops to Mideast from May 2019 to Oct 2019

No you Don't.. You Parrot whatever your boyfriend says. even when it is Ludicrous.

You have done nothing else here.

Making it easy for a NATO invasion of Syria by another bad actor is not "withdrawal".

Moving into another unstable country we destabilized (and should have left entirely years ago) is not "withdrawal".

Standing By in a close location is NOT "Withdrawal"..

There are more troops going there..
    the Agenda continues despite what spittle drools from the Clown in Chiefs mouth.
    LOL

You are just mad we didn't fight for the Kurds, you keep making that clear.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You're saying I don't support troop withdrawals? Seriously?

Care to post a link to prove you're not deliberately lying about my position in violation of forum rules? Don't you ever run out of straw to make straw men and call them me? Do you consider that behavior honorable?

Got proof this withdrawal is a withdrawal, not a transfer?
    I said you have attacked this withdrawal and you have.
    And you quoting forum rules about lying about the positions of another member is hilarious.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I said you have attacked this withdrawal and you have.
    Not a Withdrawal

you lying sack of $hit.

Why are you here?????
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Not a Withdrawal

you lying sack of $hit.

Why are you here?????
    Hurling insults won't change the facts or get us to fight for the Kurds.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hurling insults won't change the facts or get us to fight for the Kurds.
    Get Trumps dick out of you mouth

you are just mumbling
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast