Thread: Peter Thiel allegedly signs up as Trump delegate

Peter Thiel allegedly signs up as Trump delegate

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov//sta...-delegates.pdf

Assuming this is strategic support rather than actual liking
    Last edited by randomname; 05-10-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Thiel had no time for Rand.

I'm surprised he can find the time from his busy schedule of building a bunch of NSA software....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm surprised he can find the time from his busy schedule of building a bunch of NSA software....
    Guess he figures he has to "pay to play" in the Trump administration.

He has Trump-like views on immigration. He gave NumbersUSA a bunch of money. He supports a $12/hr minimum wage to keep Mexican immigrants from getting jobs. I also remember he was at a debate with Drudge and Ann Coulter this year. This isn't as surprising as it looks.

Trump barely got his slate in before the deadline. Not that it matters now, but he only got around 160 + 10 alternates. One of them is the head of the American Freedom Party:

Trump Campaign Nominates Prominent White Supremacist To Be Convention Delegate
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Rumors he signed up to Trump's finance team

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    He has Trump-like views on immigration. He gave NumbersUSA a bunch of money. He supports a $12/hr minimum wage to keep Mexican immigrants from getting jobs. I also remember he was at a debate with Drudge and Ann Coulter this year. This isn't as surprising as it looks.
    Interesting. Any links on that?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In terms of political views Thiel is still firmly on our side though, closer to Ron Paul than to any other candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Did a quick search. There are several screeching left wingers that say he "might" have donated to NumbersUSA, didn't seem to be confirmed anywhere.

Regardless, if Thiel did make the donation, perhaps that was the reason that he didn't throw his support and money behind Rand, as Rand had mixed signals on the issue of immigration. It would also explain why he would be willing to join the bandwagon of the "presumptive" GOP candidate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    In terms of political views Thiel is still firmly on our side though, closer to Ron Paul than to any other candidate
    I honestly don't get where this came from. Thiel was mentioned as a libertarian during the 08 campaign but didn't do much for the movement. Then, his company Palantir promptly built NSA's crown jewel PRISM (though they denied it, but the software was the same) and developed the big brother license plate readers and has confirmed connections to CIA. If that wasn't enough, Thiel is a confirmed repeat Bilderberger. Thiel strikes me as a "libertarian" about the same as the Koch Bros are "libertarian".

http://www.thewire.com/technology/20...ism-nsa/66013/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Peter Thiel can't intellectualize his way out of this: Only an $#@! would support Trump

Peter Thiel can't intellectualize his way out of this: Only an $#@! would support Donald Trump

https://pando.com/2016/05/10/peter-t...-donald-trump/

May 10, 2016

When Ted Cruz -- satanic candidate of choice for Silicon Valley libertarians -- dropped out of the presidential race last week, I wondered: Who will Big $#@! back next?

Last night we got our answer: Donald $#@!ing Trump.

According to the Guardian, Peter Thiel, king of Valley libertarians (and a Pando investor through Founders Fund), is not just supporting Donald Trump’s candidacy but he is actually listed as a delegate for Trump in California.

With Trump facing no active opposition as the presumptive Republican nominee, Thiel is a near certainty to be elected in the state’s 7 June primary... Thiel does share certain ideological beliefs with Trump. The Silicon Valley billionaire is very hawkish on immigration and in 2008 reportedly made a $1m donation to Numbers USA, a group that advocates for reduced immigration to the United States. Numbers USA has praised Trump’s immigration plan and given the presumptive nominee an A-rating.

This from a guy who once called Uber “the most morally bankrupt company in Silicon Valley.” This from a guy who made billions of dollars through founding Paypal -- a company co-founded by an immigrant (Max Levchin), backed by an immigrant (Mike Moritz) and sold to a company founded by an immigrant (Pierre Omidyar).

Oh, and also a guy who just a few months ago described Trump as “sort of symptomatic of everything that is wrong with New York City.”

Vanity Fair explains the process by which Thiel's name made it on to the ballot:

[Thiel] is listed as one of three representatives from California’s 12th congressional district. State election law dictates that delegates are selected by the candidates themselves, not the party, and the Trump campaign has been vetting potential delegates for several weeks.
    Thiel has so far declined to comment on his decision to back Trump but, based on past performance, you can bet he and his Paypal mafia cronies will try to dress the decision in cod intellectual claptrap about individual choice and liberty. That’s what happened when fellow Paypal mafioso Scott Banister declared his support for homophobic, anti-choice, anti-immigrant, anti-everything candidate Ted Cruz, and that’s what happened all the way back when Keith Rabois and his friends decided to scream homophobic insults at a Stanford lecturer: “******! Hope you die of AIDS!" and "Can't wait until you die, ******," they yelled, according to the official record.

The third participant - first-year law student Keith Rabois - refused to answer their questions, but sent a letter to the Stanford Daily confirming the allegations. "Admittedly, the comments made were not very articulate, not very intellectual nor profound," Rabois wrote. "The intention was for the speech to be outrageous enough to provoke a thought of 'Wow, if he can say that, I guess I can say a little more than I thought.' "
    Or perhaps just “wow, what an $#@!!” Even Rabois, though, has called Trump an “opportunistic liar.”

Unfortunately, there is literally no way for Thiel to intellectualize his way out of this one.

He is providing an intellectual figleaf to one of the most avowedly anti-intellectual and unqualified presidential nominees of all time.

As I've written elsewhere, Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims, and most other immigrants, from entering the United States and talks about women as if they're his personal sex toys. He wants to cut America off from the world and sees no reason to rule out dropping a nuclear bomb on Europe. Oh, and his own ex-wife has accused him of rape.

These are not the policies of a libertarian, or even of a creationist (which Thiel also claims to be). These are the policies of a $#@!ing $#@!.

I can’t speak for anyone else here at Pando, but I’m utterly ashamed that we have him as an investor.