Thread: Its Official..Vikings in N. America 500 years before Spain.

Its Official..Vikings in N. America 500 years before Spain.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/new-e...land-1.2841561

for some weird reason i can't cut and paste paragraphs off this story....
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 04-05-2016 at 01:39 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty sure the Asians got here first.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

New evidence of Viking settlement found in Newfoundland

Karolyn Coorsh, CTVNews.ca

Published Friday, April 1, 2016 12:20PM EDT

Last Updated Friday, April 1, 2016 5:40PM EDT

Scientists believe they have discovered a second Viking settlement in southwest Newfoundland, using satellite images.

The potential site is approximately 500 kilometres from the previously discovered Viking settlement in L’Anse Aux Meadows, N.L., which was originally found in 1960.

A team of researchers has been using open-source Google imagery to detect any possible Norse-era sites along the coast of Nunavut’s Baffin Island, and all the way to northern New England.

Related Stories

Photos

A satellite image shows a possible Viking settlement in southwestern Newfoundland.

Using the images from space, researchers looking for potential hot spots found shapes on the southwest coast of Newfoundland, said lead investigator Sarah Parcak, an archeologist at the University of Alabama. Her team then applied to the government of Newfoundland to do a basic site survey.

“We thought what we found was most likely going to be historic or indigenous,” Parcak said in an interview on CTV News Channel on Friday.

But digging at the remote area, called Point Rosee, unearthed some telltale signs of Norse-era settlement, including bog iron, turf walls and a hearth. Carbon dating also pegged the site’s date ranges between the ninth and thirteenth centuries AD, Parcak said.

Parcak also said that the geography of the site is further evidence of a possible Viking settlement because it is situated near beaches and natural resources such as wood, fish and water.

“It’s the kind of spot the Norse would have ideally settled, so all of the evidence right now is quite suggestive,” Parcak said.

While it is an exciting development, the area has not yet been confirmed as a Viking settlement site.

“But I think what we’ve found is very intriguing and certainly merits years of further investigation,” Parcak said.

'Edge of European frontier'

If confirmed as a Viking settlement, the site could provide a wealth of insight into early North American history, said Douglas Bolender, one of the researcher who made the potential discovery last June.

“This is at the very edge of the European frontier in the Viking world, where people were setting out in relatively small boats and exploring an entirely new horizon and meeting new people for the first time in North America,” said Bolender, who is an archeologist with the University of Massachusetts.

He added that new archeological site would “open up our ability understand what the Norse were doing there, the range of activities that they had, how long they were actually in the new world, and potentially why they ultimately left. “

Bolender said researchers are being cautious about calling it a Viking settlement.

“We have very limited exposure and would really like, and are looking forward to, the opportunity to go back and really confirm that there’s no alternative explanation for this material.”

Archaeologists are set to resume excavation at the site this summer.

Thousands of people visit L’Anse aux Meadows each year to tour the only confirmed Viking settlement in North America.

The uncovered remains of the Viking village have been replicated by Parks Canada for historical purposes.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/new-e...land-1.2841561

It's only magic!
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 04-05-2016 at 02:03 PM.

The woman behind the whole Space Archaeology thing is working on a game/app where you can help discover these ancient sites around the world.

http://www.wired.com/2016/02/sarah-parcak/

Adding this to my list of historical inaccuracies I learned in school.

The coelacanth, brontosaurus, brontosaurus again, and pluto.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post

I've just scratched it all and am starting over. I'm starting with what I know from experience and working forward/backward.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post

I went to Catholic school, so....limbo. And St. Christopher.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Germans beat them by a lot more than 500 years!

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-954675.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While it is an exciting development, the area has not yet been confirmed as a Viking settlement site.
    Inaccurate Thread Title, maybe?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I've just scratched it all and am starting over. I'm starting with what I know from experience and working forward/backward.
    Yea, I dont even know where to start... I must admit that I actually learned some valuable and accurate information. Including civics, US history, and economics. Its surprising how my teachers got away with teaching what they did. Today they'd be hung for sure...

Probably the biggest lies I'd learned was about FDR, Woodrow Wilson, and "Honest" Abe. I wont fault my teachers for those..

I was in school when Milton Friedman was on PBS - imagine that today? The misinformation definitely accelerated after the Soviet Union fell. Khrushchev was right - they did win, after all.
    Last edited by brushfire; 04-05-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Gulag Chief:

Jan2017

potential site is approximately 500 kilometres from the previously discovered Viking settlement in L’Anse Aux Meadows, N.L., which was originally found in 1960.
    That first settlement in Newfoundland . . . Eric the Red . . . uncovered Viking style fire pits.
    Apparently they were all killed by those pesky native Americans, according to National Geographic.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

Perhaps, but what about the north site?

Gulag Chief:

Celtic monks possibly predate the Vikings arrival!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rst-in-america
    Last edited by TER; 04-05-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    nah..., i'm going to call this legit...
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 04-05-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Cro-mags wandered across the Alaskan peninsula.

to be fair, this is just a story that concerns good evidence Vikings were here before Columbus....were there others that came before?...posssibly, but like i said, this just concerns Vikings and their explorations with hard facts to back it up.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 04-05-2016 at 03:57 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems like they would have a hard time returning, until they built ships big enough to go out far enough to hit the Gulf Stream.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Barry Fell, author of 'America B.C.' is an accomplished decipherer of ancient scripts and has managed to identify a great deal of Celtic, Phoenician, Iberian, Egyptian, Berber, Libyan and Viking scripts in America, indicating that a great deal of trade contact occurred during and after the Bronze Age, but ceasing around the time of the beginning of the Roman Empire. Apparently these great ocean navigators after the destruction of Carthage, decided to withhold all information on navigating to the Americas from the Romans and by the end of the Roman Empire and the onset of the dark ages, much was forgotten about trans Atlantic navigation and the Americas.

Barry Fell has identified Ogham script in America, Ireland, Spain and Africa that goes back to at least 800BC. Early Egyptian scripts were used by the Micmac of North America right up to the arrival of Missionaries. He also identifies many early style Celtic Megalithic monuments on the east coast of America, in particular New England, New Hampshire, Vermont and Woodstock, they take the form of Dolmens, Phallic menhir, Men-a-tol, massive stone Druid's chairs, megalithic chambers, Solstice and Equinox viewing chambers and burial mounds. These all parallel similar structures in Coastal Europe, especially on the Dingle peninsular, Brittany and some sites in Spain. As usual, this work has been ignored by the Eurocentric 'No one before Columbus' fraternity.

Although Barry Fell did not go further than assert that most Celtic connections occurred around the Bronze Age. He was not aware of the more ancient genetic connections the Celts had with the proto-American Indians. With further studies done, more accurate dating of the Dolmens and other megalithic monuments will possibly show that some American megaliths may actually predate the arrival of Celts on the Dingle peninsular in Ireland, indicating that the Caribbean and America was the original homeland of the Celts.
    http://users.on.net/~mkfenn/page9.htm
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Danke can translate the Kensington Stone for you .

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]

That first settlement in Newfoundland . . . Eric the Red . . . uncovered Viking style fire pits.
    Apparently they were all killed by those pesky native Americans, according to National Geographic.
    The Dorset and then later the Thule .

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]

Savages gonna savage.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Germans beat them by a lot more than 500 years!

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-954675.html
    I thought everyone knew the Clovis people were part white . I have been to the Buffalo Jump in Montana and to Hohle Fels , the beer is better in Hohle Fels .

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Savages gonna savage.
    Well , came up short . One day things are going fairly well , next thing you know ...... Al Gore , John Kerry, Biden , Obama , H Clinton , Bernie etc ....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Somewhere I had a pretty cool , pewter Long Boat that I did not melt down for bullets.I was saving it to trade to Danke , but I forgot where I put it. Getting old I guess .

This may cause some real conniptions for the Smithsonian cover ups.