Thread: ALERT: delete your Google browsing history in three simple steps . . .before it's too late

ALERT: delete your Google browsing history in three simple steps . . .before it's too late

How to delete your Google browsing history in three simple steps . . . before it's too late to hide your secrets..tomorrow is the deadline.

Read more:*http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz1niDZj87a
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for this! I didn't buy into it until I logged in! They had every Search recorded for the last 5 years!!
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Bump
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

I have read through it..
    says you have to go to your Google Homepage to get to the settings..

I don't have a Google Homepage,, never have.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Went through steps: computer reported:

Web History has not been enabled by the administrator of the domain @xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com.

I'm the admin so I guess its OK? Don't know how much I believe this will actually work anyways. At $550 a share you can afford the best programmers in the world. How do we know they won't be "using" the information?

imho, if you really want to avoid it, become a modern day Luddite.

It took me awhile to do this. When you go to google, you will probably see your name in upper right corner. In US you click on this name and the drop down appears..when you get to the web history part you have to sign in again. Then you can see these options..I finally got rid of mine.

Then, if you use Firefox, press the ALT key. This will give you the old menu at the top left of your screen. Here you will press tools, then options, general, and change your homepage to https://startpage.com/eng. This is a private search engine that does not give your info to google, ever.
    Last edited by Crickett; 02-28-2012 at 10:51 AM.

You can delete from your view, but they still have it all saved somewhere with your name on it.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have read through it..
    says you have to go to your Google Homepage to get to the settings..

I don't have a Google Homepage,, never have.
    I never had a Google Homepage, but I did use G-Mail. When I went to www.google.com there was a "Sign In" in the upper right - I used my gmail information there, and it brought me back to the regular Google page with my name, then I could clear it out.

I'm guessing - If I ever logged into Gmail, then later searched anything later that same session / same day - it remembered who I was from my gmail login earlier.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    It took me awhile to do this. When you go to google, you will probably see your name in upper right corner. In US you click on this name and the drop down appears..when you get to the web history part you have to sign in again. Then you can see these options..I finally got rid of mine.

Then, if you use Firefox, press the ALT key. This will give you the old menu at the top left of your screen. Here you will press tools, then options, general, and change your homepage to https://startpage.com/eng. This is a private search engine that does not give your info to google, ever.
    Ive also heard that Duck Duck Go is good? Anyone have any idea which is better privacy wise?

Hmm... I guess I never had it turned on in the first place lol. There is no history haha. Metasearch or Dogpile is usually pretty good too.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Yeah me neither I didn´t have it turned on. I´m guessing this is not all the data they have about me though. Oh dear, If i ever run for president, Larry and Sergei can take me down anytime. Too bad, really had a shot.

Deleting your Google history? Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Deleting your Google history? Sounds like obstruction of justice illegal surveillance to me.
    Fixed it for ya
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Bump

Last minute bump
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what if one does not have a google account?

Do they still track you on Google searches?
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Mine was turned off already.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    So what if one does not have a google account?

Do they still track you on Google searches?
    yes but assigns the history to your IP address, I don't know how or if you can delete those.

I followed the instructions but my choices were not "Remove" and "Remove All Web History." My choices were "No Thanks" and "Turn Web History On." So it looks like my default was to have "Web History" turned off. Does this mean lots of people actually go to this page and turn it "on?" Seems unlikely.

Mods, please modify the original title to say "FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNTS ONLY". Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    You can delete from your view, but they still have it all saved somewhere with your name on it.
    ^^^^^^^YEP

Everything is backed-Up @ Google, 4ever! ...and their usage terms are, they will still provide complete history of your life Googling to any Law Enforcement agency and some marketing BS, whether you like it or not.

Just quit using these clowns.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 02-29-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I turned mine off over a year ago so they got nothing on me. Using the same steps you can keep your web history turned off (not that they can't secretly override that, but hopefully they don't).

Eagles' Wings

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    ^^^^^^^YEP

Everything is backed-Up @ Google, 4ever! ...and their usage terms are, they will still provide complete history of your life Googling to any Law Enforcement agency and some marketing BS, whether you like it or not.

Just quit using these clowns.
    What search do you like instead?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    What search do you like instead?
    DuckDuckGo.com

Those guy have been great to all my questions and inquiries. I was very surprised to even receive replies from the founders.

http://www.gabrielweinberg.com/blog/...uckduckgo.html

There's plenty of aliases you can use for searching too.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Eagles' Wings

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    DuckDuckGo.com

Those guy have been great to all my questions and inquiries. I was very surprised to even receive replies from the founders.

http://www.gabrielweinberg.com/blog/...uckduckgo.html

There's plenty of aliases you can use for searching too.

Ok, I took a look and I like what I see. It is their official one year anniversary today!. Thanks, Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Mods, please modify the original title to say "FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNTS ONLY". Sigh...
    That includes YouTube, among others. I know quite a few here are big 'Tubers

Any suggestions for replacing a gmail account?

Preferably something that is easy to use with my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I followed the instructions but my choices were not "Remove" and "Remove All Web History." My choices were "No Thanks" and "Turn Web History On." So it looks like my default was to have "Web History" turned off. Does this mean lots of people actually go to this page and turn it "on?" Seems unlikely.
    I got the same thing...no choice to remove, only "No Thanks" and "Turn Web History On". I hit 'no thanks' and it links back to the google home page...

God knows whether google does or not; so be careful where you go and what you do and what you say!

If you need forgiveness, ask Him. When He forgives, He actually wipes the slate clean.