Thread: Trump: Hiring Illegal Immigrants "The Way People Do Business"

Trump: Hiring Illegal Immigrants "The Way People Do Business"

When asked about illegals working for some of Trump's properties. He says he doesn't know if any work for him or not. I would think given his obsession over immigration he would be sure there weren't any.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...is-properties/

News outlets have reported over the past several months that undocumented immigrants, a group that since he began his presidential campaign President Trump has aggressively maligned, disparaged, and wanted out of the country, work in a number of Trump’s properties.

The President hasn’t spoken on the matter for months, but recently more stories appeared detailing how his properties have hired undocumented workers. On Friday, he was asked by The New York Times if the very people he has vowed to keep out of the country still work on his golf courses. “I don’t know because I don’t run it,” he replied.

“But I would say this,” he added. “Probably every club in the United States has that because it seems to be, from what I understand, a way that people did business.”

The Times reported in December that several undocumented immigrants were employed at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, NJ. The organization also reportedly hired undocumented immigrants to work in hotel and resort properties in Philadelphia, Westchester County, NY, and Jupiter, Florida.

Following the revelations, the Trump Organization reportedly fired dozens of undocumented works on staff and said it would begin using “E-Verify,” a program in that checks Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security records to ensure that new hires are legally allowed to work in the US.

This is not the first time the issue has been raised. Last year, Vox found that only one in 144 jobs went to American workers at three of Trump’s properties amid his “Buy American, Hire American” push. Mother Jones reported:

Thanks to Vox, we now know just how seriously President Trump’s businesses are taking his policy of “America First.” Three Trump businesses posted 144 openings for seasonal jobs from 2016 to 2017, but just one of those jobs went to an American worker, according to a Vox analysis of US Department of Labor data. These three businesses, which includes Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, hired the foreign workers through the H-2B visa, a temporary visa for seasonal, non-agricultural work. Trump businesses have used the program since at least 2013, according to Vox.
    On Friday, Sandra Diaz, a previously undocumented immigrant who worked as a housekeeper at Trump’s Bedminster club from 2010 and 2013 told the New York Daily News that the Trump organization still has undocumented workers on staff.

“He’s still lying,” Diaz said, “as always.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-06-2019 at 03:03 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aside from “eminent domain” which absolutely opposes Private Property Rights, is trump really a Free Market guy? Is Ron (and Rand behind closed doors) further educating trump?

I also wonder, when those immigrants applied for those jobs, how many, specific or approximate, multi-gen Americans on Section 8 actually applied, or flipped the middle finger when they were told jobs were available.

I know in my personal experience I am flipped the middle finger down at the projects 99.9% of the time, while on my way to the Syrian/Greek/authentic Mexican/Italian restaurants.

Will trump ever call for an end to welfare? I mean, if he wants to be re-elected?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Donald J. Trump has a long history of hiring the illegal alien invaders, loves 'em. "Bill Of Love" amnesty soon.

President Trump Hired Undocumented Immigrants for $4 An Hour for Demolition Project: Court Docs

President Donald Trump hired hundreds of undocumented Polish immigrants to demolish a New York City building in 1980 and paid them as little as $4 an hour without providing proper safety equipment to do the job, court documents show.

The workers and their contractor, William Kaszycki of Kaszycki & Sons, sued Trump for unfair labor practices in 1983. After litigation dragged on for 15 years, Trump ultimately paid $1.375 million to settle the case.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-undoc...emolish-724845
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Donald J. Trump has a long history of hiring the illegal alien invaders, loves 'em. "Bill Of Love" amnesty soon.
    Did you feel really proud of that post about trump lowering his cost as much as possible? Lol TDS is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Did you feel really proud of that post about trump lowering his cost as much as possible? Lol TDS is ridiculous.
    Trump didn't even do the hiring.
    It might have been nice if he had a corporate policy of requiring his managers to hire only legal citizens and residents but it's not like he made a policy of hiring illegals.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    You've been predicting that for a long time.
    What's holding it up?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump didn't even do the hiring.
    It might have been nice if he had a corporate policy of requiring his managers to hire only legal citizens and residents but it's not like he made a policy of hiring illegals.
    Contractors. Ideally he should use the Federal surveillance state to vet every contractor he negotiates with. He certainly has the power to do that now and I'm sure nobody here would have a problem with that. Border crisis dont'cha know.

https://openjurist.org/874/f2d/912/d...ontractors-inc

To perform the demolition, Trump-Equitable hired William Kaszycki ("Kaszycki") and his company, Kaszycki and Sons Contractors, Inc. (the "Kaszycki Corporation"), (collectively, the "Kaszycki defendants") pursuant to a written agreement signed January 30, 1980 (the "demolition agreement").
    Newsweek make a lot out of $4/hr (which was more than minimum wage in 1980) and turning the text of the filing into "undocumented Polish immigrants".

The Kaszycki Corporation began the Trump Tower Project in January 1980 and continued the work until August 1980. During this period, the Kaszycki Corporation employed both Union and non-union workers. The non-union workers consisted primarily of some 200 Polish aliens--sometimes referred to as the "Polish Brigade"--whom the company paid less than Union workers.
    But never waste a good narrative. Most 'murricans are too stoopid to go slogging through court filings. If a Newsweek reporter says it, it should be taken as gospel from upon high.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance