Thread: MSNBC - Thanksgiving a celebration of genocide and white supremacy

Exclamation MSNBC - Thanksgiving a celebration of genocide and white supremacy

MSNBC Airs Segment Railing Against Thanksgiving as Holiday Centered on ‘Genocide,’ ‘White Supremacy’

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/11/22...ite-supremacy/

By Tré Goins - Phillips 22 Nov 2021

Heading into the holiday week, MSNBC aired a segment claiming to share the “real history” behind Thanksgiving, painting it as nothing more than a celebration of “genocide” and “white supremacy.”

Appearing on host Tiffany Cross’ show “Cross Connection,” leftist commentator Gyasi Ross said white Americans “are still killing native and black Americans with no fear of reprisal” and asserted many people “are still waiting for white Americans to bring some value” to the world and “to match the mythology of Thanksgiving.”

"Instead of bringing stuffing and biscuits, those settlers brought genocide and violence," Gyasi Ross says about the history of American Thanksgiving. "That genocide and violence is still on the menu." pic.twitter.com/DLkocjrdqV
    — MSNBC (@MSNBC) November 20, 2021

“The mythology of Thanksgiving closely mirrors the mythology of America,” Ross said. “And that mythology is the image that white Americans love to see of themselves: White settlers come to a strange land in good faith, bringing something of great value that enriches the people who are already here. The natives also bring something of immense value: equal exchange. That closely mimics the mythology of white America.”

“It is how America wants to see itself,” the progressive writer continued, before launching into a diatribe condemning the evils of Thanksgiving.

“The truth is pilgrims did not bring turkey, sweet potato pie or cranberries to Thanksgiving,” Ross argued. “[T]hey brought nothing of value. But they got fed. They got schooled. Thanksgiving — it makes sense. There is much for white Americans to be thankful for. But I’m still trying to figure out what indigenous people received of value. Instead of bringing stuffing and biscuits, those settlers brought genocide and violence. That genocide and violence is still on the menu, as state-sponsored violence against native and black Americans is commonplace.”

Ross said “violent private white supremacy is celebrated and subsidized” across the U.S., pointing to the well-known instances of black people who had died during police interactions. He also likened the prison system to “chattel slavery” propagated by white people.

“That is the reality of Thanksgiving,” he sternly asserted. “Many of us are still waiting for white Americans to bring something of value, still waiting for white America to match the mythology of Thanksgiving — freedom, justice, equality, reparations for 2.5 billion acres of stolen native land, reparations for 256 years of stolen labor, reparations for stealing native children. Stop the killing, it’s still happening. Stop the theft, it’s still happening.”

Ross ended his harangue by urging white Americans to “return the land” — presumably the entirety of the country — to minorities.

“Then and only then, we can all be equally thankful,” he said. “Peace.”

Conservatives and social media users were quick to condemn the angry segment.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) tweeted, “Come for the lies; stay for the anti-American hate.”

Chad Felix Greene, a writer for The Federalist, described Ross and Cross as “relentlessly hateful, miserable people” while commentator Drew Holden asked, “Is it just me, or does this annual diatribe get a little more unhinged every year?”

Another social media user, Sarah Haider, wrote, “Where, but in the West, can a narrative so patently one-sided, hyperbolic, and vicious towards the majority race be aired on national television?”

“We should encourage this from Democrats,” added talk radio host Buck Sexton. “More woke lunacy, please. Degrade the greatest country ever created. Spit all over our traditions. Finally, a solid majority of Americans are seeing the Left for what it is. A reckoning is coming. Midterms will be just the start.”

Korean Christian commentator Kangmin Lee tweeted, “Imagine being this miserable and bitter all the time.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1462175533685428227
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanksgiving Proclamation, 3 October 1789

Thanksgiving Proclamation

[New York, 3 October 1789]

By the President of the United States of America. a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor—and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me “to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.”

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be—That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks—for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation—for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war—for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed—for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted—for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

and also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions—to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually—to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed—to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord—To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and us—and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New-York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

Go: Washington

Yet everybody who works at MSNBC will be getting together with their families on that day.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

“are still waiting for white Americans to bring some value”
    Turn off your gas. Turn off your electricity and all the electronic gear you read your pablum, like this article, on. Shut off your water and give up on the flushing toilet. Move yourself back to the 1600's. No medical hospitals, no industrial advances. Just your modern weak assed self that has never required that you live by the land.
    Congratulations. 90% of you are now dead.

Let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Turn off your gas. Turn off your electricity and all the electronic gear you read your pablum, like this article, on. Shut off your water and give up on the flushing toilet. Move yourself back to the 1600's. No medical hospitals, no industrial advances. Just your modern weak assed self that has never required that you live by the land.
    Congratulations. 90% of you are now dead.

Let's do this!
    Was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Weren't they the same ones Harassing Jurors?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Well. I can tell you one person who isn't getting invited to our house this Thanksgiving...

yep

HUZZAH to the winners of history!

what is it like to lose?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Godless commie bastards , all of them. Thanking God for what you have has nothing to do with what they say .They are a scourge upon the land.
    Do something Danke

Anti White racists should be removed from society.
    They are human scum.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Godless commie bastards , all of them. Thanking God for what you have has nothing to do with what they say .They are a scourge upon the land.
    Fascist bastards.

Thou shalt have no God but the State. Unless it's Pfizer, Monsanto and/or Lockheed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Anti White racists should be removed from society.
    They are human scum.
    They have no effect on my life at all. I don't listen to them, associate or trade with them. Their Tee-Vee shows get zero minutes attention from me.

Total non-entity as far as I'm concerned.

What I find interesting though is the sheer number of people who engage enough to even form an opinion.

If it weren't for RPF's I'd have no idea these people shared the same land mass.

Besides MSNBC not having much of an audience, the Tiffany Cross’ show “Cross Connection,” and leftist commentator Gyasi Ross would not have the reach they have it was not for those pulling the strings deciding to intentionally present this propaganda.

You have a beef with the content of MSNBC then take it up with those pulling the strings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBCUni...sal_News_Group
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSNBC

Cesar Conde (chairman, News Group)
    Noah Oppenheim (president, NBC News)
    Rashida Jones (president, MSNBC)
    Mark Hoffman (chairman, CNBC)
    Not to forget the board of directors.

Cross and Ross types will come and go, but they will always have someone waiting in the wings to replace them.

I would have never heard of allot of these wack jobs on the left if it was not for the right on schedule responding to the outrageous propaganda in return. I suspect Cross is going to get a larger audience simply because the right wing media will keep complaining about her and MSNBC is desperate for ratings. The more extreme they go the more eyes start watching. Some of it quid pro quo, you post an article we give you exposure in return, which happens all the time.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Besides MSNBC not having much of an audience, the Tiffany Cross’ show “Cross Connection,” and leftist commentator Gyasi Ross would not have the reach they have it was not for those pulling the strings deciding to intentionally present this propaganda.

You have a beef with the content of MSNBC then take it up with those pulling the strings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBCUni...sal_News_Group
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSNBC

Cesar Conde (chairman, News Group)
    Noah Oppenheim (president, NBC News)
    Rashida Jones (president, MSNBC)
    Mark Hoffman (chairman, CNBC)
    Not to forget the board of directors.

Cross and Ross types will come and go, but they will always have someone waiting in the wings to replace them.

I would have never heard of allot of these wack jobs on the left if it was not for the right on schedule responding to the outrageous propaganda in return. I suspect Cross is going to get a larger audience simply because the right wing media will keep complaining about her and MSNBC is desperate for ratings. The more extreme they go the more eyes start watching. Some of it quid pro quo, you post an article we give you exposure in return, which happens all the time.
    Horse $#@!.

We've been ignoring the Marxists for over fifty years now, as they have taken over every institution in America, hoping they would just "go away" or die on the vine as they got more insane year by year.

And look what good that strategy has done.

You shine the light on these miserable roaches whenever and wherever they pop their filthy heads up, regardless of whether it's an obscure cable TV show or some backwater Marxist university.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Horse $#@!.

We've been ignoring the Marxists for over fifty years now, as they have taken over every institution in America, hoping they would just "go away" or die on the vine as they got more insane year by year.

And look what good that strategy has done.

You shine the light on these miserable roaches whenever and wherever they pop their filthy heads up, regardless of whether it's an obscure cable TV show or some backwater Marxist university.
    What is horse $#@! is every time I point out who is responsible you talk it down and focus on the little people that have no power - the puppets.

I never said ignore it and gave you a list of people responsible for giving them a voice. If you want it to stop, the only way is to take it up with the people actually pushing the agenda. Not simply going down the same road to no where and just reacting to the propaganda hire of the week while helping them build an audience.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-28-2021 at 07:36 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I’m Thankful Thanksgiving Offends All the Worst People

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-worst-people/

JOHN NOLTE 27 Nov 2021

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. Turkey, stuffing, pie, four-day weekend… What’s not to love? But what makes Thanksgiving especially enjoyable are all the neurotic and narcissistic whiners who use the holiday to pretend they’re not Nazis.

Nobody stole your land, you godless crybaby.

Nobody slaughtered you or anyone you know, you squealing little gerbil.

Why don’t you cry some more, bitch, while I add another dollop of whipped cream onto this fat slice of sweet potato pie.

Yes, it’s these whiners who remind me of just how good life is in America.

Imagine a country where life is so good that the only thing a bunch of overprivileged, simpering little bitches have to bitch about is $#@! that happened 150 years ago to people they don’t know and are not related to.

That sounds like a pretty great country to me.

Imagine a country so great that the only thing these professional, all-about-me moaners can find to moan about (when they’re not manufacturing race hoaxes) is stuff that happened so long ago Joe Biden doesn’t remember it. Of course, Joe Biden can’t remember why he’s on the toilet, so that might not be the best example.

Anyway, that sounds like a pretty great country to me.

Imagine a country so great that the professional grousers are not only forced to look back hundreds of years but forced to lie about what happened hundreds of years ago — this absurd lie that no one in North America was stealing land or enslaving or exploiting the environment until the honkies arrived.

C’mon, is this a great country, or what?

And where do all these plaintive cries emanate from every November? From smug, self-righteous babies who are themselves sitting on stolen land; from overeducated, well-to-do, pompous losers who have yet to sell their iPhones, MacBooks, or the car daddy bought them and hand those reparations to the “indigenous peoples.”

My favorite part about these self-satisfied, overindulged, busybody fascists is how they want us to forget that all the horrors heaped upon the American Indian came from one place: the federal government. And what do these same silver-spooned, emotionally damaged, infantile Thanksgiving-haters all want? They want this very same federal government in charge of our health care and banking; they want a federal police force to end rural America. They want us all disarmed and put on a Trail of Tears as we’re herded onto the federal reservation of “Green Utopia” and forced to eat bugs, drink our own piss, and live in 200 square feet of “Sustainability.”

And after that happens, you can bet that these oh-so compassionate, Thanksgiving-haters will themselves staff the Bureau of MAGA Affairs to ensure our religion, language, culture, and way of life are raped and destroyed as they “civilize” our children and us into good little modern progressives.

Yessir, the people offended over Thanksgiving are all a bunch of miserable Nazis, and knowing miserable Nazis are incapable of enjoying this beautiful holiday puts only joy in heart… And that’s why Columbus Day is my second favorite holiday.

God bless America.

God bless Western Civilization.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    They have no effect on my life at all. I don't listen to them, associate or trade with them. Their Tee-Vee shows get zero minutes attention from me.

Total non-entity as far as I'm concerned.

What I find interesting though is the sheer number of people who engage enough to even form an opinion.

If it weren't for RPF's I'd have no idea these people shared the same land mass.
    They can be found everywhere.. I worked for a racist man once.. his son became a good friend.

it is obvious that divisions are being artificially wedged.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom